Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I am finally getting some IE use and I am getting some real brutal IE usage.

My phone is choking trying to run IE. I would load the 800w forum and it would load 58k then a LONG pause then it would get to 102k another LONG pause.

Its pause, pause, pause. I can't even enjoy the revA speeds because the phone can't keep up with the EVDO speed.

Not good. And if I am running TCPMP in the background playing a music video the song will start cutting out and pausing.

Any ideas? My 700 NEVER caused my song to pause.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    So I am finally getting some IE use and I am getting some real brutal IE usage.

My phone is choking trying to run IE. I would load the 800w forum and it would load 58k then a LONG pause then it would get to 102k another LONG pause.

Its pause, pause, pause. I can't even enjoy the revA speeds because the phone can't keep up with the EVDO speed.

Not good. And if I am running TCPMP in the background playing a music video the song will start cutting out and pausing.

Any ideas? My 700 NEVER caused my song to pause.
    It seems to be the network. Switch over to WiFi and see if it does the same thing. Mine was doing the same thing last night, and when I switched over to WiFi, the problems went away.
    Sorry to hear that; mine is quite zippy; it def might be the network.

Quick question, is your shortcut for IE working (Option + talk button)? I get a shortcut error.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    It seems to be the network. Switch over to WiFi and see if it does the same thing. Mine was doing the same thing last night, and when I switched over to WiFi, the problems went away.

Yeah but the problem is I am literally the anti-Wifi user. I HATE wifi. I hate every aspect about it.

I refuse to use Wifi. The whole point of a 3G network is to browse at DSL-like speeds. This negates the use of WIFI in my opinion. I didn't even care that my 700 didn't have wifi because I have no use for it.
    Yeah but the problem is I am literally the anti-Wifi user. I HATE wifi. I hate every aspect about it.

I refuse to use Wifi. The whole point of a 3G network is to browse at DSL-like speeds. This negates the use of WIFI in my opinion. I didn't even care that my 700 didn't have wifi because I have no use for it.
    Steps slowly away from DjPill... very... very... slowly. Please note, I am not making any sudden movements and gestures.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

I would give it a day or two. Mine was doing fine up until last night, then I had to switch over to WiFi to bypass the network slow down.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Steps slowly away from DjPill... very... very... slowly. Please note, I am not making any sudden movements and gestures.

Can't help it. I never liked Wifi I guess because I was an early adopter of EVDO.

Plus with encryption and WEP and wireless security it would literally take me hours to figure out what type of encryption the access point used so that would annoy me.

With that said with my access point here I tried to connect and I connected but its still very slow. Pause Pause Pause. Hrmmgh

I guess it doesn't help I unplugged the phone at 8am and I am now at 35% battery life remaining so I am a little peeved at that too.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

Can't help it. I never liked Wifi I guess because I was an early adopter of EVDO.

Plus with encryption and WEP and wireless security it would literally take me hours to figure out what type of encryption the access point used so that would annoy me.

With that said with my access point here I tried to connect and I connected but its still very slow. Pause Pause Pause. Hrmmgh

I guess it doesn't help I unplugged the phone at 8am and I am now at 35% battery life remaining so I am a little peeved at that too.
    It sounds like something is stealing cycles from your CPU. What progs do you have installed?
  9.    #9  
    It sounds like something is stealing cycles from your CPU. What progs do you have installed?

Nothing. I am not big on 3rd party apps. Just TCPMP. But its still pretty slow with TCPMP off but its even worse with it on.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Nothing. I am not big on 3rd party apps. Just TCPMP. But its still pretty slow with TCPMP off but its even worse with it on.
    Hmm, that does not seem right with your battery dying so quickly, and the log jam you are experiencing. Maybe try a Hard Reset and see if things fix themselves from there.
  11.    #11  
    Hmm, that does not seem right with your battery dying so quickly, and the log jam you are experiencing. Maybe try a Hard Reset and see if things fix themselves from there.

Well the battery is dying quickly probably from the TCPMP that's been playing for the better part of an hour. Its still playing because I am trying to see how quickly I can drain the battery.

How do I hard reset?
  12.    #12  
    My CPU usage for IE is jumping up to 85% at times when I am browsing. This is with TCPMP open. But it only jumps to 85% when its actually doing something.

When its sitting at Opening... it doesnt do anything to the CPU. My battery is down to 27%. I have had the video player running for maybe two hours... tops.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well the battery is dying quickly probably from the TCPMP that's been playing for the better part of an hour. Its still playing because I am trying to see how quickly I can drain the battery.

How do I hard reset?
    Wow, running a trial to see what kinda of batt. life you can expect. Where are you at so far?

To do a hard reset:
    Take battery cover off > Remove Battery > Press and Hold Red end button >Replace battery > Wait till bar gets half way > Release Red button
  14.    #14  
    Wow, running a trial to see what kinda of batt. life you can expect. Where are you at so far?

To do a hard reset:
    Take battery cover off > Remove Battery > Press and Hold Red end button >Replace battery > Wait till bar gets half way > Release Red button

I was able to hard reset at around 20%. Now at 16%. Videos arent playing now since I need to reinstall the Core Player. But this battery life is brutal I am not going to be able to keep this phone with 3hr battery life.
    I was able to hard reset at around 20%. Now at 16%. Videos arent playing now since I need to reinstall the Core Player. But this battery life is brutal I am not going to be able to keep this phone with 3hr battery life.
    So bring it back and be done with it. Stop driving yourself crazy.

It's not for you.
    Oh, now hell.
  17.    #17  
    Ok this is my major issue.

I was doing some testing as to how long a page takes to load. There is another forum I browse so I figured let me time it.

It took 23 seconds to load.

But with TCPMP playing a video in the background, that same exact webpage took 71 seconds to load.

My 700wx was never crippled to this fashion. I would think a newer faster phone should perform better?
    Ok this is my major issue.

I was doing some testing as to how long a page takes to load. There is another forum I browse so I figured let me time it.

It took 23 seconds to load.

But with TCPMP playing a video in the background, that same exact webpage took 71 seconds to load.

My 700wx was never crippled to this fashion. I would think a newer faster phone should perform better?
    Doesn't TCPMP have a feature whereby Vid or Audio can optionally go into a "lesser quality" mode when it is in the background? I'm pretty sure it does.

Are you sure you have both devices setup the same in that regard?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Doesn't TCPMP have a feature whereby Vid or Audio can optionally go into a "lesser quality" mode when it is in the background? I'm pretty sure it does.

Are you sure you have both devices setup the same in that regard?

I don't know about that but I pretty much have both devices set up the same way. I used default settings and such.
  20.    #20  
    In TCPMP in advanced settings if I check the box prefer less buffering over smooth video... the web pages load fine but the video will start suttering and and pausing. If I uncheck that box, the video plays fine with no stuttering, but the webpages take 3-4x longer to load.

Ugh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast