1.    #1  
    The first Sprint store told my wife and I that the 800w was in stock, but would not sell us one until 7/20. I told him everyone else is getting them now. He said that was for preorders. Next store we went to sold it to us no problem. Anyone else have this problem?
    Tell the first sprint store to go to Sprint's website. If it was available until the 20th, it wouldn't be on the website NOR available to be sold.
  3.    #3  
    That's exactly what I told them. Their response was "that's only preorders". We left very unhappy.
    Wednesday I went to a store and asked if I can get the 800w. She said we have a demo unit you can play with and I can capture your name and hold one for you until we can release one to you on Sunday.

Thursday after reading the forums and jealous that some people got theirs, I began to call all the sprint stores in Hawaii. All of them said the release date was the 20th.

Friday I called the first store I went to, and he said they had no 800 in stock and the release date was the 20th.

Giving up and convincing myself I will just wait for the HTC Touch Pro and not get the 800w period.

Sunday, the girl I spoke with on Wednesday said my 800w is ready for pick up. 10 minutes later I am sporting a Treo800.
    I think maybe the launch date is too close to the iPhone therefore Palm changed the official launch date to July 20th. Of course all the stocks have been delivered to the shop.
    I was told that first it was Sunday, and then yesterday was told the 15th. The Sprint sales guy also mentioned how incredibly unorganized this launch has been and that they have gotten no direction on the 800w outside of getting them in stock early last week. I am counting on tomorrow, the 15th. I haven't been lucky to find any stores willing to sell them early yet.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    It seems that a lot of Sprint stores don't even know anything about their products or when they come out. When I got my treo800 the guy told me it had visual voicemail on it. I'm like... uhhhhh... no it doesn't. I remember going into a Sprint store like three weeks ago and asking when the treo800 was going to come out. The guy knew nothing about the treo800, but said it was coming out in August. On Thursday I went a Sprint store that was in the mall to see if they had the 800. I asked about the phone and I get "whats that?", so I ask do you know anything about the phones you offer or am I wasting my time. Sprint customer service sucks in store and on the phone don't see it getting any better soon enough.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    No stores around here have it either Ive been every where. All sprint stores around(third party retailers through innovocom) all the kiosk in the mall , best buy and radio shack!!! None of them know anything about the 800w!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Badspelir View Post
    That's exactly what I told them. Their response was "that's only preorders". We left very unhappy.
    Sorry to say, but they are idiots. Tell them to contact corporate. If it were pre-orders, it would specifically say pre-orders on the web.
    Yeah, I went by the local Sprint store today to check out the 800w. They had a demo on display, but had no stock to sell. The demo was not charged up and the salesperson couldn't seem to find a charger for it. They were clueless! They didn't seem to care that they might have lost a sale...
    The first Sprint store told my wife and I that the 800w was in stock, but would not sell us one until 7/20. I told him everyone else is getting them now. He said that was for preorders. Next store we went to sold it to us no problem. Anyone else have this problem?
    I tried to buy the phone from several stores over the last few days. Yesterday the manager of one store told me that the Palm rep had come into the store and specifically told them they could not sell it until Friday (7/18/08). When I explained it had been released and was available on the website he told me that the phones are always available online before they are available in the stores, and that Sprint had not even loaded the SKU in the system yet.

I knew this wasn't true since i was in a store earlier in the week and the sales rep had the sku and we were looking at it in the computer..he just didn't have any in stock to sell me.
    Same stupid song and dance in Boston.

It's not for sale. I wish I had one in hand, so I could say, if it's not for sale, then how do I have this? (pull out my 800w)
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    Same stupid song and dance in Boston.

It's not for sale. I wish I had one in hand, so I could say, if it's not for sale, then how do I have this? (pull out my 800w)
    I'm in Boston right now with my 800w, i got it at home though.
    If is was paranoid, I might think, who knows, maybe the instinct sales numbers (which I find hard to fathom) are making them rethink not forcing plan changes across the board on smart devices. Blackberries already have a hefty add on.

...Or maybe it is just a(nother of many) sprint cack up.
    Just order it online. Then iif you get it before those idiots claim of release date, just go in the store and show the packing slip.
    Odessa, Texas,
    according to her statement. No displays! Sales person, said you were here before; I will show it to you (so I played with it for a couple of mins; it's not fully released yet according to her statement. I played with it for a couple of minutes and I like the feel of the phone.
    I went and picked mine up today. I wasn't even aware that they JUST came out. The store only had 4 in stock and that was the second one I went to. Just decided the iPhone wasn't worth the hype and remembered reading here that the 800w was coming soon.

Lucked out I suppose. I'm happy though.