Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    not just on this forum but even websites like cnet...


    dont they normally give u that advanced review thing or whatever? I guess everyone else is busy with iphone huh
  2. #2  
    one word: embargo

    Watch what happens Monday ;-)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    one word: embargo
    Another two words: nobody cares

    I don't mean to be mean, I just really think no one except Treo fanatics really care about the 800w at this point. Look at the coverage so far. No one is scrambling to interview the guys who have a 800w in their hand to give the world the scoop on "Palm's hot new phone".

    This is the Treo we should have gotten two or three years ago, that's all. Hard to get people excited about it.
  4. #4  
    Here's a ...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Another two words: nobody cares

    I don't mean to be mean, I just really think no one except Treo fanatics really care about the 800w at this point. Look at the coverage so far. No one is scrambling to interview the guys who have a 800w in their hand to give the world the scoop on "Palm's hot new phone".

    This is the Treo we should have gotten two or three years ago, that's all. Hard to get people excited about it.
    ???

    What other phone matches the 800w's combination of functionality and usability?

    The way I see it you're getting the equivalent of the best WM phone on the market- the Tilt- in a Treo form factor.

    It's no Touch Pro but the Tilit is still leading egde in the NA market today.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Another two words: nobody cares

    I don't mean to be mean, I just really think no one except Treo fanatics really care about the 800w at this point. Look at the coverage so far. No one is scrambling to interview the guys who have a 800w in their hand to give the world the scoop on "Palm's hot new phone".

    This is the Treo we should have gotten two or three years ago, that's all. Hard to get people excited about it.
    Engadget ran two stories on it this weekend.

    One covered
    the TC/WMExperts "hands on" stories from our forum users and the other was announcing availability on the Sprint site.

    Gizmodo did the same stories.

    PhoneArena, PhoneScoop, Gear Diary, etc. have all covered its release and user hands on.

    I see the same coverage that any Sprint smartphone normally gets...no more, no less. And considering that "other phone" dominated the media this weekend, that's fine.

    So I think you are just speaking for yourself here. That and the iPhone has colored a lot of people's ideas about phone releases: not everything is going to be as big, grandiose and silly as the iPhone launch.

    On Saturday afternoon, we had 320 people viewing the 800w forum which was a huge amount--so what if they're "just Treo fanatics", they're a significant portion of site traffic.

    The fact is (and it is a fact) these sites cannot officially review the device till today; most also didn't have tester units for very long.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/14/2008 at 06:32 AM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #7  
    I think all the reviewers are all caught up in the iPhone-mania, they are not paying any attention to anything else. I have an iPhone and even I think all the hoopla is ridiculous. Folks standing in line for hours at a time, to just walk away with nothing when the store runs out. All kinds of software glitches. And the Apply fanboys are the worst of all. It is refreshing to come back to the Treo forums and read about a device that actually pays some attention to function. I am still thinking seriously about getting an 800w next January when my contract expires, even though I own an iPhone now.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The fact is (and it is a fact) these sites cannot officially review the device till today; most also didn't have tester units for very long.
    Hi Mal, Can't wait to see your review. Personally I find that your comments are very netural. I like it.

    All other WM sites are praising the HTC devices. I know a few friends complained about the performance of the Diamond but all the reviews are positive except GearDiary (it truly reflected the situation my friends encountered).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Hi Mal, Can't wait to see your review. Personally I find that your comments are very netural. I like it.

    All other WM sites are praising the HTC devices. I know a few friends complained about the performance of the Diamond but all the reviews are positive except GearDiary (it truly reflected the situation my friends encountered).
    Thanks.

    (anxiously waiting for the UPS truck right now)

    I believe Dieter will do the review for TC and probably WMExperts, though we may do a second one which I'd helm--we'll see if there is enough demand/curiosity for my "official" opinion

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #10  
    I called *2 Sprint last Friday and sales dept said they didnt know when the 800w would be available.
    Are they trying to keep it a secret?
    Very weird.
    Went to Sprint store Sunday and was able to play with the phone for an hour before I bought it because no one else was there to see it.

Posting Permissions