Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post
    GET MONEY BACK FROM SPRINT eCARE

If you send a message to sprint ecare telling then you will be backing up and returning you phone and repurchasing it at Best Buy they will be more then happy to credit you the $50 price difference. I also got them to credit the $100 mail in rebate to my account as it is instant from BB and I do not feel it is worth waiting 10-14 weeks when I can easily purchase the phone elsewhere and receive my rebate now.
    thanks for the hot tip! e-mail is sent! That'd be sweet if I could get that $50 (or $150) back to pay for my 1st bill!
    agreed, thanks for the tip!

also, has anyone tried the AudioPara.csv file?

im thinking it may fix the phone sound issues, but i dont have enough faith in my tweaking skills to even attempt trying incase it backfires...

anyone?
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    I still get a beep before the phone dials the number. I've tried just removing the P as well as deleting the whole registry. Still beeps.

EDIT: At least there's still a beep when I use speed dial by holding down a key to initiate the call. But if I just dial the number, there is no beep.

How to remove the speed dial beep?
    Haven't found a solution for this yet, I agree, it is annoying. It is a DTMF tone that only comes if you assign a number key to a speed dial and press the number key, if you assign a letter key not on the number pad, no beep. If you have a number key assigned and access that speed dial thru the today screen, no beep. Palm has changed the internals of speed dial from WM5. It is probably going to take one of the experts to fix this one.
    also, i just sent my email to sprint, but after i hit confirm, it brought me back to "type something within 52 characters to help possibly identify your problem"

does this mean my message did or didnt go through?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Haven't found a solution for this yet, I agree, it is annoying. It is a DTMF tone that only comes if you assign a number key to a speed dial and press the number key, if you assign a letter key not on the number pad, no beep. If you have a number key assigned and access that speed dial thru the today screen, no beep. Palm has changed the internals of speed dial from WM5. It is probably going to take one of the experts to fix this one.

I am using the old dial lookup dll and I too still get the beep. I thought I was just holding down the key too long... I also get a single number (whatever button was held) showing up in the call progress window. So maybe it is an issue with the activecall.dll
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Advanced search. Do a search for "soft reset" and select to seach titles only. Select 800w forum.
    I use PSshutXP and works great with the 800w and is skinable.

You can download it from http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/ and you can get skins from http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/skins.htm
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    To disable the initiate call beep:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
    Find Script and delete the "P".
    Can you put this in a MortScript similar to the one in Post 19 of this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=dialnosound

Thanks,
    Davin
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Thanks guys, I just sent them an email so we'll see what they have to say. I'm also upgrading to this phone, not buying it as a brand new customer AND I have a SERO account, so I'm not sure if these things will hinder my getting credited, but it's worth a shot. Thanks again!
    Just to let folks know who might have a similar situation to the above - I got a message back from eCare today saying they were crediting my account the $150. They said it would be listed on my online account, which it wasn't so I'm following up with that, but good news, huh?

The other thing I noticed, though, was that there was an $18 phone ugrade fee on my bill. Have you guys seen such a thing before? I know in the past they've charged $30 for activation, and they didn't do that, but I didn't realize they are now adding a fee onto a phone upgrade. Seems a little ridiculous to me, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about it other than complain, and I've already gotten $50 that I didn't think I would, well, $30, but still...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    Can you put this in a MortScript similar to the one in Post 19 of this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=dialnosound

Thanks,
    Davin
    Code:
    #
    # DialNoSound2 - Replaces dial and end call sound to no sound and null the Script
    #

#DefaultSound = "dpadctl.mid"
    NoSound = "No Sound.mid"

RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing", "Sound", NoSound )
    RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending", "Sound", NoSound )
    RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing", "Script", "" )

Message("Dialing and Ending sound now set to No Sound.mid and Script nulled")
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just to let folks know who might have a similar situation to the above - I got a message back from eCare today saying they were crediting my account the $150. They said it would be listed on my online account, which it wasn't so I'm following up with that, but good news, huh?

The other thing I noticed, though, was that there was an $18 phone ugrade fee on my bill. Have you guys seen such a thing before? I know in the past they've charged $30 for activation, and they didn't do that, but I didn't realize they are now adding a fee onto a phone upgrade. Seems a little ridiculous to me, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about it other than complain, and I've already gotten $50 that I didn't think I would, well, $30, but still...

You mentioned you have sero plan and was still able to get the credit. Could you post what you wrote to them or Pleae pm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post
    GET MONEY BACK FROM SPRINT eCARE

If you send a message to sprint ecare telling then you will be backing up and returning you phone and repurchasing it at Best Buy they will be more then happy to credit you the $50 price difference. I also got them to credit the $100 mail in rebate to my account as it is instant from BB and I do not feel it is worth waiting 10-14 weeks when I can easily purchase the phone elsewhere and receive my rebate now.

I just got an email back from sprint saying that they could not match Best Buys price. I guess Ill try to call customer service and see what they can do.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Code:
    #
    # DialNoSound2 - Replaces dial and end call sound to no sound and null the Script
    #

#DefaultSound = "dpadctl.mid"
    NoSound = "No Sound.mid"

RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing", "Sound", NoSound )
    RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending", "Sound", NoSound )
    RegWriteString("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing", "Script", "" )

Message("Dialing and Ending sound now set to No Sound.mid and Script nulled")
    Thanks a million, hannip!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
    You mentioned you have sero plan and was still able to get the credit. Could you post what you wrote to them or Pleae pm me.
    Since I entered it into a form I don't have a record of what I said, but I can try to paraphrase. I basically laid the situation out as it was. I bought the phone a week ago or so and paid X, however found out that Best Buy is now offering it for Y. I went on to say that I had heard another Sprint customer had received this as a credit $50 for the price difference plus $100 to avoid having to wait for the rebate, and could they please offer me the same courtesy. I then said that if they could not, it would "behoove me to return the phone and repurchase it at Best Buy in order to receive this benefit, which I would rather not have to do, of course."

When they wrote back, they said this:

You have been our loyal customer since July 2006. Therefore,
    looking at your long-term association and business with Sprint, I have
    applied a manual credit of $150.00 on the account.
    In general, I was courteous, polite, etc., said please, you know. You will tend to get people's cooperation a lot more if you are nice, right? At least most of the time! There was an implied "threat" but I tried to play it down so it would be as non-confrontational as possible...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Ditto! I got the same deal from ecare and stated the email very similar. It probably depends on who reads your email as well. Maybe a bit of a crap shoot, but any money is better than none.
    Question!

Does anyone know of a hack/reg edit/fix to increase the font size in Internet Explorer WITHOUT sacrificing screen resolution?
    Settings>System>Screen seems to be the only available option and, at the expense of fuzzy web pages, will enlarge the font to a more readable size.

This is a serious problem for me, a definite deal breaker! I use IE a lot and the default font size is just too small. For this reason I'm seriously considering returning my new toy and defaulting back to my trusty 700WX.

Any suggestions?
    Don't know if this one has already been mentioned:

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=132123
    Just call me Berd.
    Since I entered it into a form I don't have a record of what I said, but I can try to paraphrase. I basically laid the situation out as it was. I bought the phone a week ago or so and paid X, however found out that Best Buy is now offering it for Y. I went on to say that I had heard another Sprint customer had received this as a credit $50 for the price difference plus $100 to avoid having to wait for the rebate, and could they please offer me the same courtesy. I then said that if they could not, it would "behoove me to return the phone and repurchase it at Best Buy in order to receive this benefit, which I would rather not have to do, of course."

When they wrote back, they said this:

In general, I was courteous, polite, etc., said please, you know. You will tend to get people's cooperation a lot more if you are nice, right? At least most of the time! There was an implied "threat" but I tried to play it down so it would be as non-confrontational as possible...
    My email was similar, but I didn't mention anyone else getting the same deal. I more phase mine asking what was there stopping me from returning. I just switched over to Sprint right before old SERO ended a few weeks ago (was originally waiting for my Verizon contract to die, but didn't want to miss out). I got the email back today basically saying that many places can offer discounts in the beginning but only Sprint can offer the enhanced services of service, network, etc. To ensure my satisfaction, the $100 rebate and $50 courtesy credit were applied to my account...and it was, so very nice. It's at least worth a try, and most of us seem to be having success thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin View Post
    Question!

Does anyone know of a hack/reg edit/fix to increase the font size in Internet Explorer WITHOUT sacrificing screen resolution?
    Settings>System>Screen seems to be the only available option and, at the expense of fuzzy web pages, will enlarge the font to a more readable size.

This is a serious problem for me, a definite deal breaker! I use IE a lot and the default font size is just too small. For this reason I'm seriously considering returning my new toy and defaulting back to my trusty 700WX.

Any suggestions?
    You can just change the zoom level in IE to increase the font size.
    Menu->View->Zoom Level->Larger

I prefer using the One Column view with Full Screen selected.
    I prefer to have my text messages in conversation mode at all times. But if i do that, "mark as unread" is disabled for conversations. Anyone know how I can change this so that I can always mark any text message (conversation or single message) as unread?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    I prefer to have my text messages in conversation mode at all times. But if i do that, "mark as unread" is disabled for conversations. Anyone know how I can change this so that I can always mark any text message (conversation or single message) as unread?

in chat mode you can cursor up to any message in the chat and hit the dpad button to view it in a single message view which will allow you to mark it unread.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast