Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Of course, should have tried this in the first place - a soft reset - but my phone's battery cover is so effing hard to take off, I just give up after a while. Finally got it done now and it's working the way it should. Guess I'm going to need to invest in some egrip stuff to get the battery cover off or just carry around a rubber glove with me!
    There is software that does a soft reset, but I am too lazy to find a link. It's here somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    There is software that does a soft reset, but I am too lazy to find a link. It's here somewhere.
    Advanced search. Do a search for "soft reset" and select to seach titles only. Select 800w forum.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    To take off the back cover with ease hold the treo upside down with the back facing you. Put your thumbs on each side of the Sprint logo on the back cover and your index fingers curved around the end on each side of the micro usb connector. Then push your thumbs down and up. The cover will pop right off.
    I must have a particularly tough cover and/or particularly oily fingers. Mine just is really hard to remove, and I've tried your way and putting my thumb on the micro ubs connector and all my other fingers on or right below the Sprint logo. The thing is by far the hardest cover to take off a phone I've ever had - I've never had a problem like this that I can remember...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Speaking of Outlook, is there a way of setting up some kind of shortcut to have the folders menu pop up for easier one-handed operation? I recall someone mentioning a mortscript for the 700wx, but now that this is an actual menu item, is there a simpler way or a better mortscript to use for this?
    I just wanted to mention that there is a one-handed way to change folders in Outlook now, without having to use mortscript or re-assigning buttons. When in Outlook, click the Menu soft button, then press G for "Go To" (or select it with the dpad) then select Folders.

Pretty simple.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I just wanted to mention that there is a one-handed way to change folders in Outlook now, without having to use mortscript or re-assigning buttons. When in Outlook, click the Menu soft button, then press G for "Go To" (or select it with the dpad) then select Folders.

Pretty simple.
    Yep, I realize this, but it means at least three button clicks as opposed to one. I suppose if you do it enough it would become second nature, but I still like the button press savings from the script

I must have a particularly tough cover and/or particularly oily fingers. Mine just is really hard to remove, and I've tried your way and putting my thumb on the micro ubs connector and all my other fingers on or right below the Sprint logo. The thing is by far the hardest cover to take off a phone I've ever had - I've never had a problem like this that I can remember...
    The way I described the treo is held upside down with your thumbs pushing up from the sprint logo, not like you described. The way you described is almost impossible to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

(2) Increase "Maximum number of concurrent connections" in PIE

I set both to 25.

One of the most common and effective tweaks for web browsers on the desktop is also possible for IE on WM5. Stored in the registry are two keys which tell Internet Explorer how many connections it should make to a server when downloading a web page. They define the "Maximum number of concurrent connections" and they're just itching for a tune-up.

By [Creating] the following [DWord] key:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 5

to a value higher than the default (5) will enable greater bandwidth saturation during page download and a noticable improvement in page load time. I took a guess and raised the MaxThreads to 10 and have had no problems (thus far).

[Update] Also, you will want to add the dword value:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxConnectionsPerServer
    OK, I'm dense (and new to WinMob) on what to do here;

So using registry editor, I nav to HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/ and create a Dword value?

I'm using Resco Registry and I see in the menu, "new" and then "Dword value" The next menu is fields for Name, DWORD Data and Base. I'm assuming I name it the file structure above, ending at "/MaxRequestThreads" and that 10 would go into the DWORD Data box, correct?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The way I described the treo is held upside down with your thumbs pushing up from the sprint logo, not like you described. The way you described is almost impossible to do.
    I've tried both ways and at least with the right-side-up method I described, I have been able to get the cover off a couple of times with my bare hands. So far I haven't gotten your method to work with bare hands. My case just won't bud without some serious traction which my bare hands usually can't provide - my last resort is to use a rubber glove. Guess I'm going to have to buy some egrips or just find an old ripped rubber glove and cut a piece out to keep with me or something...

9.    #149  
    Note2self is a very cool little program and works on the 800w. Some of you may be using it but I just found it. Took me a minute to get it set up properly.
    http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...p_id=note2self
    GET MONEY BACK FROM SPRINT eCARE

If you send a message to sprint ecare telling then you will be backing up and returning you phone and repurchasing it at Best Buy they will be more then happy to credit you the $50 price difference. I also got them to credit the $100 mail in rebate to my account as it is instant from BB and I do not feel it is worth waiting 10-14 weeks when I can easily purchase the phone elsewhere and receive my rebate now.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post

If you send a message to sprint ecare telling then you will be backing up and returning you phone and repurchasing it at Best Buy they will be more then happy to credit you the $50 price difference. I also got them to credit the $100 mail in rebate to my account as it is instant from BB and I do not feel it is worth waiting 10-14 weeks when I can easily purchase the phone elsewhere and receive my rebate now.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot, but do you know how long you have to return your phone? I got mine on the 12th, which is 11 days ago. Am I SOL?

Hi dvdmon...I believe you have 30 days to return your phone for a full refund.
    Yupo, its 30 days. I have found dealing with ecare to be a much more pleasant experience then *2
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I just sent them an email so we'll see what they have to say. I'm also upgrading to this phone, not buying it as a brand new customer AND I have a SERO account, so I'm not sure if these things will hinder my getting credited, but it's worth a shot. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    To disable the initiate call beep:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
    Find Script and delete the "P".
    I still get a beep before the phone dials the number. I've tried just removing the P as well as deleting the whole registry. Still beeps.

EDIT: At least there's still a beep when I use speed dial by holding down a key to initiate the call. But if I just dial the number, there is no beep.

How to remove the speed dial beep?

can u give me their email?
    thnx
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    can u give me their email?
    thnx

Yupo, its 30 days. I have found dealing with ecare to be a much more pleasant experience then *2
    very true! I was able to get a free battery for the 800w by going through ecare
    done.thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    very true! I was able to get a free battery for the 800w by going through ecare
    Same here.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast