Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Here is the thing about the Rev A check box and all the PIE tweaks. When I first got the phone and turned it on, I was getting 700-900 on dsl reports. Then after reading this thread, I went in and checked the Rev A box and did the MaxThreads and MaxConnections tweak as well as changed the DNS servers. Now I am only getting 400-500 on dsl reports.. Clearly, its all a bunch of crup!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    I haven't seen any improvement from the Rev A checkbox either. I haven't tried the MaxThreads or MaxConnections on the 800w. When I tried them on my 700wx they didn't seem to make a big difference. What did make a huge difference on my 750 was changing the dns to use high speed servers. This was due to Cingular's really slow dns servers that were configured. I haven't tried this on the 800w yet either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    This soft reset program works on the 800w.

http://www.megaone.com/fengwei/ppc.htm#SoftReset_
    Installed it. Works great. however, I am curious, is it possible to get this on Start menu/ Today screen? Though the description said that a link will be created under start menu, I cant seem to find it.
    -M
    Hi all. I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I've seen a lot of great info in this thread and this forum as a whole as well.

However I had a quick question. After running PM Clean, it says I still have 61 notifications left? Before I ran the program I had 63. Is 61 normal?
    TIP: Use the built in Keyguard

WM Pro devices take more power to turn on and off than their smartphone counterparts.

One way to keep from using up your battery is to use the Keyguard which "forces off" the screen very quickly. Important for when emails, sms, etc. "wake" the device, as otherwise it'll have to wait to "time out" to turn back off.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    TIP: Use the built in Keyguard
    I turned on the lock in spb Mobile Shell, but then realized it was an extra step vs the built in key guard (not to mention it flaked out on me a bit, showing "password" instead of "unlock" at the left softkey and there's no password option that I could find in any MobileShell documentation).

Also, I've seen a strang occurance today -- the built-in screensaver on screen with the screen fully lit to max brightness. This is sure to hammer the battery, and don't know what could be causing the issue.

Have Resco File Explorer, Mobile Shell and a couple of games installed, not much else at this point.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    My biggest annoyance at the moment is having notifcations from my Email. I'm not talking about audible notifications, but rather the ones that you see both on the top menu bar as well as above the left softkey (changes from "Messages" to "Notifications"). I don't want Outlook to add notifications to this because I'm constantly getting email and constantly have to go in and clear these things (well, I have to check them to see whether they are email notifications or SMS, which I AM interested in seeing). Is there any way to prevent Outlook from doing this?

Speaking of Outlook, is there a way of setting up some kind of shortcut to have the folders menu pop up for easier one-handed operation? I recall someone mentioning a mortscript for the 700wx, but now that this is an actual menu item, is there a simpler way or a better mortscript to use for this?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I haven't seen any improvement from the Rev A checkbox either. I haven't tried the MaxThreads or MaxConnections on the 800w. When I tried them on my 700wx they didn't seem to make a big difference. What did make a huge difference on my 750 was changing the dns to use high speed servers. This was due to Cingular's really slow dns servers that were configured. I haven't tried this on the 800w yet either.
    I Changed to the faster DNS server and saw no increase in speed. In fact it was actually a bit faster when I changed back to sprint's. Although not enough to mean anything. The phone is absolutely faster then the 700wx at the same speed. Could it be something to do with the browser? I have not seen any difference when running tests other parts of Cleveland. I will be in Columbus, Cinci, and Pitt. in the next few weeks and will report any differences.
  9.    #129  
    Ran across this site with software links:
    http://www.mytodayscreen.com/111-fre...indows-mobile/
    EDIT: Some of the download links go to "freewareppc.com" which has some very annoying popups, but I have downloaded software with no problems so far.

The software called "NoniGPSPlot" is pretty cool and has lots of options, you just have to find them all by tapping on the screen.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 07/22/2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: new
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Speaking of Outlook, is there a way of setting up some kind of shortcut to have the folders menu pop up for easier one-handed operation? I recall someone mentioning a mortscript for the 700wx, but now that this is an actual menu item, is there a simpler way or a better mortscript to use for this?
    I think you are looking for this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=25

1) Install MortScript
    2) download, extract and copy script to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    3) Assign to a button
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My biggest annoyance at the moment is having notifcations from my Email. I'm not talking about audible notifications, but rather the ones that you see both on the top menu bar as well as above the left softkey (changes from "Messages" to "Notifications"). I don't want Outlook to add notifications to this because I'm constantly getting email and constantly have to go in and clear these things (well, I have to check them to see whether they are email notifications or SMS, which I AM interested in seeing). Is there any way to prevent Outlook from doing this?
    Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications Tab -> Event dropdown -> Messaging: New e-mail message -> Uncheck "Display message on screen"

Also, I don't have an 800w yet but does the Event screen have the "Flash light for..." checkbox available? I see everyone complaining about the LED not showing a visual indicator without a third party program but this function is built in on the Mogul...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications Tab -> Event dropdown -> Messaging: New e-mail message -> Uncheck "Display message on screen"

Also, I don't have an 800w yet but does the Event screen have the "Flash light for..." checkbox available? I see everyone complaining about the LED not showing a visual indicator without a third party program but this function is built in on the Mogul...
    That just keeps the phone from displaying the email on the today screen. What we want to do is eliminate the notification completely. Ones you uncheck "display message on screen" the left softkey still turns into "notification". This is annoying for people who has push email and always have to clear it out. Is there any regedit we can do for it to not change the softkey?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I think you are looking for this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=25

1) Install MortScript
    2) download, extract and copy script to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    3) Assign to a button

It works great, thanks Hannip!

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    No, this option does not appear in the sounds and notifications setttings
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It works great, thanks Hannip!
    Oops, I guess I spoke too soon without testing it!

I assigned the script to my calendar button since I don't really use it. When I go to outlook and hit the calendar button, the folder screen comes up and I'm able to navigate to any folder and select it, which then shows me the messages in that folder. However, after this, my 5-way navigation does work. The workaround for me right now is to hit the ok button to go to the Today screen, then to hit the mail button again at which poin the 5-way navigation works again. Any ideas why this wouldn't work? I looked a the script briefly but most of it seemed to be about getting the phone to go into voice-recognition mode, which really confused me! One of these days I'll have to take a look at this scripting environment and start playing with it...

Levi

Oops, I guess I spoke too soon without testing it!

I assigned the script to my calendar button since I don't really use it. When I go to outlook and hit the calendar button, the folder screen comes up and I'm able to navigate to any folder and select it, which then shows me the messages in that folder. However, after this, my 5-way navigation does work. The workaround for me right now is to hit the ok button to go to the Today screen, then to hit the mail button again at which poin the 5-way navigation works again. Any ideas why this wouldn't work? I looked a the script briefly but most of it seemed to be about getting the phone to go into voice-recognition mode, which really confused me! One of these days I'll have to take a look at this scripting environment and start playing with it...

Levi
    The script shouldn't affect your dpad at all. It doesn't try to intercept any keyboard actions. I just tried it set to the calendar button and had no issues following your steps.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Great tips! Keep em coming!

Any one knows how to make the icons smaller? Like the ones in Programs, settings, etc.
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
    Today I decided to try Force Broadband EVDO Only with Rev A enabled. While my phone does seem to still drop down to 1x (seems counter productive) I noticed a huge jump in speed from automatic. I also have a large discrepancy in speed test results. 2wire.com will not correctly display results over 1mbps. The mobile broadband speed test seems limited in server speed. I am getting true readings using http://performance.toast.net (in ie only, Opera hangs up trying to display the test page) The most accurate test is a text test (doesn't slow browser down rendering) on the Microsoft Office Live Server. I am seeing well over 1Mbps consistently.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    The script shouldn't affect your dpad at all. It doesn't try to intercept any keyboard actions. I just tried it set to the calendar button and had no issues following your steps.
    Of course, should have tried this in the first place - a soft reset - but my phone's battery cover is so effing hard to take off, I just give up after a while. Finally got it done now and it's working the way it should. Guess I'm going to need to invest in some egrip stuff to get the battery cover off or just carry around a rubber glove with me!

To take off the back cover with ease hold the treo upside down with the back facing you. Put your thumbs on each side of the Sprint logo on the back cover and your index fingers curved around the end on each side of the micro usb connector. Then push your thumbs down and up. The cover will pop right off.
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast