Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    All I can say is you guys rock! The multi-message sms and the end key turning off the screen immediately are fantastic mods....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    More camera registry settings:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Pictures\Camera\OEM

EnableVideoZoom=1
    EnablewhiteBalance=1
    HideFullScreenMenu=0

These are the new settings and will add options to your still camera and video menu.
    when i try these i get "access is denied"... any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Found another issue...
    My 800 slowed to a crawl and I was just about to do a hard reset, usual result of too much experimenting, then I remembered the notification bug in WM5. Basically each soft reset causes duplicate notifications in the queue.

I ran a program called "PMClean" and what a difference, like night and day fast. So beware of this if you phone slows or starts acting quirky. You would think they could fix this in WM6.
    Check all the boxes and run the program.
    Be careful about setting this to autorun, I selected it to run at 5 a.m. each day, checked all the boxes including soft reset after finished button. Device immediately reset after hitting OK and went into a reboot loop...had to pull the battery a couple of times until I could finally get to the program and cancel (think it was a memory issue)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Be careful about setting this to autorun, I selected it to run at 5 a.m. each day, checked all the boxes including soft reset after finished button. Device immediately reset after hitting OK and went into a reboot loop...had to pull the battery a couple of times until I could finally get to the program and cancel (think it was a memory issue)
    I'm having the same issue.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Any chance there's a hack to prevent Pocket Outlook from trying to dial a known contact when the green phone/talk button is pressed?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    GREAT info guys!!!! i would like to control my LED light on the front. with my 700p and 755p, the light either lit up or flashed when i got a new text message or email (great to be able to just glance at it from a distance). it doesn't light up EVER now unless it is charging!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonekilla View Post
    After it installs on your computer's C: drive go in the the PHM directory and manually copy regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab over to your Treo. Took me a while to figure this out. All praise Google.
    Thank you soo much...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I've had a Treo 650 for almost 4 years now, and installed VolumeCare on it to help its pitiful volume issues. That app was the best money ever spent.

Just upgraded that phone to the 800w. Now, I need something to increase the volume levels on this phone. I'm running at max volume level, and it is still just a tiny bit to quite.

I'm a noobe to MW and doing any sorta "hacks/tweeking," but I'm willing to try anything to pump up the volume.

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    GREAT info guys!!!! i would like to control my LED light on the front. with my 700p and 755p, the light either lit up or flashed when i got a new text message or email (great to be able to just glance at it from a distance). it doesn't light up EVER now unless it is charging!

Yes...Id love to get the LED to actual do something useful...like a blackberry or something....Im sure there is some way...that's the great thing about these WM phones...unlike the windows pc experiance they are the most customizable of all
    I was actually happy not to have a constantly flashing light, but yeah, I'm surprised it doesn't flash when a new message arrives. I'm sure it's due to the battery that they decided to leave it out.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    nah...no way a flashing...nor lit up led is going to make any change at all to the battery life...those things take no juice at all....

I've never had a palm before but am not new to WM...but I would like to be able to maybe get a red LED for a text and a green for a voicemail...or something customizable similar to that....I'm sure its just a matter of time before that pops up
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    So I am at page 99 in the manual after sitting down with it today, when I realized there was no reason to do the camera registry hacks (I tried and couldn't figure out which values to change anyway), because the zoom and white balance can be changed by pressing the 4 way up/down for the zoom, and left/right for the white balance adjustment, when it is in camera mode.
    Some people like the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    So I am at page 99 in the manual after sitting down with it today, when I realized there was no reason to do the camera registry hacks (I tried and couldn't figure out which values to change anyway), because the zoom and white balance can be changed by pressing the 4 way up/down for the zoom, and left/right for the white balance adjustment, when it is in camera mode.
    Wow, thats good to know. I skipped that part... Thanks for the info
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I may be crazy too, as soon as I made the switch, I got five bars in my house, which is a Sprint acknowledged zone of cellular hell. Only when I force roaming do I get that kind of service. Seems to be staying higher too.
    is the reception still better for u?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    is the reception still better for u?
    I had to give up on this because of issues receiving calls and text messages....now if I need good service at my house, I just force roaming. Works well.
    Thanks for all the great work guys, this forum has been a huge help. I have to ask, has anyone got MMS turned on. Also those of you reporting 1500kbs what are you doing to see such speed? Speed test program ect. I feel like my internet is going much faster especially when tethered but when I run speed test in ie or opera I am only seeing about 500kbs. I do have the REV A box checked and I have opened 11 pipes. I am in Solon Ohio, is it possible I am just not seeing REV A speed here yet.
    I have MMS turned on. You can't use it.

If you're in a Rev A area and only eeing ~500 kbs, you can play with the HA settings. There are some threads out there that get into the technical details of them.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    PMClean says I have 77 notifications but it didn't remove any when I hit clean. I don't think I'm suffering from the duplicate notification phenomenon. I AM still suffering from the disappearing battery life effect.
    I am getting the same problem...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Is there any app to report freeze or reset on treo 800w? I dont know what got into me to go for #377# and then realized that its not 755p
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.