Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Found another issue...
    My 800 slowed to a crawl and I was just about to do a hard reset, usual result of too much experimenting, then I remembered the notification bug in WM5. Basically each soft reset causes duplicate notifications in the queue.

I ran a program called "PMClean" and what a difference, like night and day fast. So beware of this if you phone slows or starts acting quirky. You would think they could fix this in WM6.
    Check all the boxes and run the program.
    Good find! I had forgotten about this little program.
    One more request. When I go to my Camera, there is a button called Thumbnails. When you click it, it takes you to the My Pictures folder on the camera. However, my picture folder is a DCIM folder on my card.

How can I set this to default to that particular folder always?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    with ##EVDO# I get the following messages:

After checking the box for Rev. A, I do not get that error.

Hmm, I think that this is another issue that needs to be reported to Palm.....they claim Rev. A out of the box, but it is not actually enabled.

I get the same error

How do I check the box for Rev. A?

Edit:
    Never mind i found it
    Don't change the "MaxCharsPerMsg".

Instead change the MaxPartsPerMsg to 10 (from 1) and it will allow you 10 messages (1600 total characters). You can increase/decrease as you see fit from there.

If you change MaxCharsPerMsg it will work, but it will show the number of essages incorrectly.
    THANK YOU! I hate it when Palm limits messages to only 1 SMS.
    Can someone please tell me if there is a hack to fix audio issues with Treo 800w? Not just speaker but also wired headset and bluetooth A2P headsets, audio overall sucks. I can not even control volume as it goes up and down with different app including phone while in call. It changes each time. And on headset (wired or bluetooth) I cant listen to songs while working out. Gym music is loud enough to be overheard while on full volume on Treo 800w. I didnt want to open another thread but if someone got a fix please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I noticed that when you play a video in full screen in WMP, it rotates the video, which is a weird thing to do on a square screen. Is there a registry edit to stop it from rotating? I noticed there's a key called WhenToPlayFullScreen, which is set to 1, I think, but I have no idea what that does.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    What hacks from the Treo 700wx hacks work?
    I'd like to make the scroll bars thin!
    Scroll bar and arrow hack works perfectly. I have both set to 9.
    This soft reset program works on the 800w.

http://www.megaone.com/fengwei/ppc.htm#SoftReset_
    How do you install that program? I had trouble with it. Also, do I want the 2002 or 2003 version?
    Laissez Faire
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do you install that program? I had trouble with it. Also, do I want the 2002 or 2003 version?
    with ##EVDO# I get the following messages:

After checking the box for Rev. A, I do not get that error.

Hmm, I think that this is another issue that needs to be reported to Palm.....they claim Rev. A out of the box, but it is not actually enabled.
    same happened with me

i definitely noticed a difference after checking and it reset the radio

havent made a call yet, but my bars are showing better
    But how do you get it to install? I have not been able to get it to work.
    Laissez Faire
    You click the file in File Explorer, it goes into the zip manager, click expand (left button), and then click 2003. You accept the file being installed, install to device, and that's it.
  13.    #93  
    Power Management issue...
    First discussed by lawilson2 in another thread.

My 800w would not go into power management mode and battery life was terrible. I changed the power management registry settings(4 places) then changed them back, then ran the "PMclean" program. Now it will go into power management mode. For the last 24hrs, I have seen a major difference in battery life. The battery was draining in 4hrs before the change, now just less than 50% with same kind of use 24hrs later.

I am not sure exactly what changed. I did see a big improvement in phone response after I ran PMclean, when I pressed red phone off, then waited and pressed again to turn on phone, there was a 10 - 20 sec lag. After PMclean, it is instant on. This phone does not like soft resets, causes notification duplications from what I understand, and I was resetting often. Now it's like a different phone, much better.
    Maybe one of the experts can follow up on this.
    Power Management issue...
    First discussed by lawilson2 in another thread.

My 800w would not go into power management mode and battery life was terrible. I changed the power management registry settings(4 places) then changed them back, then ran the "PMclean" program. Now it will go into power management mode. For the last 24hrs, I have seen a major difference in battery life. The battery was draining in 4hrs before the change, now just less than 50% with same kind of use 24hrs later.

I am not sure exactly what changed. I did see a big improvement in phone response after I ran PMclean, when I pressed red phone off, then waited and pressed again to turn on phone, there was a 10 - 20 sec lag. After PMclean, it is instant on. This phone does not like soft resets, causes notification duplications from what I understand, and I was resetting often. Now it's like a different phone, much better.
    Maybe one of the experts can follow up on this.
    I can concur with this. I took my phone off the charger today around 12pm. A few calls, played music thru bluetooth in my car for about 30 minutes (not on car charger), left BT on all day, did some text messaging, left IM on, exchange email on, weatherbug, and now at 8pm it's at 45%. Before I would have been down to 10% at this time or much earlier. So that PMClean has made a difference big time. I don't know how or why, and I guess the less I know the better.

I'm tempted to try the Cody Performance Booster cab again for better battery life to see if I can extend it even more.

Has anyone seen a difference using the performance booster?
    PMClean says I have 77 notifications but it didn't remove any when I hit clean. I don't think I'm suffering from the duplicate notification phenomenon. I AM still suffering from the disappearing battery life effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I tried installing that program, and it completes but it does not show up in the install program folder in ActiveSync... anything I'm doing wrong?
    After it installs on your computer's C: drive go in the the PHM directory and manually copy regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab over to your Treo. Took me a while to figure this out. All praise Google.
  17.    #97  
    More camera registry settings:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Pictures\Camera\OEM

EnableVideoZoom=1
    EnablewhiteBalance=1
    HideFullScreenMenu=0

These are the new settings and will add options to your still camera and video menu.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I got the same error on ##EVDO#. After the third try, I got the error, responded ok and the screen came up. Rev A was not checked. It is now and I'm getting 1500 to 1675 kbps downloads. It's screaming. Thanks for the tip
    please post the hack to thin out the scroll bars. thanks.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    please post the hack to thin out the scroll bars. thanks.
    Change scroll bar size

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ and tweak the following values.
    cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
    cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)

I think I read that 7 looks good so that's what I did.
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast