Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031
    i've DL the Pro Keyboard but can only get it to activate when I push my Green Pad while I'm online when I'm offline I get the regular KB. So how do I stop my quickdial if that's the way?
    Is there a master list of ## commands somewhere. For example when you want to force REV a you enter into the dial pad ##3836# and go from there. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I've downloaded Resco but cant seem to find " HKEY_CURRENT_USER".. how do i get to where i need to edit this?
    People like you should NOT be messing around with ANYTHING electronic.
    Seriously, holy crap...
    Usually people who are "smart" enough to mod their phone can "find" something as easy as "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"....
    OR know what "HKCU" means.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecats96 View Post
    Looking around at other sites, I found a useful thread at xda-developers (I can't submit the link because this is my first post):

Seems like fixing the date format is done by creating another value at:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides
    Call it "SSDte" (no quotes).
    Value is "dd MMM " (no quotes).

Note the extra 2 spaces after MMM. This keeps it from disappearing under the OK button. There are many other formats you can try:

"dd MMM yy "or "MMM d " or "d.M.yy " or "dd.M " or "MM / dd " .

I love having the date there now
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides
    Call it SSDte
    Value is dd MMM" "
    *For the Value: dd MMM" " add a (") hit the spacebar TWICE then add another (")*

This is what I did, and it solved my problem.

A LOT of.. if not ALL of these hacks on all 31 pages here are found on...

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41241&page=1

People have just been copy and pasting.

Enjoy.
    I got mine from xda-developers and older threads here at TC.

I barely even visit ppcgeeks.
    But they definitely have their share of talented people.

Reg edits go a long way back. It would be a difficult task to find the true origin of reg edits scattered all over the web.
    I guess we could just as easily say ppcgeeks copied and pasted from xda-developers, or older TC threads.
    But that could be taken as an insult to ppcgeeks members who just wanted to share.

If anyone, anywhere, at anytime, invented the regedits that I posted above, and I failed to give credit, I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    The Keypress beep on speed dial is a DTMF tone, I believe it is some kind of bug, but it is really annoying. For a temporary solution and I don't know if there will be any negative side effects, you can try this registry edit:

HKLM\Software\Palm\Phone
    DTMFTonesGainClass=3
    change to 0

The tones still transmit and my different voicemails work, this change supresses the tone internally to the speaker. Again, I don't know if this is the right answer, but it works for me so far. I hope one of the experts will look at this issue.
    Also, alternative (and I think final) solution:

[Mobile Device\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Feedback]
    InitVol=2
    change to 0

Best Registy Editor is included in Pocket Controller Pro. You can manipulte device registry from your desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I think someone posted but I can't find this feature.

How can I choose what my default browser is for like links etc?
    Is there a regestry edit to control which is the default browser? I had Opera 9.51 Mobile Beta installed for quite awhile, and it has a setting to have it as the default browser. I just recently went to Opera 4.2 Mini, but there is no option to set it as the default browser. Once I removed Opera 9.51 as the default, now it defaults back to PIE.

Thanks
    For those of you who are annoyed with the GPS location privacy alert each time you change your location privacy from 911 to public, here's your fix:

HKLM > Palm > Carrier > PLMOCPL

Look for the REG_DWORD called LocationPrivacyShowInfoToast and change that from 1 to 0.

It doesn't need a reset and you won't be annoyed when changing between Public and 911. Gonna save me an accident down the road, I know it.

Thanks to all of you for the fun tweaks. Also sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I figure it's worth it to the people that have been looking for this tweak and (after reviewing 31 pages) still hasn't been revealed.
    Thanks for reviving it with this one!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    For those of you who are annoyed with the GPS location privacy alert each time you change your location privacy from 911 to public, here's your fix:

HKLM > Palm > Carrier > PLMOCPL

Look for the REG_DWORD called LocationPrivacyShowInfoToast and change that from 1 to 0.

It doesn't need a reset and you won't be annoyed when changing between Public and 911. Gonna save me an accident down the road, I know it.

Thanks to all of you for the fun tweaks. Also sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I figure it's worth it to the people that have been looking for this tweak and (after reviewing 31 pages) still hasn't been revealed.
    Cool. Thanks
    anyone know how to change amount of the default vibrating when the phone is ringing? default is like 3
    I had to replace my 800 and i just went through all 31 pages of this thread to get my 800 back to the way I wanted it.

Just being proud over an accomplishment.
    Does any one know how to registry edit a palm treo to downgrade the bluetooth so my older bluetooth devises will work with my phone?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031