Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Download this program for Pocket PC. Since you're new, use the activesync installer when you download: http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I tried installing that program, and it completes but it does not show up in the install program folder in ActiveSync... anything I'm doing wrong?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    To change the red phone key back to the same functionality as the 700WX (i.e. pressing red phone turns screen off instead of going to home) Change the following Key

HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\

EndKeyAsHomeKey from 1 to 0
    What is the easiest way to get back to the home screen after applying this tweak?
    Press start twice fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    What is the easiest way to get back to the home screen after applying this tweak?
    The Green (phone) key will take you there in almost every app, except Outlook. If you have an email highlighted that is in your address book, hitting the green key will bring up the contacts number to dial.

Or

Hit the start key and choose today. Or hit the start key two times quickly.

Or

Simply hit the OK button until you are Home.
  7. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    Press the green (left - send) button. brings u to the home screen from any app.

Edit: ok Longstrider beat me to it with a better answer!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Press the green (left - send) button. brings u to the home screen from any app.

Edit: ok Longstrider beat me to it with a better answer!!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    To change the red phone key back to the same functionality as the 700WX (i.e. pressing red phone turns screen off instead of going to home) Change the following Key

HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\

EndKeyAsHomeKey from 1 to 0
    Heh... try ending a phone call now

I had to assign AE Button Plus to double tap RED key to end a call. Still a great work around for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post

I had to assign AE Button Plus to double tap RED key to end a call. Still a great work around for me!
    I can still hang up phone calls. But after I change registry, my screen dims instead of completely off in some programs.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I can still hang up phone calls. But after I change registry, my screen dims instead of completely off in some programs.
    I too have had no problems with hanging up a phone call. Check to see if your bakclight is set to dim in settings. I am sure that the default is to dim after 1 min of inactivity.

Odd...mine hangs up calls with NP

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Maybe installed software is interferring?
    Conflict with AE button, I removed the secondary function of it, then readded it. All fixed now (soft reset included).

Thanks guys.

Still a great find, makes using the device more efficient.
    Conflict with AE button, I removed the secondary function of it, then readded it. All fixed now (soft reset included).

Thanks guys.

Still a great find, makes using the device more efficient.
    Agreed. The phone is getting better every day. Four months from now, I am certain it will be cooking me breakfast.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    It doesn't affect my ability to hang up, either, but it appears that the screensaver isn't working now. But that might be due to some other interference too.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    anyone know of a way to have the OK button close apps as opposed to "minimize" them? I would prefer to be able to close by default, and if I want to leave them running, use something other than OK to move away.
  18.    #58  
    Good article on Exchange and HTML email on windows mobile 6.

http://www.chrisrue.com/funcave/2007...-mobile-6.html
  19.    #59  
    Changing the "HA" or home agent value works on the 800w as it did on the 700wx. Use the DSL speed test (1MB file) on your 800w several times during the day, if the results are consistantly below 500 kbit/sec then changing your HA value may help, Some HA sites are very slow.
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1

This refers to Non-RevA speeds.
    If you want to take it to the next step, see the discussion link below, you will need your MSL unlock code for this. You should only try this if your Non-RevA speed is very slow.
    http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Changing the "HA" or home agent value works on the 800w as it did on the 700wx. Use the DSL speed test (1MB file) on your 800w several times during the day, if the results are consistantly below 500 kbit/sec then changing your HA value may help, Some HA sites are very slow.
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1

This refers to Non-RevA speeds.
    If you want to take it to the next step, see the discussion link below, you will need your MSL unlock code for this. You should only try this if your Non-RevA speed is very slow.
    http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html
    how exactly does one go about doing this?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast