Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
  1. OFN
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?
    You rock my friend, that got it!

KP
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen
    I've downloaded Resco but cant seem to find " HKEY_CURRENT_USER".. how do i get to where i need to edit this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I have not experimented with or changed the following settings, but I think this information is accurate:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\Volume
    Controls the earpiece volume. Its values go from 0-4293967295, in hexadecimal the upper limit is an 8 integer value: FFFFFFFF.
    Default is 2576980377(99999999) Hex(Dec)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone\Vol
    Controls volume during a call. Its values go from 0-65535, in hexadecimal the upper limit is an 4 integer value: FFFF.
    Default is 52428(CCCC) Hex(Dec)
    so what is the recommended setting to make the earpiece volume a little louder?

If I missed it or misunderstood, sorry, but it looks like the default is posted here, and I do not understand what numbers to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    so what is the recommended setting to make the earpiece volume a little louder?

If I missed it or misunderstood, sorry, but it looks like the default is posted here, and I do not understand what numbers to change.
    I too need to fix this.. But am very new to editing the registry.. If someone could walk me through this in a way that a 3rd grader would understand, that would be great..
    Download CeRegEditor.

Plug your phone in (make sure that AS is working and active). Connect to your phone through CeRegEditor. Make registry changes. Reboot your phone through CeRegEditor.

(And if you have more questions, the CeRegEditor manual is pretty decent.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Download CeRegEditor.

Plug your phone in (make sure that AS is working and active). Connect to your phone through CeRegEditor. Make registry changes. Reboot your phone through CeRegEditor.

(And if you have more questions, the CeRegEditor manual is pretty decent.)
    Thanks for your help. Here is what i did:
    1) Downloaded CeRegEditor
    2) Plugged in Phone
    3) Confirmed ActiveSync was connected
    4) Made the Registry Change
    5) Clicked "Tools" in CeRegEditor and selected "Reset Device"

I made a test call, and volume hadnt changed.. I re-connected to CeRegEditor and went back in to the registry, and 5 was still there.... Now what?
    If you are trying to change the volume settings directly (a few posts up) that's no different than using the volume button on the side to change the volume.

If you need calls to be louder, look for the attenuation setting that can be changed.
    If you are trying to change the volume settings directly (a few posts up) that's no different than using the volume button on the side to change the volume.

If you need calls to be louder, look for the attenuation setting that can be changed.
    I dont need to change the volume of the ear piece while on a call.. I need to make my ring volume louder.. My Email and SMS ringers are loud as hell - but i can barely hear the ringer for a phone call!
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I dont need to change the volume of the ear piece while on a call.. I need to make my ring volume louder.. My Email and SMS ringers are loud as hell - but i can barely hear the ringer for a phone call!
    Yup, that's the attenuation settings.
    Yup, that's the attenuation settings.
    Should i make it higher than 5? Didn't seem to do anything?!
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Should i make it higher than 5? Didn't seem to do anything?!
    Attenuation settings shouldn't go to 5. I think you're looking at the wrong registry tweak.

You can start with this post.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=252
    Attenuation settings shouldn't go to 5. I think you're looking at the wrong registry tweak.

You can start with this post.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=252
    I am very sorry to keep going back and forth on this... I made it this far:
    "One way to get higher Ring Volume is this:
    Step 1: In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation"

I was not able to: "add a key name of "4" and set value to 1."
    I couldn't add anything to the list of 3 Attenuation classes..
    Ebag, attenuation settings can go to 5. Many people have reported that 5 is too loud and ends up distorting the ringer, so 4 seems to be the popular choice.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    This has likely been posted, but I couldn't find it via a search. I have had my phone battery completely discharge overnight due to a connected data session. I found this fix (2 registry edits) for those interested:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\
    change 600 to 60 (or any number of idle seconds before disconnect)

Multiline value / String SuspendResume
    change #777 to GPRS_bye_if_device_off
    Is there already a program that does this or might it be beneficial to have a "tweak" type program for our phones that can be customized by the user?

Since most registry entries are set and forget it the program could be run off the storage card easily.

I have an idea I am working on but wondering if there is already a customizable "tweak" program available.

Rodney
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    One more request. When I go to my Camera, there is a button called Thumbnails. When you click it, it takes you to the My Pictures folder on the camera. However, my picture folder is a DCIM folder on my card.

How can I set this to default to that particular folder always?
    Any way to do this?
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Any way to do this?
    Not sure but you can try searching for registry entries that contain "My Pictures" and see if anything interesting comes up. We're talking about Windows Mobile and being that it is Windows-like, the default folder that the Pictures and Camera apps look at for pictures on both the device and on Storage Card is My Pictures.
    I am having a problem with the 800w not waking up after it goes to sleep. The device is still functioning but the screen wont come on. I have to soft reset to get it to come on. I know it is still functional because the volume keys make their noise and the ringer/vibrate switch makes the phone vibe when i flick that switch. Any ideas?

Installed, I have spb mobile shell, pandora, resco explorer and the stock apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Is there a way to remove all traces of mortscript? I installed and deleted Treo Alerts but after a soft reset I get a message about being unable to open morscript. (I am new to wm and do not understand what mortscript is.)
    it is probably in the startup folder. Use file explorer and go to the windows>startup folder. delete the mortscript icon and you wont see it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why do you guys insist on posting your experiences with sprint?
    I tried humor,
    lilboi asked you guys to start your own thread.
    Hijacking is rude.
    This thread is for talking about regedits & tweaks, not getting rebates, matching Best Buy, or if "Wonder Years" is out on DVD yet.
    Why do you guys insist on posting your experiences with sprint?
    Please move to a Thread On Topic.

Thanks,
    Berd