Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by action-packed View Post
    thanks. it really helped my ringer volume. it rings much louder when i get a phone call. but when i get a text message it still sounds low. any registry edit for that?
    Not that I know of. Sorry man. I've been struggling with that a bit too. A solution that works for me is I have an app that repeats the alarms and vibrates every minute until I notice it. Now, I always have my phone in my pocket so if I don't hear it I at least feel it rather quickly. If you have your phone on a belt clip it may be a while until you notice its buzzing. Like I said, works for me in my situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbswat View Post
    Can anyone help me with a tweak to increase the number of alarms on the clocks and alarms page. The default is 3 alarms. I would like about 6-10. (This thing runs my life.) Thanks

G-Alarm is what I use, and it's free.

The "maze" function that it has needs to be disabled, it doesn't work right on our square screen. Other than that, I love it.
    i have tried it all but cant get the outlook email account to go away, treo pro wm 6.1, i hold the stylus on it and delete comes up but is grayed out, i delete the entire activesync fold in the registry hklm-software-microsoft-inbox-svc, that does the trick but disables sound and vibrate notifications for sms and my aol email account, if i just delete the outlook name the email account of activesync shows up, crazy, any suggestions please let me know. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfosterls7 View Post
    i have tried it all but cant get the outlook email account to go away, treo pro wm 6.1, i hold the stylus on it and delete comes up but is grayed out, i delete the entire activesync fold in the registry hklm-software-microsoft-inbox-svc, that does the trick but disables sound and vibrate notifications for sms and my aol email account, if i just delete the outlook name the email account of activesync shows up, crazy, any suggestions please let me know. thanks
    Sync your phone to your computer with a cable and delete the account on your computer while the phone is still attached. I've done it twice this way and its worked both times. Deleting stuff from the registry is gonna get you into trouble quickly.
    Tried these hoping they would work for headset volume which I can barely hear. Didn't work for me, did this using PHM Registry Edit using Smart Phone version? Seems like someone said that's the right version for 800w.

If anybody has solution for increasing volume on 800 for included POS headset I would be greatly appreciative?

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I have not experimented with or changed the following settings, but I think this information is accurate:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\Volume
    Controls the earpiece volume. Its values go from 0-4293967295, in hexadecimal the upper limit is an 8 integer value: FFFFFFFF.
    Default is 2576980377(99999999) Hex(Dec)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone\Vol
    Controls volume during a call. Its values go from 0-65535, in hexadecimal the upper limit is an 4 integer value: FFFF.
    Default is 52428(CCCC) Hex(Dec)
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Sync your phone to your computer with a cable and delete the account on your computer while the phone is still attached. I've done it twice this way and its worked both times. Deleting stuff from the registry is gonna get you into trouble quickly.

synced up, unchecked email on wmdc and treo, still there, is there a specific place where it will show the account and let me delete it? went thru device apps, program files etc. couldnt find the outlook email account. thank you for you help
    Thanks for the phoneAlarm info. Will try.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfosterls7 View Post
    synced up, unchecked email on wmdc and treo, still there, is there a specific place where it will show the account and let me delete it? went thru device apps, program files etc. couldnt find the outlook email account. thank you for you help
    not sure if it makes a difference but what type of email account is it? POP, IMAP, or push? I'll try setting up an account the same you have yours set up and see exactly what i need to do.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I have my Pictures & Video set up to store pictures in the storage card. It defaults to a folder called "DCIM." This name is not descriptive. I would like to change it to "My Pictures" or something like that. However, when I try to change the name, it tells me it cannot because it is being used by another program. So I thought I would create a new folder called "My Pictures" and edit the storage card path in the registry. Using Resco Registry, it allows me to edit the storage card path; however, when I start Pictures & Video again, it sets the storagae card path back to "/Storage Card/DCIM."

Is there a way to make this change stick so my pictures folder has a more descriptive name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have my Pictures & Video set up to store pictures in the storage card. It defaults to a folder called "DCIM." This name is not descriptive. I would like to change it to "My Pictures" or something like that. However, when I try to change the name, it tells me it cannot because it is being used by another program. So I thought I would create a new folder called "My Pictures" and edit the storage card path in the registry. Using Resco Registry, it allows me to edit the storage card path; however, when I start Pictures & Video again, it sets the storagae card path back to "/Storage Card/DCIM."

Is there a way to make this change stick so my pictures folder has a more descriptive name?
    DCIM is an industry standard for the picture folder. Virtually every digital camera I've used calls this folder DCIM.

*IF* you can change it, it'd be somewhere in the registry. You could search for DCIM and see what shows up.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    DCIM is an industry standard for the picture folder. Virtually every digital camera I've used calls this folder DCIM.

*IF* you can change it, it'd be somewhere in the registry. You could search for DCIM and see what shows up.
    Thanks for the reply. I did try to change it in the registry, but the change doesn't stick. I guess I'll live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    not sure if it makes a difference but what type of email account is it? POP, IMAP, or push? I'll try setting up an account the same you have yours set up and see exactly what i need to do.
    the email account i use is aol, its imap4, works great for me, so i dont need pop or outlook, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen
    I just tried it on mine and i dont think I can see a difference oh well. I am very disappointed form the 800w maybe because I expected so much more of it. Treo are supposed to be well designed and great all round. Like a Thinkpad is to Notebooks or a Mercedes and Lexus are too cars, Bose to speakers. THe 800w is still well built I guess, plastic stylus is a disappointment. Washed out screen, poor battery, horrible camera and a very quite speakers are just major oversights.
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    I just tried it on mine and i dont think I can see a difference oh well. I am very disappointed form the 800w maybe because I expected so much more of it. Treo are supposed to be well designed and great all round. Like a Thinkpad is to Notebooks or a Mercedes and Lexus are too cars, Bose to speakers. THe 800w is still well built I guess, plastic stylus is a disappointment. Washed out screen, poor battery, horrible camera and a very quite speakers are just major oversights.
    The stylus isnt that big a deal. I've used it maybe a half dozen times in the 3 weeks I've owned it. The screen looks great to me and I have it at 50% brightness. And whats wrong with the camera? Takes decent pics. Of course I'm coming from using a 6700 for 2+ years and a month with a centro. What phone are you coming from that makes the 800w so inferior?
    I agree...well just about the camera, really. It seems to be on par with the other 2.0MP cell phone cameras.

The stylus is a piece of crap, although you don't really need to use it much. The screen is decent, but it could be better. I was spoiled by the brightness of the 700wx screen, though. Oh well...I've gotten used to it now, and any other phone would probably seem too bright.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Okay, so I did the SMS Message alert repeat regedit and I thought it was working fine...but now it's still repeating even after I've checked the message. Suggestions?

Still no regedit for the pop-up when you turn GPS location on & off? How about stopping the incessant reminders when your battery is low?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    How about stopping the incessant reminders when your battery is low?
    Search this thread for it. I know Mal did a write up for wmexperts about this exact topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    Okay, so I did the SMS Message alert repeat regedit and I thought it was working fine...but now it's still repeating even after I've checked the message. Suggestions?

Still no regedit for the pop-up when you turn GPS location on & off? How about stopping the incessant reminders when your battery is low?
    I get the same things issue...is there a fix for this?
  19. OFN
    okay, so I somehow managed to messup the Inbox: New Email Message key under HKEY Current User>ControlPanel>Notifications. I know, I should have backed up, and I have been, but I've done a couple of other edits, and would prefer to just rename this one if possible Would someone mind pulling that line for me so I can rename PLEASE :-D

Thanks in advance!

KP
    Quote Originally Posted by OFN View Post
    okay, so I somehow managed to messup the Inbox: New Email Message key under HKEY Current User>ControlPanel>Notifications. I know, I should have backed up, and I have been, but I've done a couple of other edits, and would prefer to just rename this one if possible Would someone mind pulling that line for me so I can rename PLEASE :-D

Thanks in advance!

KP
    Is this what you're looking for?