Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

No need to reset, in sounds & notifications, check the repeat box.
    Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    i still dont see it
    Anyone know of a hack to send multiple contacts the same text. I had that capability on my 755p...used it on a daily basis...but now I forward. Please let me know if you can help.
    Has anyone found a hack to allow sending text messages to multiple contacts. I had this feature on my 755p...sure do miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay210 View Post
    Has anyone found a hack to allow sending text messages to multiple contacts. I had this feature on my 755p...sure do miss it.
    I have no problem sending to multiple contacts as is...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    When turning off the GPS (location preferences) or turning it on there is a long warning message that must be dismissed. Is there any way to turn off this warning?
    So, has anyone figured this one out yet? I can't find it anywhere.
    Dtmftonesgainclass set to 0 or 1 is louder on my 800w than 2. 2 seems to have the lowest volume, though I would really like to silence it all together. My 800w has no problems texting to multiple contacts, infact it just keeps adding as many as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Also, the MemMaid 2.x "Extreme Speed" auto reg tweaks work very well...

Here are a few that I love from my 700wx and seem to work on the 800w:

I can't stress enough: These tweaks are awesome. Especially 2 and 3 will make web browsing even faster and number one makes volume changing much more natural.

(1) Stop the annoying beeps when you change volume during a call (from fantastic_mr_q). I love this one.

(2) Increase "Maximum number of concurrent connections" in PIE

I set both to 25.

(3)
    Change DNS Servers for Web browsing (greatly speeds up browsing)
    i do not see max connection i see favorites and default behaviors
    Here's something I find annoying. When you hit the red button, it will pull up a menu like this:

Dial Pad...
    Call Log...
    _________
    John Smith
    Voicemail
    Joe Blow
    Whatever

The problem is that the selection that's highlighted is "John Smith" and sometimes I find that when I press the red button, sometimes I accidentally "double tap" it and immediately proceed to call John Smith. I then have to hurry and hang up or explain to John that the call was accidental.

Is there any type of tweak available that would allow you to change what selection is highlighted? For example, I would prefer to have "Dial Pad" highlighted.

Thanks for any assistance!
    Here's another issue I have that I hope there is an answer for.

Even with keyguard enabled, if my phone rings all I have to do is hit the left softkey that's labeled "answer" at that moment. The problem is sometimes I'm at the gym or whatever, the phone is in my pocket and rings and because of all the bouncing around, I accidentally hit the answer button and the call answers.

The person on the other end hears nothing but a bunch of muffled noises until I can get the phone out of my pocket or I may not hear it ringing to begin with and the phone is answered without me knowing.

With the Centro, there was an app called "Butler" that allowed a 2 button answering method. I would press the option key and then the answer key to answer the phone. This would prevent accidental answering when the phone is in your pocket.

Does anyone have any solution to this? I would prefer a 2 button option as opposed to disabling any keys.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Don't change the "MaxCharsPerMsg".

Instead change the MaxPartsPerMsg to 10 (from 1) and it will allow you 10 messages (1600 total characters). You can increase/decrease as you see fit from there.

If you change MaxCharsPerMsg it will work, but it will show the number of essages incorrectly.

For example if you set MaxCharsPerMsg to 1600 and type 1599 characters, it will show 1599 characters, 1 message. Your poor receipient will receive 10 SMS's.

(Ask me how I know.... )
    This didn't work for me. I did exactly what it says, but the phone still stops typing at 160 characters. Other people have reported success, so I don't know....any other tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by huntley101888 View Post
    This didn't work for me. I did exactly what it says, but the phone still stops typing at 160 characters. Other people have reported success, so I don't know....any other tips?
    Soft reset after making the change via a program.

Do not pull the battery or it will lose your changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Soft reset after making the change via a program.

Do not pull the battery or it will lose your changes.
    That worked. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I have no problem sending to multiple contacts as is...
    I'm sorry. I meant as a speed dial or hot button. I used to be able to save a listing of contacts on my 755p and whenever I needed to send the same text to 10 people I could hold down the hot button and my phone would automatically go to send a message with those 10 people listed already. Is that a palm feature only?
    For those who have successfully installed DialNoSound on their Treo800w's, how did you do it? I saved the zip file onto my PC, dragged the DialNoSound.mscr file and synced it onto my Treo. On the Treo when I clicked onto the file, I got an error message that there was no associated application. What did I do wrong? How can I inatall this?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You need to install Mortscript on your device.
    Thanks. Tried it, but dial pad still makes tones when I tap the keys. Also tried to edit registry the same as DialNoSound but can't seem to silence those key tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by signedarm View Post
    where can i find HKCU.... while i am at it HKLM also
    I didn't see anyone answer your question, so sorry if this has already been answered.

HKCU is the short notation for HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    HKLM is the short notation for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    thank you so much
    Has anyone found out how to increase the volume level when on a call. I work in a factory and I have the volume set all the way up, but I still have problems hearing the other person. If there is a tweak than I have missed it. This is a very long thread and difficult to understand what works and doesn't. It would be nice to get a list of the tweaks and what they do.

Thanks