Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 612
  1. #461  
    I could not find the answer to this here. Has anyone figured out how I can get rid of the notification for emails? I got it to stop popping up but "Messaging" on bottom-left still changes to "Notification" each time I receive an email (either from exchange or gmail imap). I don't want to be notified when emails arrive (it is really annoying due to the # of emails). Anyone got this Notification to not appear? Thanks!
  2. #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Has anyone figured out how I can get rid of the notification for emails?
    I am a happy camper! Found the hack here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=8
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

    These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

    1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

    PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

    I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen
    I have changed mine to 3 instead of 5, however the volume is still really loud with the setting to 3....I cant get my reg to stay on the default 2 setting, even when multiple soft reset it stays at 3. Has anyone changed the value of "initvol"? That one is set as 5 for mine. I have announce incoming calls set on my phone and I notice that the volume on the ringer gets really extremely loud when its saying the person that is calling and the tone is playing at the same time. Gets really distorted. I also notice that there is a voice command setting in the registry under the SDPUnlock. The initvol is also set to 5 as default. Anyone tried these other settings?

    Thanks,

    Bill
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    I have changed mine to 3 instead of 5, however the volume is still really loud with the setting to 3....I cant get my reg to stay on the default 2 setting, even when multiple soft reset it stays at 3. Has anyone changed the value of "initvol"? That one is set as 5 for mine. I have announce incoming calls set on my phone and I notice that the volume on the ringer gets really extremely loud when its saying the person that is calling and the tone is playing at the same time. Gets really distorted. I also notice that there is a voice command setting in the registry under the SDPUnlock. The initvol is also set to 5 as default. Anyone tried these other settings?

    Thanks,

    Bill
    Try this and see if it works for you.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=445
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I noticed this too yesterday. For some reason, not all ringtones show up for all notifications. Email, for example, doesn't see any custom ringtones.

    Anyone know why? Is there a registry change we need to make?
    Sorry, don't know a mod but a cool work-around. Copy or move your MP3 Ringer that you want to use for email sound to the "Windows" folder. Works with wav and mid files too. I felt like a choad when I found out such a simple thing worked!
  6. #466  
    I think someone posted but I can't find this feature.

    How can I choose what my default browser is for like links etc?
  7. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    To change the red phone key back to the same functionality as the 700WX (i.e. pressing red phone turns screen off instead of going to home) Change the following Key

    HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\

    EndKeyAsHomeKey from 1 to 0
    Thanks!
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    I am a happy camper! Found the hack here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=8
    could you tell me what your default value was for "palm notify?" It was the one right underneath "options." I accidentally changed the wrong one and am trying to set it back. I think the default of "palm notify" was just 0.

    Thanks
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    I am a happy camper! Found the hack here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=8
    Thanks for this... I'm new to WM, and it was on my list of things to track down.
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    1) Am I the only one this dosent work for? I turn off the GPS, then goto googlemaps and it has my GPS location...

    2) hit the center "palm" button

    4) I would think so but everything better be installed exactly the way it was when the backup was made....

    *edit* I guess hanips program is supposed to work like that
    Thanks on #2! I always wondered that! (thats how to stop the ringer without sending the call to voicemail).
  11. #471  
    First I'd like to thank everyone for all their great tips. I have successfully done the hacks that increased the ringtone volume, increased my SMS capacity, silenced the beep when connected and disconnected to the charger. My one last thing is to silence the beeps that the dial pad makes when you hit the keys. Please help me! Thanks.
  12. #472  
    Can't you just go to settings, personal, hit sounds & notifications then uncheck hardware buttons?
  13. #473  
    Tried that, no luck. Just did a hack to lower the tone, signifigantly lower but I would like to silence it all together.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Tried that, no luck. Just did a hack to lower the tone, signifigantly lower but I would like to silence it all together.
    Is it a DTMF tone you are hearing?
    or
    Is it a screen "tap" sound?
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Is it a DTMF tone you are hearing?
    or
    Is it a screen "tap" sound?
    Most definately a tone. Unchecking the screen taps option in Sounds & Notifications took care of the taps.
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Most definately a tone. Unchecking the screen taps option in Sounds & Notifications took care of the taps.
    you can get rid of that because I don't have it anymore, I just have to remember which tweak does it. Have you tried the one for "Dtmftonesgainclass" in this thread?
  17. #477  
    Yes, that was the hack that dramatically lowered the volume. I went from 3 to 2. Tried a bunch of numbers and even letters, 2 seemed to get the lowest volume.
  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Yes, that was the hack that dramatically lowered the volume. I went from 3 to 2. Tried a bunch of numbers and even letters, 2 seemed to get the lowest volume.
    I took mine from 3 to 0, maybe that's the difference.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Download this program for Pocket PC. Since you're new, use the activesync installer when you download: ww.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/[/url]


    there is a drop down list which file i should download?
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    for this modification do you change the decimal number to 10 or do you just write the whole key out
    where can i find HKCU.... while i am at it HKLM also

Posting Permissions