Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Originally Posted by hannip
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 08/18/2008 at 01:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    It turns out that it was the third party ringtone manager "Ringo" i was using that was stopping the center button or the keyboard buttons from silencing the ringer. Thanks to you and the previous posters for the help.

Jimh2000, what about coby's cab does it actually increase battery performance. I decided to use Hannip's GpS_Tool instead of setting to 911 only. Not sure if the GpS_Tool will help increase batter life but just a try for now.

I see no difference w/ coby's battery tweak. Infact, i run out of battery by 7pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    I see no difference w/ coby's battery tweak. Infact, i run out of battery by 7pm.
    Thanks for the confirmation, i was hoping that it would work as a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

No need to reset, in sounds & notifications, check the repeat box.
    Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    In addition to the above, if you switched from Palm SMS to WM6.1 SMS, via Hannips Palm-WM SMS switch, and you want to enable repeated notifications, then make the following change...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

EDIT:
    In Sounds & Notifications, you need to enable only one of them. Otherwise, if you have both on, you will keep hearing your sound notification, even after deleting your text.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/18/2008 at 07:23 AM.
  5.    #445  
    In another thread, Dave06stx got me thinking about this again, if you are looking to make the phone ring as loud as the ring preview in the sounds & notifications section, another fix...

From here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169919

Your post did get me thinking about this again and here is another temp fix until the right solution is found.
    The ring preview in sounds & notifications is loud and clear and the volume on the same ringtone is low and muted when the phone rings, some of the temp fixes discussed here don't stick after a soft reset.
    If you want the ringer to sound like the preview, here is a simple fix that will survive a soft reset:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1
    Script=av0pw3c150r
    SavedScript=apw3c150r
    Sound=\Windows\Ringer Loud.mid
    Category=Ring

Change Category to "RingPreview"
    (no quote marks)
    No need for a soft reset, works immediately.
    You can turn down the ring volume to your satisfaction.
    We need a permanant fix to the sound issues.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Originally Posted by hannip
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
    ive also found you lose the call status screen if you remove this (white screen that comes up with call duration and who youre calling) which is needed. anyone else experience that?
    Thanks for the confirmation, i was hoping that it would work as a last resort.
    I didn't see any large difference with cody's tweak, or even by switching 911 vs. Location On. The thing that made a huge difference for me was changing email settings:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=169703
    Last edited by Bujin; 08/18/2008 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I didn't see any large difference with cody's tweak, or even by switching 911 vs. Location On. The thing that made a huge difference for me was changing email settings:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=169703

Oh forgot to thank you in that thread Bujin, i tried that method before with my email settings and it definitely improved my battery life as i am pulling from three different email accounts. Thanks for that tip was just hoping there was something extra i could do to tweak the battery performance. Ended up going on ebay and ordered a clear hard case which came with a car charger for $14.50, centro battery for $9.95 and a carry wall charger for $6.00. That should hold me until the extended battery comes out.
    Oh forgot to thank you in that thread Bujin, i tried that method before with my email settings and it definitely improved my battery life as i am pulling from three different email accounts.
    No problem - I'm just trying to get the word out as loudly as I can... for many, it may put the whole battery issue to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    ive also found you lose the call status screen if you remove this (white screen that comes up with call duration and who youre calling) which is needed. anyone else experience that?
    Yep, get that as well. I can get some information to appear at the top in a white box. You also lose the voicemail screen, which isn't a killer if you know how to work voicemail by the numbers (does voice command work with voicemail?). Also lose the green button bringing up a recent call list...again I can get to all that from the Menu softkey. I have also noticed some slow reactions to getting the call log up, especially if you hit the green button before doing anything (out of habit). I think I confused my phone, but with the work arounds and the space it opens up on the screen, I'll deal with the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No problem - I'm just trying to get the word out as loudly as I can... for many, it may put the whole battery issue to rest.
    This was default for me. I bought a new battery from palm and it runs much longer than the old one. Maybe they did something. I can now go all day, and then charge on the way home. Almost acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I had to give up on this because of issues receiving calls and text messages....now if I need good service at my house, I just force roaming. Works well.
    yes,i had the same issue after doing the evdo mod,no phone call received at all,30 min to receive text,hard reset same problem,sprint had to swap me a new one,dont know for sure if it has to do with that evdo edit.Also does everybody take like 3-5 minutes to receive message from tmobile?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Hey you Registry wizards, in your searching did you find anything that has to do with the camera and the EXIF Information that it encodes into an image?

yup me too. i wish i would have scrolled down a little bit before i did the hack. hopefully on of the WM guru's will come up with some kinda fix for this so i don't have to go thru a hard reset and resco restore.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    I haven't tried this hack, but I do have the same call status symptom. I actually think it has something to do w/Treo Alert since I first noticed the problem after I installed v13. I haven't played around w/the settings as of yet, but it might have something to do w/the fact that I have TA modifying my carrier display.
    For some reason, my alarm does not work now, it goes off, but with no sound even thought the sound is enabled. It worked fine with the reg value set to 5, then I set it for 4 and not it does not work. I even did a soft reset after changing it to 5 again, but the alarm still goes off with no sound. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
    i'm not sure how to modify my registry on my treo 800w, is there a guide somewhere to show me how to make these fixes to my phone without ruining it? I did down load the regsitry program and followed the diretions on putting it on my storage card, and i have sprite backup on my phone, but am not sure if it's adequite and how to make these changes.
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    i'm not sure how to modify my registry on my treo 800w, is there a guide somewhere to show me how to make these fixes to my phone without ruining it? I did down load the regsitry program and followed the diretions on putting it on my storage card, and i have sprite backup on my phone, but am not sure if it's adequite and how to make these changes.
    Dawn, read this page as it gives great info on the registry.

http://wmexperts.com/articles/howto/..._registry.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    For some reason, my alarm does not work now, it goes off, but with no sound even thought the sound is enabled. It worked fine with the reg value set to 5, then I set it for 4 and not it does not work. I even did a soft reset after changing it to 5 again, but the alarm still goes off with no sound. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
    try clearing your phone's "notifications" with either pmclean, taskmgr, or a similar prog
    any new info?