Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    does anyone know what reg keys/mods will change where the sounds & notifcation applet looks for ringtones and system sounds? i have used various types of registry mod software to do this but this only has me halfway there. the sms notification can see my new ringtone location on my sd card, but the e-mail notification cannot.
    I noticed this too yesterday. For some reason, not all ringtones show up for all notifications. Email, for example, doesn't see any custom ringtones.

Anyone know why? Is there a registry change we need to make?
    Update. I was really patient Waited a full 5-10 minutes after making the change (single file registry import), then doing a soft reset. The vibrate enough time for me to answer or ignore the call or if I do not touch it make me hear it - now works consistently. Still the only repeating reminders are working for a text message.
    I noticed this too yesterday. For some reason, not all ringtones show up for all notifications. Email, for example, doesn't see any custom ringtones.

Anyone know why? Is there a registry change we need to make?
    it gets worse... i tried a resco restore to see what would happen, now the item to config threaded SMS notifications is completely gone. i haven't recived any new texts yet to know what it'll do now.
    I 2nd a few pages back about the bluetooth volume. But I guess here is my question: Have other versions of the treo been tweaked to increase the bluetooth volume? Or do we not even know if its possible....

I bought a jabra 8040 and if the volume could be a tad louder I will keep it in hopes of a tweak coming out.
    If I could atleast get my BT to answer calls at full volume id be happy. Im tired of having to raise the volume every call.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    If I could atleast get my BT to answer calls at full volume id be happy. Im tired of having to raise the volume every call.
    Yes... That is one bug that really BUGS me... Please inform Palm of the issue so that they get on fixing it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
    Well something screwy is going on with my phone. I can change the SavedScript value, and it sticks no problem. The Script value won't stick.

I just put my phone on vibrate. Went into the registry. Looked at the ring script values. The SavedScript is the same as it is when the phone is on ring, but the Script value is different, av2w1vw1v5w3r.

So, I had my phone set to ring, went into the registry and changed both script values.

I exited the registry editor. Switched my phone to vibrate. Went in to see the values. Exited the editor, turned the phone back to ring, back into the registry and again the Script value was back to its original but the SavedScript value was still the modified value. I didn't even do a phone reset. This is just going into and out of the registry, switching phone from ring to vibrate and back to ring.

I'm at a loss.
    Well, here's an update on my ringer:

Turns out, the SavedScript value can be changed and settings will stick after a reset. BUT, the Script value, will only save the changes WITH the phone set to ring only.

I keep my phone in my pocket, so I like it to vibrate and ring. So, in the Settings, Sounds and Notifications, Notifications section, I check the box for "Vibrate when ringer swith on" AND the box for "Vibrate when ringer switch off", for all callers.

If I uncheck the box for "Vibrate when ringer switch is on", I can go into the Registry and my script value changes from: av0pw3r to: apw3r. Then I can change to: apw0r or whatever, and the changes will stick.

Tried changing the value to: av0pw0r but once I reset the phone, it reverts the setting back to: apw0r because the check box for "Vibrate when ringer switch on" is not checked in the settings page. Once I check this box, the value changes back to: av0pw3r

LONG story short, I guess I will just have to live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but if you want the date to display on the top bar with the clock:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\
    Create a binary value named "TBOpt" with value of "13 00 00 00"

this has worked for me, except that
    it fails to show the year,

"8/16/0"
    can i submit issues to palm on this stuff like the low volume incapable alarm no volume on bluetooth in ability to have reminders repeaat etc...?

anyone use watchflag ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
    can i submit issues to palm on this stuff like the low volume incapable alarm no volume on bluetooth in ability to have reminders repeaat etc...?

anyone use watchflag ok?
    Did Palm give many updates for their recent phones?
    For the junky 700P it took them a year to do an update.It fixed bluetooth but I dont think it improved anything else much.
    They sure are not like Apple who will at least try to fix their Iphone glitches promptly.
    I wish Palm would just write a registry guide for tweaking all functions.
    When turning off the GPS (location preferences) or turning it on there is a long warning message that must be dismissed. Is there any way to turn off this warning?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    When turning off the GPS (location preferences) or turning it on there is a long warning message that must be dismissed. Is there any way to turn off this warning?
    YES PLEASE that message is so annoying..
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    1) Was it confirmed that turning this option off saves battery life or is it better to use Hanip's GPS_Tool?

2) Is there a reg edit that can silence the phone when it rings by hitting a key without sending the person directly to voicemail?

3) Does Coby's power management cab actually work on the treo 800w?

4) After doing the reg edits if u do a hard reset can you restore them back by doing a restore from a back up?

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    1) Was it confirmed that turning this option off saves battery life or is it better to use Hanip's GPS_Tool?

2) Is there a reg edit that can silence the phone when it rings by hitting a key without sending the person directly to voicemail?

3) Does Coby's power management cab actually work on the treo 800w?

4) After doing the reg edits if u do a hard reset can you restore them back by doing a restore from a back up?

Thanks guys.
    1) Am I the only one this dosent work for? I turn off the GPS, then goto googlemaps and it has my GPS location...

2) hit the center "palm" button

4) I would think so but everything better be installed exactly the way it was when the backup was made....

*edit* I guess hanips program is supposed to work like that
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    1) Am I the only one this dosent work for? I turn off the GPS, then goto googlemaps and it has my GPS location...

2) hit the center "palm" button

4) I would think so but everything better be installed exactly the way it was when the backup was made....

*edit* I guess hanips program is supposed to work like that

Thanks for your help but hitting this button doesn't silence the ringer when recieving a call. There has to be some way to do this.

Do you know if coby's cab actually works for saving power?
  16.    #436  
    Press any key on the keyboard to silence the ringer without sending the caller to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Thanks for your help but hitting this button doesn't silence the ringer when recieving a call. There has to be some way to do this.

Do you know if coby's cab actually works for saving power?
    Strange, I just tried and it works for me. Silences the ringer but still vibrates.... and doesnt send to VM
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Press any key on the keyboard to silence the ringer without sending the caller to voicemail.
    It turns out that it was the third party ringtone manager "Ringo" i was using that was stopping the center button or the keyboard buttons from silencing the ringer. Thanks to you and the previous posters for the help.

Jimh2000, what about coby's cab does it actually increase battery performance. I decided to use Hannip's GpS_Tool instead of setting to 911 only. Not sure if the GpS_Tool will help increase batter life but just a try for now.
    Last edited by champagne609; 08/17/2008 at 12:21 PM.
    I found that turning location to 911 only vs default does not result in a battery life improvement. When I am done using GPS, I make sure that the application has closed. I do the same with all apps.

My 800w (which does a lot of Internet stuff) lasts on average between 12 and 16 hours, depending on my call volume and network usage.
  20.    #440  
    I haven't tried the tweaks from Cody, but here are two older articles from the MSDN blog that have some good info.

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...04/689069.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...16/702833.aspx