Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    If you are making the changes on a desktop then importing the new file, I would be very careful. I would make sure yiou have an original clean copy. Try making this change directly on the device and see if it works. One of our experts may need to do a cab file that will make this change. Follow the directions that I posted above and let me know if it works.
    [IMG]c:\textalert.jpg[/IMG]

Oh yeah. I installed the Mortscript to use native WM6.1 text messaging so that is probably the culprit.

Anyway, how did you find this? I need this to work for reminders really bad.

As far as the reg file, it works flawlessly. Here is my current reload Reg. I want to add the favorites to go to storage card so those are not wiped during reloads either. I would like to keep building it and adding / remarking out tweaks so there is one mast tweak file for everyone, just pick what you want and import it. Simple.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings]
    "PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\MAPI"
    "AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\MAPI\\Attachments"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000010
    "MaxRequestThreads"=dword:00000010

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms]
    "DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
    "Options"=dword:20000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring]
    "AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
    "History"="\\Storage Card\\Internet Files\\History"
    "Cookies"="\\Storage Card\\Internet Files\\Cookies"
    "Cache"="\\Storage Card\\Internet Files\\Cache"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync]
    "BodyTruncation"=dword:00005000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL]
    "CarrierName"="mynameandphone"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    "Options"=dword:40000019

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
    "BatteryTimeout2"=dword:0000000f

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
    @="Low Battery"
  2.    #402  
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

No need to reset, in sounds & notifications, check the repeat box.
    Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    Enter only the 10 digit number with the Dec box checked, no equal signs, spaces or quotes.
    This edit also works on new email messages as well on new text messages.
    For repeat email notifications, edit this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408

So far, I cannot get this to work on New voicemail or missed phone calls.
    subscribed
  4.    #404  
    Rooster Crow .wav file that works on the Treo alarm clock. Unzip and copy to the windows folder, should show up in alarm settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Enter only the 10 digit number with the Dec box checked, no equal signs, spaces or quotes.
    This edit also works on new email messages as well on new text messages.
    For repeat email notifications, edit this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408

So far, I cannot get this to work on New voicemail or missed phone calls.
    ok i spent some tine on this. i have it setup to repeat reminders missed calls voice mail and text messagesm. all in the reg file. i have different number of minutes. like two hors for some and four for others etc... i will post prob friday after i test it all. i need a single quick beep that is loud like an old pager would do. once i have this the phone will at least be acceptable.
    i'm sure you can find something acceptable here. lots of good ringers that aren't teen pop songs or college fight songs.
    update. i cannot get the changes to stay. i made the changes in the registry directly, went to sounds and notifications and verified everything is there. this morning they are ggone except for the messaging one. seems like something is doing a periodic default overwrite. ill try making the changes again and doing a soft reset. i am also going to serach for attenuation on reminders to see if we can up it like the ringer one.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time.
    Works great.I keep my phone inside a fanny pack and I need a LOUD ringer.
    I now have my ringer set to 5 and it rings with a 1 second pause.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Works great.I keep my phone inside a fanny pack and I need a LOUD ringer.
    I now have my ringer set to 5 and it rings with a 1 second pause.
    Could someone post the exact changes for eliminating the delay? The threads are too confused for a registry novice.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Could someone post the exact changes for eliminating the delay? The threads are too confused for a registry novice.
    I would like to see this as well. I asked before but got no response. For some reason, my changes to this Script value don't stick upon reset.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
    I am trying to eliminate the 3 second delay between rings. I have changed the 3 to a 1 in both the SavedScript and the Script entries. I have done soft resets with both software and battery removal, but each time, only the SavedScript value changes. The Script value stays at the original, so no change in ringer function.

My original SavedScript value is: apw3r
    My original Script value is: av0pw3r

Any idea on why it won't change the Script value? I really hate the delay on the ringer. All other regedits I've done work fine, but this one won't stick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
    I would like to see this as well. I asked before but got no response. For some reason, my changes to this Script value don't stick upon reset.
    Im a noob also .
    I just followed pearldrums287 directions.

"HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1\
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone2\
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone3\

Change the data of "savedscript" and "script"
    for example, mine with ringer on, vibrate turned off, looks like "af1pw3r"
    If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time."
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Im a noob also .
    I just followed pearldrums287 directions.

"HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1\
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone2\
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone3\

Change the data of "savedscript" and "script"
    for example, mine with ringer on, vibrate turned off, looks like "af1pw3r"
    If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time."
    Well something screwy is going on with my phone. I can change the SavedScript value, and it sticks no problem. The Script value won't stick.

I just put my phone on vibrate. Went into the registry. Looked at the ring script values. The SavedScript is the same as it is when the phone is on ring, but the Script value is different, av2w1vw1v5w3r.

So, I had my phone set to ring, went into the registry and changed both script values.

I exited the registry editor. Switched my phone to vibrate. Went in to see the values. Exited the editor, turned the phone back to ring, back into the registry and again the Script value was back to its original but the SavedScript value was still the modified value. I didn't even do a phone reset. This is just going into and out of the registry, switching phone from ring to vibrate and back to ring.

I'm at a loss.
    yea i had posted that switching the vibrate switch throws things off. ive been really busy but ill try to play with it some more. in the meantime ive just been using hannip's treoalert. it pretty much does everything we are trying to do.
    Where in the registry are the settings for the alarms. I have mine set to for a tone but it only vibrates, something has changed the registry and it vibrates in place of the ring tone. Also I would like to add more tones than the few that are available, any ideas? Nothing new to the phone just the tones that are there for rings and alerts, I would like to make some of those available for alarms.
    Don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but if you want the date to display on the top bar with the clock:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\
    Create a binary value named "TBOpt" with value of "13 00 00 00"
    After a reset, the addition of the line for the date, which shows above the time does work. For those of us who know the year is there a value that shows only the month and year?
    What soft reset utility is best to use to ensure the settings save? Could that be the descrepancy?

I setup the phone to vibrate 5 times then ring 3 times so I can either answer the call during a meeting or ignore it before it makes any noise, and if I am home I will hear it if my phone is not in my belt clip. It works great until one call is made. Then it reverts back. I never make any changes to the stupid button that turns off the speaker. Always leave it on.

Reminders for missed calls, new voice message always switch back whenver it feels like it. Do I need to change values in the default section? What is overwriting these? How come some registry changes stay and others do not?

Another one that does not stay is the tweak to disable the new email notification.

Confused. Is anyone else having issues with theirs not saving? How did you fix it?

Daryl
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    After a reset, the addition of the line for the date, which shows above the time does work. For those of us who know the year is there a value that shows only the month and year?
    Hmmm, not sure why it isn't working on yours--works fine on mine. Only prob is that part of the year is cut off by the "X" button area (it says 8/14/0 with the 8 cut off). There are ways to tweak the output based on the value, but I can't remember how to do it. I will have to search around to recall.

Edit: LOL, my mistake, I see you wrote "does work" as opposed to "doesn't work." Mama always said I had ADHD.
    Yepper. Not a problem. Again, I have no problem remembering the year. Thanks.
    does anyone know what reg keys/mods will change where the sounds & notifcation applet looks for ringtones and system sounds? i have used various types of registry mod software to do this but this only has me halfway there. the sms notification can see my new ringtone location on my sd card, but the e-mail notification cannot.