Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by kulnet View Post
    Nice one jimh2000! What are some of the other registry settings needed to make other notifications able to be repeated?
    I'm still messing with it, they don't all work the same for whatever reason and we have had issues with these tweaks in the past, but this one seems to work. Which ones are you interested in?
  2.    #382  
    For those that may not know this, I find it handy for sending text msgs to my kids from my desktop. You can send text msgs from your email by using the area code / phone number:

5551234567@messaging.sprintpcs.com

They can also reply back.
    jimh2000!

I cant find the area to change options? I have no sound for SMS or text right now and its driving me crazy..I have checked in Sounds and notifications and there is no reference to SMS at all.??

I was hoping your regisrty edit might help but I need more guidance please..

UPDATE! Resolved!!!! Thank you hannip for your help. It turns out the "messaging:New message" option was somehow erased. Lord hannip wrote a script for me to restore my registry!! What a guy! Thank you!

Update Two: ALL Fixed.. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Av8torA320; 08/16/2008 at 12:29 AM.
  4.    #384  
    You should see "messaging:new message" on the sounds & notifications screen, if you don't see that, then you are missing a registry entry for some reason.
    Do you just add "= 1073741849" minus the quotes, after options in the reg and save?

Then a soft reset?

Thanks,

Bill
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Do you just add "= 1073741849" minus the quotes, after options in the reg and save?

Then a soft reset?

Thanks,

Bill
    no equal sign or quotes, jurt replace the number that is there with the new one.
    No reset needed, then check the box. That's it.
    Ok will try it. Thanks for the find.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Ok will try it. Thanks for the find.

Bill
    please let me know if you have any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

No need to reset, in sounds & notifications, check the repeat box.
    Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    My editor will only let me enter '10737418', so missing the '49' at the end.

What gives?
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    My editor will only let me enter '10737418', so missing the '49' at the end.

What gives?
    No equal sign or spaces, remove the old number, just the new numbers, they will fit.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 08/12/2008 at 11:26 PM.
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:

Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    Jimh2000,

Sounds like a great find...Just need a little clarification..Am I editing the Binary Value for Options? right now its 0000 09 00 00 00. Also the Value Data in DWORD Value is "9"

I am using Task Manager for registry edits/

thanks
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Jimh2000,

Sounds like a great find...Just need a little clarification..Am I editing the Binary Value for Options? right now its 0000 09 00 00 00. Also the Value Data in DWORD Value is "9"

I am using Task Manager for registry edits/

thanks
    Dword value in Dec, just replace the 9, then save
    My regedit will only let me enter 8 nunber in the value where the 9 is.
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    My regedit will only let me enter 8 nunber in the value where the 9 is.
    You can input values in two ways, Hex or Dec.
    To enter in Dec, make sure in the box to the right has Dec highlighted with a black mark in the circle.
    You can enter value in either if you want, but pick only one.
    For Hex, enter 40000019
    For Dec, enter 1073741849
    They both equal the same value.

To look at a Dec to Hex converter,
    http://calculators.mathwarehouse.com...naryCalculator
    So change from 3 to 1073741849 for Decimal?

Bill
    This does not work for me. It only enables the option in "Messaging New Message" (I.E. Email) not "Messaging: New Text Message" (I.E. Text Messaging).

Where / how do you figure this stuff out. Look for one that has it enabled. Change something in New Messaging: Text Message, scan the registry for a change, find out it is in the {283E0018...., then add / make the change there and see if it works?

I am guessing this change needs to be in a different spot than the {283E0018... to get it for new text messages. We should find this for missed calls, and voice mail. Would be a clean way to do this.

I have created a big .reg file so I just import the settings when I do a reload and I am done. I need to have the dillegence to change everything in the registry though. Does anyone know how to put a remark in the registry?

change options to:

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm still messing with it, they don't all work the same for whatever reason and we have had issues with these tweaks in the past, but this one seems to work. Which ones are you interested in?
    I am looking for the one for a new Email message in particular. Thanks in advance!
  18.    #398  
    To create remark in the registry put quote marks on both sides of the word or sentence and the system won't read it.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by kulnet View Post
    I am looking for the one for a new Email message in particular. Thanks in advance!
    This edit works perfectly on my 800W and I wouldn't think there would be different registries on these devices.
    In notifications and settings the tag for text is "messaging: new message" and the tag for email is "inbox: new email message".
    That same label is in the corresponding registry section.
    I would be curious if there are different labels on different devices.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 08/13/2008 at 12:05 PM.
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
    This does not work for me. It only enables the option in "Messaging New Message" (I.E. Email) not "Messaging: New Text Message" (I.E. Text Messaging).

Where / how do you figure this stuff out. Look for one that has it enabled. Change something in New Messaging: Text Message, scan the registry for a change, find out it is in the {283E0018...., then add / make the change there and see if it works?

I am guessing this change needs to be in a different spot than the {283E0018... to get it for new text messages. We should find this for missed calls, and voice mail. Would be a clean way to do this.

I have created a big .reg file so I just import the settings when I do a reload and I am done. I need to have the dillegence to change everything in the registry though. Does anyone know how to put a remark in the registry?
    If you are making the changes on a desktop then importing the new file, I would be very careful. I would make sure yiou have an original clean copy. Try making this change directly on the device and see if it works. One of our experts may need to do a cab file that will make this change. Follow the directions that I posted above and let me know if it works.