Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    W.T.F.

When I have some time, I'll turn the battery icon back on in the registry and see if "Low Battery" goes away....can't think of anything else that could be,
    I DO HAVE the low battery option. Only 3rd party apps installed were weatherbug and soft reset....don't know if that helps.

Cosmo
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    this is GREAT. any way to make it work with other notifications...... email alert, sms, etc???????

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen
    Okay, loading the 750v keymap and then remapping shift to 0xE5 did the trick. Alt key is still bjorked, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Okay, loading the 750v keymap and then remapping shift to 0xE5 did the trick. Alt key is still bjorked, tho.
    Did you install Hook Manager? If not, do so.
    I have tried the tweak to increase the ringer volume, works great, hope it doesn't messed up my speakers even thou I changed it to 4 and not 5. Is there a way to increase the brighness beside the settings one?
    Is there a way to maximize the dialpad? I am using realvga96 with the SPB Mobile Shell/Diamond Theme and my dialpad is small, see attachment below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi. Hope this isn't too many questions for one post. Is there a way to:
    (1) increase the volume of your MICROPHONE while in a call
    (2) Increase the volume of sounds the phone makes while you're in call (like for when you get a text message; by default, you can barely hear it)
    (3) as others have asked, is there a way to increase text message tone volume like some have posted for ringtone volume?
    (3) Change when the backlight goes dim due to inactivity. (I'm aware of brightness settings, backlight settings, and power settings, I have those set to 3 minutes but the backlight always goes from bright to not so bright after 30 seconds or so of inactivity.

Would really appreciate some answers.

As a sidenote, since I come from a moto Q and used the everythingq website, I noted that in the tweaks forum topic for each phone, the mods seem to place all tweaks that come in in the first message. It is a bit of work the first time through but once done, it makes such a forum all the nicer while at the same time, cutting down on both searches and repeat questions. Would be nice to see it done here.
    Okay. In case anyone else wants it, here's the answer to one of my questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatl View Post
    (3) Change when the backlight goes dim due to inactivity.
    ANSWER: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/BackLight
    and edit BatteryTimeout2. It seems to represent number of seconds and is set by default to 30. If there's a setting somewhere outside the registry, I must have overlooked it.

Still need answers to otheer questions from the above post. Hope someone out there has them.
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatl View Post
    Okay. In case anyone else wants it, here's the answer to one of my questions:

ANSWER: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/BackLight
    and edit BatteryTimeout2. It seems to represent number of seconds and is set by default to 30. If there's a setting somewhere outside the registry, I must have overlooked it.

Still need answers to otheer questions from the above post. Hope someone out there has them.
    Tried it. Set it to 60. It seems like the screen never dims now (or lat least not for several minutes).
    Laissez Faire
    Works great, but is there a way for get the default notifications to be louder too, for text messages, calendar, task....?

Thanks

Bill
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Longstrider
    The Green (phone) key will take you there in almost every app, except Outlook. If you have an email highlighted that is in your address book, hitting the green key will bring up the contacts number to dial.

Is there a hack (or setting) to change this Outlook behavior? This was asked a lot earlier, but I never saw an answer??
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen

It works, however my ring tones are extremely distorted, but I need my volume all the up to hear my reminders and event alarms. Is there a way to increase the notification alarms (text, email, calendar, task...) but not to the amount of making them distorted?

Thanks,

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    It works, however my ring tones are extremely distorted, but I need my volume all the up to hear my reminders and event alarms. Is there a way to increase the notification alarms (text, email, calendar, task...) but not to the amount of making them distorted?

Thanks,

Bill
    I had the same problem and had to revert untill I learn how to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time.
    I am trying to eliminate the 3 second delay between rings. I have changed the 3 to a 1 in both the SavedScript and the Script entries. I have done soft resets with both software and battery removal, but each time, only the SavedScript value changes. The Script value stays at the original, so no change in ringer function.

My original SavedScript value is: apw3r
    My original Script value is: av0pw3r

Any idea on why it won't change the Script value? I really hate the delay on the ringer. All other regedits I've done work fine, but this one won't stick.

Thanks
    0x000
    Last edited by we350z; 08/23/2008 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post

Thanks,

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I had the same problem and had to revert untill I learn how to fix it.
    I set it to 3 instead of 5. Was much louder without being distorted.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've seen several posts asking for help with speaker volume, but no replies. The Registry tweak for ringer volume is great, with the value set at 3. Has anyone figured a way to increase speaker volume, with or without distortion in the way the VolumeCare works on POS?
  18.    #378  
    Link to Email / Delete Key discussion, for future reference:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169024
  19.    #379  
    I don't like missing text messages, so to make the repeat option show up in the sounds & notification screen,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    change options to:
    options = 1073741849 (Dec)

No need to reset, in sounds & notifications, check the repeat box.
    Works with sound only, still vibrates only once but the sound will repeat until you dismiss.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Nice one jimh2000! What are some of the other registry settings needed to make other notifications able to be repeated?