Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    In an application like Email, holding down the h key will bring up a list of "one-key" shortcuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    In an application like Email, holding down the h key will bring up a list of "one-key" shortcuts.
    Awesome!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well I'll be a ...

And here I was holding down the dpad button and selecting delete from the list the whole time. Thanks for the tip!
    Great find!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Works on the 700wx too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Works on the 700wx too!!
    only with WM6 though

those shortcut keys are one of the greatest improvements, imo, to Outlook

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is there a simple way to search for a particular message in sms?

I just found that in outlook starting to type automatically searches for sender name or subject.

Rex
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that was in the instruction manual; but i don't feel like opening it (it's still in the wrapper, and i have no intentions of ever opening it). GREAT FIND!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    I have a feeling that was in the instruction manual; but i don't feel like opening it (it's still in the wrapper, and i have no intentions of ever opening it). GREAT FIND!
    I actually think it may have been pointed out earlier in this forum, as I've been using it for a while. I'm disappointed a similar set of shortcuts isn't available in PIE (for address bar, favorites, etc)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Hold "h" key does not seem to bring up any shortcuts in POutlook for me. It starts to find emails with "h..." instead. Maybe its due to MagiKb Lite or AE Buttons. Can someone post a screenshot of the shortcuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    W.T.F.

When I have some time, I'll turn the battery icon back on in the registry and see if "Low Battery" goes away....can't think of anything else that could be,
    Have you ever installed PhoneAlarm from Pocketmax Software? It puts low battery notification on the drop down. Puts IM alert also on my T750.
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Is there a simple way to search for a particular message in sms?

I just found that in outlook starting to type automatically searches for sender name or subject.

Rex
    If you switch to the native WM6.1 sms you can search the same way as you can with mail.

See this thread for info on how to switch.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168468
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Hold "h" key does not seem to bring up any shortcuts in POutlook for me. It starts to find emails with "h..." instead. Maybe its due to MagiKb Lite or AE Buttons. Can someone post a screenshot of the shortcuts?
    MagiKB is the culprit...

Think of it: if you hold down the key for "h" and you have the "hold down" option in MagiKB for typing...guess who wins?

Thanks. MagiKB was it. holding "h" worked after I deactivated MagiKB. I attempted to add POutlook in MagiKB's "disable in these applications" list, but that doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else using MagiKB able to make their "disable in these applications" work?
    Thanks. MagiKB was it. holding "h" worked after I deactivated MagiKB. I attempted to add POutlook in MagiKB's "disable in these applications" list, but that doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else using MagiKB able to make their "disable in these applications" work?
    Maybe disable for tmail.exe?
    AWESOME! Disabling tmail worked. Thanks alot.
    AWESOME! Disabling tmail worked. Thanks alot.
    lol, I was going to mention that but doesn't it bother you that you can't use MagicKB in Outlook? I mean, for myself the majority of my typing is for emails

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, I was going to mention that but doesn't it bother you that you can't use MagicKB in Outlook? I mean, for myself the majority of my typing is for emails
    Got to the same conclusion pretty quickly. Turned MagiKB back on for Outlook. I suppose I wont be using shortcuts in Outlook. Bummer.
    Heck, is anyone able to get MagiKB to actually work for anything other than dpad selection? On my 800w, double pressing and holding letters just gets me lots of that letter.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Heck, is anyone able to get MagiKB to actually work for anything other than dpad selection? On my 800w, double pressing and holding letters just gets me lots of that letter.
    Menu > Keymap files. Select Treo750v. Then it works. Don't know why they don't tell you somewhere easy to find.
    Laissez Faire