Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    deleted it using memmdaid.
    now it says that the remote party has ended this connection.
    any fix?
    thnx

from a freind at ppcgeeks:"Re: Got phone as modem to work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those having trouble, here's the trick. For Pocket ICS to work, you have to establish a connection to the internet *before* running Internet Sharing. Open PIE or similar to get the connection status icon to switch from a square "1x" or "EV" to the icon with the swoosh arrows, then to to Start->Programs and run Internet Sharing. It's worked every time I've tried it (which is admittedly not that many times).

Hope this helps!

-darren"

worked like a charm.
    I figured out how to make the led flash for incoming calls! right now i can only get it to flash green and only at one speed, but nonetheless it is progress.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1\
    Change the data of "savedscript" and "script" to include "f1" (without quotes) directly between the first character "a" and the rest of the characters (no spaces).

for example, mine with ringer on, vibrate turned off, looks like "af1pw3r"

There are 3 subkeys, PlmORingTone1, PlmORingTone2, and PlmORingTone3. I believe they are known caller ringer, unknown caller ringer, and roaming call ringer, respectively. I am not positive at this minute though as I am still messing with it.

it appears that the led does not work when the phone is set to vibrate mode via the switch, but by changing the "savedscript" key as stated above, it appears to return to a working state once you switch back to sound.

Let me know if this works for you all and if it is useful!!

hannip, maybe that will be helpful for treoalerts. also, where is the reg key that you are changing for the missed call alerts? thanks guys.
    Last edited by pearldrums287; 08/04/2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    I figured out how to make the led flash for incoming calls! right now i can only get it to flash green and only at one speed, but nonetheless it is progress.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1\
    Change the data of "savedscript" and "script" to include "f1" (without quotes) directly between the first character "a" and the rest of the characters (no spaces).

for example, mine with ringer on, vibrate turned off, looks like "af1pw3r"

There are 3 subkeys, PlmORingTone1, PlmORingTone2, and PlmORingTone3. I believe they are known caller ringer, unknown caller ringer, and roaming call ringer, respectively. I am not positive at this minute though as I am still messing with it.
    I'd sure like to know how you managed to change that script and it stays after a soft reset. I've tried anything from a complete overhaul to a minor tweak of that script on my phone, and as soon as I soft reset the thing reverts back to what it was before.

Can you help me? My default one is av0pw3r, which means the vibrate is so short I never notice it, and the dumb thing waits 3 seconds after ring before it repeats. I miss so many calls because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Be careful about setting this to autorun, I selected it to run at 5 a.m. each day, checked all the boxes including soft reset after finished button. Device immediately reset after hitting OK and went into a reboot loop...had to pull the battery a couple of times until I could finally get to the program and cancel (think it was a memory issue)
    Yep, this just happened to me. Now a lovely hour resetting the fool thing. The backup on the device works great, though.
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    I'd sure like to know how you managed to change that script and it stays after a soft reset. I've tried anything from a complete overhaul to a minor tweak of that script on my phone, and as soon as I soft reset the thing reverts back to what it was before.

Can you help me? My default one is av0pw3r, which means the vibrate is so short I never notice it, and the dumb thing waits 3 seconds after ring before it repeats. I miss so many calls because of this.
    How are you soft resetting? By pulling the battery out? I am resetting by software which saves the settings before it resets, but if you do it by battery then you need to wait a minute or so. You may be doing that already, if so, then disregard.

If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time.
    check this out.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIL

change "CarrierName" from "Sprint" to whatever you want!

This changes the "Sprint" on the today page. I haven't found any ill effects yet, but you guys should try it out. Post any issues you find. Enjoy.

-----edit---- ok..apparently it changes back when you make a call or soft reset... gay.
    How are you soft resetting? By pulling the battery out? I am resetting by software which saves the settings before it resets, but if you do it by battery then you need to wait a minute or so. You may be doing that already, if so, then disregard.

If you want the ringer to ring faster, I believe if you change the number "3" after the "w" to a smaller number, such as 2 or 1, then that will do the trick. Right now your script says "a" active phone, "v0" vibrate for 0 seconds, "p" play ring tone (all these have occurred simultaneously), then "w3" wait 3 seconds, "r" repeat. hope this helps. ill play with it more today when i get time.
    Yeah, I've tried two different proggies for soft reset and even waited hours after the modification before resetting. Still won't stick. Dunno what I'm doing wrong here but I'd love to find out so I can modify this thing.
    check this out.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIL

change "CarrierName" from "Sprint" to whatever you want!

This changes the "Sprint" on the today page. I haven't found any ill effects yet, but you guys should try it out. Post any issues you find. Enjoy.

-----edit---- ok..apparently it changes back when you make a call or soft reset... gay.
    There are many apps in the MortScript dev forum that take advantage of this. The problem is that the 800w doesn't allow as much space for text as earlier treo's so it ends up truncating text. I'll be working on shortening texts in TreoAlerts so it fits properly in upcoming versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Yeah, I've tried two different proggies for soft reset and even waited hours after the modification before resetting. Still won't stick. Dunno what I'm doing wrong here but I'd love to find out so I can modify this thing.
    use hannip's treo alert. his newest version that came out today includes led for calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Check your height for UL: you must have it set at "fixed" and a certain amount of pixels...

Change that to not-fixed or reduce the fixed size to something less than it is...

UL is forcing itself to a size larger than you screen and it's doing that because you have it set that way under settings
    What is UL? Where is it?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me how to remove the Activesync Tray icon that shows on the bottom right corner of the Treo 800w when Activesync is connected?
    I wasn't able to find a setting to turn off the camera shutter sound. (i must be blind or an option doesn't exist) lol... but i was able to turn it off from the registry HKLM\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM

Change ShutterSoundVolume to 0 from it's default setting
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    What is UL? Where is it?
    Ultimate Launcher, what the OP of that post was referring too...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Man, this thread is so off-topic. Why is everyone posting simple questions here?
    Yup.... a mod will probably need to clean it a bit...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    This is a homepage you can use in IE that makes browsing faster.
    -edit the page in MS Word by adding links
    -save document as webpage
    -copy to treo, open with file manager, make it default homepage
    -page loads when IE is started
    click on links to visit webpages, then backspace back to homepage
    Saves on button presses to get to favorites.
    Or... you could just go to about:blank and then set that (current) as your home page, just like big IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Man, this thread is so off-topic. Why is everyone posting simple questions here?

like you just did?

Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I wasn't able to find a setting to turn off the camera shutter sound. (i must be blind or an option doesn't exist) lol... but i was able to turn it off from the registry HKLM\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM

Change ShutterSoundVolume to 0 from it's default setting
    i had tried that registry edit yesterday and i could still hear the shutter, it was just quieter though.
    i had tried that registry edit yesterday and i could still hear the shutter, it was just quieter though.
    I've always hated the shutter and doing the ringer switch is just something extra to remember:

HKLM\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\SoundFile

Under "String" it should say

\Windows\ShutterSound312.wav

Simply edit out/delete this line and leave the string empty

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    like you just did?

You're right..but it's REAL REAL REAL LOW, you have to put the phone to your ear to be able to hear it.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by f4jock View Post
    Or... you could just go to about:blank and then set that (current) as your home page, just like big IE.
    The idea is to have you most visited sites on a page, then just arrow down to the links if you visit the same sites daily. I have about 20 sites on the front page and don't go to favorites much anymore. click a link, visit the site, then hit backspace key, go to next link. It is a lot faster.
    Short version example in post #7.