Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    To add the Low Battery option to the drop down list in "Sounds & Notifications, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ ControlPanel \ Notifications \ {A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
    Open the String value named "Default" and change the value from blank to "Low Battery" (no quotes)

It will show up on the list but I am not sure if it does anything, I have not tested it.
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

1) Install PHM RegEdit (Credit for this goes to lawilson2)
    a. Go to the following link http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
    i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    ii. Install program on your computer
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    vi. Now you have a registry edit program installed
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    a. Open the PHM RegEdit program by going to Start > Programs >PHM RegEdit
    b. Click + by HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the view
    c. Click + by ControlPanel to expand the view
    d. Click + by SoundCategories to expand the view
    e. Go down to Ring
    f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate
    g. Change the Value Data to 5
    h. Click Ok and yes to save
    i. Wait about 5 minutes and soft reset
    3) This easily doubled my ringer volume

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

I am very thankful for all of you that posted the info to make this happen
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I know I didn't do anything like that on purpose ...perhaps one of the other changes I made????I did remove the battery icon from the taskbar, but I seem to recall that it was always there????
    Must have missed this one. How would one go about removing the battery icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    To add the Low Battery option to the drop down list in "Sounds & Notifications, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ ControlPanel \ Notifications \ {A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
    Open the String value named "Default" and change the value from blank to "Low Battery" (no quotes)

It will show up on the list but I am not sure if it does anything, I have not tested it.
    I don't see a value called default in that folder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Must have missed this one. How would one go about removing the battery icon?
    The tweak is HKLM>Software>Palm>BootApp change LaunchBatteryIndicator to 0 and the battery icon is replaced by the speaker icon. This may impact your volume control, but my volume control was screwy long before this tweak so who knows. I don't use any sounds for the phone or notifications anyway.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I don't see a value called default in that folder
    It should be the first key in the folder along with these keys:
    Duration
    Options
    VibrateWithRingerOff
    VibrateWithRingerOn
    Wave

The Default key looks a little different because has a blank value, but it's still labeled default.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am going to post the following and hope i didn't leave anything out, because I listed the steps after the fact. The credit for this goes to many others!!! I came up with none of this on my own. I did list the people who posted the info that i used. Thanks to you all. (If i missed giving someone credit, I am sorry)

These are the steps to increase the ringer volume for someone who has no software installed to edit the registry yet.

i. click on the download button in middle of screen, at bottom check box to agree, then pick Desktop installer (via activsync) and download
    iii. In your computer, go to the program files, look for the PHM file, go into it and copy regedit.Mrln_ARM
    iv. Hook your 800w to the computer, browse the treo, put the regedit.Mrln_ARM into your treos program files
    v. On hook the treo, go into Start > File Explorer > Program files > click on regedit.Mrln_ARM. Let it install
    2) Changing the registry for the ringer volume (Credit goes to hannip, insol and the people over at xda-developers)
    e. Go down to Ring

PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, READ OVER THIS AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T MISS SOMETHING.

you wrote " f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate"
    did you mean AttenuationCategory?
    thnx

e. Go down to Ring

YES! Thank you.Its now as loud as my 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    you wrote " f. Below the word Name in the middle of the screen, click on: AttenuationCate"
    did you mean AttenuationCategory?
    thnx

I believe it is AttenuationCategory. I was just writing what was on my screen and i think it was a longer word then available space
    I found a reference to sktoolson this thread. Downloaded it this morning and have been using it; a great program. Lots of customization possibilities.
    Laissez Faire

e. Go down to Ring

Man that did make a difference for the incoming calls but my text message ringers and voicemail ringers are still low. Is there a setting to change them as well?

thanks

e. Go down to Ring

Is this tweak similar or same as the other one in this thread? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=168595&page=2
    I thought hannip said this volume setting goes up when you increase the call volume on the phone.
    Thanks first of all to everyone with all the hack help.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a registry hack for email notifications and the alarm to make it a ringtone instead of just the normal "alarm" chimes.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ufbaseball15 View Post
    Thanks first of all to everyone with all the hack help.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a registry hack for email notifications and the alarm to make it a ringtone instead of just the normal "alarm" chimes.
    I did this without a hack...simply select which ringtone you would like under the "phone settings" ---> "ringtones" setting. I have my email on the "unique" ringtone. The "treo" ringtone lasts a lot longer than any of the alarms. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_boy View Post
    Is this tweak similar or same as the other one in this thread? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=168595&page=2
    It comes from those posts and others. It just lists everything step by step, instead of searching through a bunch of posts
    Wow! Did the Sound/Ringer hack put at 5(loud), then 4(still loud)now I'm happy at 3(perfect). Thanks folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Power Management issue...
    First discussed by lawilson2 in another thread.

My 800w would not go into power management mode and battery life was terrible. I changed the power management registry settings(4 places) then changed them back, then ran the "PMclean" program. Now it will go into power management mode. For the last 24hrs, I have seen a major difference in battery life. The battery was draining in 4hrs before the change, now just less than 50% with same kind of use 24hrs later.

I am not sure exactly what changed. I did see a big improvement in phone response after I ran PMclean, when I pressed red phone off, then waited and pressed again to turn on phone, there was a 10 - 20 sec lag. After PMclean, it is instant on. This phone does not like soft resets, causes notification duplications from what I understand, and I was resetting often. Now it's like a different phone, much better.
    Maybe one of the experts can follow up on this.
    what/where are the power management registry settings you changed to improve battery life?
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    I'd like to switch to SPB mobile shell 2.1.1 so I installed it but to my dismay, it ran as a program instead as a replacement of my current today screen. Is it possible to make it so that whenever you would normally see the today screen, mobile shell comes up?
    SPB watcher to the rescue....