Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    1. In the last day or so I have been getting intermittent flickering of the display. I keeps flashing on and off, when it goes off it is white with colored vertical lines (almost like what you see on a shattered screen.) The behavior reminds me of what the 700wx used to do when connected to bluetooth (devises would keep connecting, fall off and reconnecting). However, at the time of this most recent occurrence, both wifi and bluetooth were turned off. As was GPS
    mine started doing this after i installed the new keylight app. i figured out a workaround though. after you change the state of the keyboard light...do a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post
    1. In the last day or so I have been getting intermittent flickering of the display. I keeps flashing on and off, when it goes off it is white with colored vertical lines (almost like what you see on a shattered screen.) The behavior reminds me of what the 700wx used to do when connected to bluetooth (devises would keep connecting, fall off and reconnecting). However, at the time of this most recent occurrence, both wifi and bluetooth were turned off. As was GPS. Bluetooth was connected an hour earlier and I did not soft reset in between, so there may be some bug there.
    I can report the same behavior. It does not happen often, and there does not seem to be any negative effect from it, but it can be annoying.
    I've been getting the same. I freaked the first time I saw it. It still causes me to get a little antsy when it happens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (2) Increase "Maximum number of concurrent connections" in PIE

I set both to 25.
    Quote:

One of the most common and effective tweaks for web browsers on the desktop is also possible for IE on WM5. Stored in the registry are two keys which tell Internet Explorer how many connections it should make to a server when downloading a web page. They define the "Maximum number of concurrent connections" and they're just itching for a tune-up.

By [Creating] the following [DWord] key:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 5

to a value higher than the default (5) will enable greater bandwidth saturation during page download and a noticable improvement in page load time. I took a guess and raised the MaxThreads to 10 and have had no problems (thus far).

[Update] Also, you will want to add the dword value:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxConnectionsPerServer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone show me a screen shot of this please? I have no idea what it should look like, and I dont know if I am doing this correctly.

I'm using TaskMgr and the Registry section of it to add the above but I dont feel it's right.

I dont think I have the number in there where it should be. At first I put the =5 in the string of the key, but then I thought it was supposed to go into the key value part after you create the key.

I'm confused, and this is why I liked my Palm OS. lol
    Great tweaks guys. I am new to Windows Mobile. Long time Treo with Palm OS. Saw the writing on the wall and everywhere else that it was time to make the switch. Very happy with the 800w.

Does anyone know of a tweak that would allow the Calendar button to turn on the treo and go to the Calendar screen ala Palm OS calendar button?

Same with the Mail/Messaging button. I really miss that feature from my 700p.
    Another thing I miss from the Palm OS is the behavior of the "option +" buttons.

On the Palm, you could tap the option button and then the mail button and launch the "Option + Mail" application. Great for one hand operation.

On the 800w, you have to hold the option button and hit the mail button at the same time to launch the "Option + Mail" application. Thus requiring two hands.

Anybody know if there is a tweak to mimic the palm os operation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonger View Post
    Great tweaks guys. I am new to Windows Mobile. Long time Treo with Palm OS. Saw the writing on the wall and everywhere else that it was time to make the switch. Very happy with the 800w.

Does anyone know of a tweak that would allow the Calendar button to turn on the treo and go to the Calendar screen ala Palm OS calendar button?

Same with the Mail/Messaging button. I really miss that feature from my 700p.

I disabled the keygaurd. When I click the calendar button it takes me right to the calender.

The question I have is: What are you trying to accomplish with that?
    - To just 'view' your calendar at a glance for the next appointment(s) you could enable a today plugin that will display your upcoming appointment(s)
    - If you want to 'view' and/or 'create' appointments quickly - I would seriously look at SBSH's PocketBreeze. It has a today plugin that will display a ton of your upcoming appointments as well as allow you to create/edit an appointment directly from the today screen.
    - - - With PocketBreeze installed, I cannot tell you the last time I actually used the Calendar button and I have been using WM since 2002...
    I did have keygaurd enabled. I just disabled it and it still doesn't turn it on and go to calendar in one tap (same result with mail button). it just turns the screen on to last app. similar to the red button.

My main use is not so much find out what appointments I have today, it's to look at the days, coming up. I basically have to find openings in my calendar quickly relative to the other appointments I have.

I will look into PocketBreeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    side button comfirmed to work for me
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonger View Post
    Not sure why this is not working for you. Pressing the Calendar button wakes the device and takes me to the calendar app same as my 700p. Actually, all application buttons function this way for me. This works with the Keyguard enabled or not. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Not sure why this is not working for you. Pressing the Calendar button wakes the device and takes me to the calendar app same as my 700p. Actually, all application buttons function this way for me. This works with the Keyguard enabled or not. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.
    Same here...even with keyguard enabled, pressing an app button wakes the device and launches the app. Obviously with the keyguard on I then have to press the center button to do anything else.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    anyone know how to remove the notifications?

my pmclean doesn't get rid of them and they are starting to pile up due to the problems with soft resets?

any help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    To disable the initiate call beep:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
    Find Script and delete the "P".
    I still get the beeping sound when dialing after doing this tweak. I even deleted the script. Any suggestions?
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_boy View Post
    I still get the beeping sound when dialing after doing this tweak. I even deleted the script. Any suggestions?
    you are probably talking about the DTMF tone, go back a couple of pages and look for the DTMF tweak.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    side button comfirmed to work for me
    side button hack worked for me but it seems to bork my Wireless button. I've had to do two hard resets because of it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    side button hack worked for me but it seems to bork my Wireless button. I've had to do two hard resets because of it.
    hmm, what do you mean by "bork"? Does the wi-fi button share the same keycode?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, what do you mean by "bork"? Does the wi-fi button share the same keycode?
    I do not know but when I install this program (common denominator both times) my ability to manipulate wi-fi ceases. The button stops functioning and I can't even control it through other means. I detailed the problem here.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    When I did the side key, my option+send stops working. I never tried the wi-fi button too...
    I've waited until now to do the reg. edits and I would like to thank everyone who contributed. I've found some nice edits
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (2) Increase "Maximum number of concurrent connections" in PIE

I set both to 25.
    Quote:

One of the most common and effective tweaks for web browsers on the desktop is also possible for IE on WM5. Stored in the registry are two keys which tell Internet Explorer how many connections it should make to a server when downloading a web page. They define the "Maximum number of concurrent connections" and they're just itching for a tune-up.

By [Creating] the following [DWord] key:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 5

to a value higher than the default (5) will enable greater bandwidth saturation during page download and a noticable improvement in page load time. I took a guess and raised the MaxThreads to 10 and have had no problems (thus far).

[Update] Also, you will want to add the dword value:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxConnectionsPerServer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone show me a screen shot of this please? I have no idea what it should look like, and I dont know if I am doing this correctly.

I'm using TaskMgr and the Registry section of it to add the above but I dont feel it's right.

I dont think I have the number in there where it should be. At first I put the =5 in the string of the key, but then I thought it was supposed to go into the key value part after you create the key.

I'm confused, and this is why I liked my Palm OS. lol
    Keep in mind there was no changing this stuff with POS.

My reccomendation is to downwload tweaks2k (trial runs 3 times) and run this tweak from there. Then you dont have to go into your registry- while performing the change is not hard, this particular hack is a little bit more difficult than a simplt value change.

You may even decide to keep tweaks2k- it is an excellent utility and there are a lot of other tweaks that will get your treo screaming...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2