Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Oldie but goodie: set the 5-way to do page up / page down in Pocket IE:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131978
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    The Green (phone) key will take you there in almost every app, except Outlook. If you have an email highlighted that is in your address book, hitting the green key will bring up the contacts number to dial.
    Is there a hack (or setting) to change this Outlook behavior? I've searched the registry, phone settings, and Google, but came up with nothing.
    Is there a way to stop the loud beep when you press a speed dial button ? On mine, for instance, when I press and hold 1 to call voice mail, it makes a loud tone.. Any one else have this ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4.    #204  
    The Keypress beep on speed dial is a DTMF tone, I believe it is some kind of bug, but it is really annoying. For a temporary solution and I don't know if there will be any negative side effects, you can try this registry edit:

HKLM\Software\Palm\Phone
    DTMFTonesGainClass=3
    change to 0

The tones still transmit and my different voicemails work, this change supresses the tone internally to the speaker. Again, I don't know if this is the right answer, but it works for me so far. I hope one of the experts will look at this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    The Keypress beep on speed dial is a DTMF tone, I believe it is some kind of bug, but it is really annoying. For a temporary solution and I don't know if there will be any negative side effects, you can try this registry edit:

HKLM\Software\Palm\Phone
    DTMFTonesGainClass=3
    change to 0

The tones still transmit and my different voicemails work, this change supresses the tone internally to the speaker. Again, I don't know if this is the right answer, but it works for me so far. I hope one of the experts will look at this issue.
    Ok, glad to know its a bug and not just mine, I'll try what you recommend, thanks for a quick response.

EDIT: Ok, it works. Sound is gone. The only other thing I noticed, and to me its a good thing is that the DTMF sounds are gone when you use the phone, so you don't hear those sounds through the ear piece. Menu's still work, such as Voice mail, bank stuff and so on and so on that require key presses. You just don't hear the sound which is nice to me... THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    Last edited by Bigchris; 07/27/2008 at 12:32 AM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Is there a way to remove all traces of mortscript? I installed and deleted Treo Alerts but after a soft reset I get a message about being unable to open morscript. (I am new to wm and do not understand what mortscript is.)
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
    That just keeps the phone from displaying the email on the today screen. What we want to do is eliminate the notification completely. Ones you uncheck "display message on screen" the left softkey still turns into "notification". This is annoying for people who has push email and always have to clear it out. Is there any regedit we can do for it to not change the softkey?
    I used this on my 6700 and have done some minor testing and seems to work the the 800w:

Thursday, December 20, 2007
    Disable New Email Notification

WM6 has an annoying feature that it will show a notification everytime you receive an email or have a meeting reminder. You can't turnthis off using the conventional settings menu so follow these steps toturn it off:

With a registry editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\
    {A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
    set value "Options" to 20000000 (hexadecimal) or 536870912 (decimal)
    No need to restart either...just wait for the next email and you'll be singing my praises.
    I wrote a mortscript that turns this on and off when I switched profiles using PhoneWeaver (but phoneweaver is not currently working on the 800w though I understand SBSH is working on it). When driving or sleeping I would have the notice 'on' so that I could quickly see if I had emails, otherwise it was off.
    2 Display issues I was wondering if anyone else has noticed.

1. In the last day or so I have been getting intermittent flickering of the display. I keeps flashing on and off, when it goes off it is white with colored vertical lines (almost like what you see on a shattered screen.) The behavior reminds me of what the 700wx used to do when connected to bluetooth (devises would keep connecting, fall off and reconnecting). However, at the time of this most recent occurrence, both wifi and bluetooth were turned off. As was GPS. Bluetooth was connected an hour earlier and I did not soft reset in between, so there may be some bug there.

2. Since day 1 I see what appears to be a lost pixel from time to time, most notably when opening outlook. It is at the bottom of the screen between the keyboard and delete buttons. It has yet to show up on the today screen. It is not a blown pixel. I have also noticed from time to time in specific programs that the text above the left hard key can look blurred, like everything is shifted one pixel incorrectly in either direction.

Outlook: Finally, I was wondering if anyone has found a tweak or bother to try to change the hard buttons in outlook. Having Delete on the left hard button is driving me nuts seeing as how that was the location of the new button in wm5 (and the current location for the new button in the 800w's text messaging window). I would like to have new on the left hard button and delete in new's place as the first item under the menu. Possible?

Thanks again for all the hard work that has gone into this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post
    2 Display issues I was wondering if anyone else has noticed.

2. Since day 1 I see what appears to be a lost pixel from time to time, most notably when opening outlook. It is at the bottom of the screen between the keyboard and delete buttons. It has yet to show up on the today screen. It is not a blown pixel. I have also noticed from time to time in specific programs that the text above the left hard key can look blurred, like everything is shifted one pixel incorrectly in either direction.
    #2 (missing pixel) is known, and definitely a software error, but I have no idea what it is caused by. It's not a really big problem, so I am not worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by eml626 View Post

1. In the last day or so I have been getting intermittent flickering of the display. I keeps flashing on and off, when it goes off it is white with colored vertical lines (almost like what you see on a shattered screen.) The behavior reminds me of what the 700wx used to do when connected to bluetooth (devises would keep connecting, fall off and reconnecting). However, at the time of this most recent occurrence, both wifi and bluetooth were turned off. As was GPS. Bluetooth was connected an hour earlier and I did not soft reset in between, so there may be some bug there.
    Several owners have reported this. There is one or two threads in the forum discussing the random screen awakenings and vertical line syndrome. Most have seen it disappear by doing a soft reset. I have not seen any one post that it remains an ongoing issue.
    When I'm on the phone and I get a text I can barely hear it. Is there anyway to make that louder?
    this sucks... sprint basically told me to screw on the rebate issue. maybe i should try another e-mail and be a little nicer. i think they're not biting since i'm a "new subsciber" even though i've had an account for nearly 10 years w/ a family plan.
    Why do you guys insist on posting your experiences with sprint?
    I tried humor,
    lilboi asked you guys to start your own thread.
    Hijacking is rude.
    This thread is for talking about regedits & tweaks, not getting rebates, matching Best Buy, or if "Wonder Years" is out on DVD yet.
    Why do you guys insist on posting your experiences with sprint?
    Please move to a Thread On Topic.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    anyone notice wen u open a threaded sms the page flcikers up n down like its on crack? what gives
    Not sure what that has to do with tweaks. I do not see any page flicker when opening threaded sms.
    If you are talking about the scroll bar jumping when opening a large chat that's just the window adjusting as it loads all of the messages.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    anyone notice wen u open a threaded sms the page flcikers up n down like its on crack? what gives
    The page doesn't flicker... it's the scroll bar. Probably b/c you have a lot of texts with that person. You an go and delete the texts and the flicker will stop until you get a lot again.

And let's keep this thread just for tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    #2 (missing pixel) is known, and definitely a software error, but I have no idea what it is caused by. It's not a really big problem, so I am not worried.
    I have this too, and one day I was like... Ahhh crap, flicked the screen to see if it would go away, but then it was gone in another screen. Now I know I am not the only one with that.

Dang Palm, dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    You may need to add this to registry to increase conections

Increase # of concurrent connections in PIE to speed up surfing
    this is equivalent to "pipelining" on your desktop. The Pro...more speed..the Con...each additional connection uses a little more memory. The following keys work on both wm5 and wm6..they may or may NOT exist on your system in which case you will want to create them as new DWORD keys.

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 10
    HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxConnectionsPerServer = 10

Values up to 50 were tried..some folks used 20, 30, 50 etc so it's something you can experiment with but the default is usually 4 or 5 so this in effect is doubling it.
    Can you help me out with this a little more?

I found that string with a registry program that was in the first post, now do I add a new key and type it in under that?

If I select that, it says...

Add New Key

Key Parent:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main

Key:

[then its blank in the space to make a new key]

I'm assuming I add the above two keys and then hit done?

I guess I dont know what you mean by DWORD
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Can you help me out with this a little more?

I found that string with a registry program that was in the first post, now do I add a new key and type it in under that?

If I select that, it says...

Add New Key

Key Parent:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main

Key:

[then its blank in the space to make a new key]

I'm assuming I add the above two keys and then hit done?

I guess I dont know what you mean by DWORD
    yeah thats how you do it... i set both my values to 5 and i was getting download speeds of 800-900

I changed both the values to 20 and now i am consitantly getting 1200-1250