Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    This is the response I got from Sprint

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be glad to assist you with the phones you have purchased.

I can see that you have purchased two Palm Treo 800w handsets as of July 13, 2008. Each of these phones have incurred a charge of $349.99 plus applicable taxes. These phones are eligible for the $100.00 mail in rebate.

However, I understand that BestBuy is currently offering this handset with an additional instant rebate of $150.00 ($50.00 + $100.00). So, you wish to return both these handsets as you wish to avoid paying additional $50.00 and do not wish to receive the mail in rebate check of $100.00 at a later date.

Now, considering your loyalty with Sprint, I have applied an additional credit of $300.00 ($150.00 + $150.00) to your account. Therefore, you do not require to return the handsets. After the credit, the account has a credit balance of $300.00 which will be adjusted against the total due of your next invoice. The total due will include the charges of the phones.

Thank you for emailing us. It was a pleasure assisting you. Have a great day!
    "

Makes it an even sweeter deal since I am on Sero
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandersann View Post
    This is the response I got from Sprint

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be glad to assist you with the phones you have purchased.

I can see that you have purchased two Palm Treo 800w handsets as of July 13, 2008. Each of these phones have incurred a charge of $349.99 plus applicable taxes. These phones are eligible for the $100.00 mail in rebate.

However, I understand that BestBuy is currently offering this handset with an additional instant rebate of $150.00 ($50.00 + $100.00). So, you wish to return both these handsets as you wish to avoid paying additional $50.00 and do not wish to receive the mail in rebate check of $100.00 at a later date.

Now, considering your loyalty with Sprint, I have applied an additional credit of $300.00 ($150.00 + $150.00) to your account. Therefore, you do not require to return the handsets. After the credit, the account has a credit balance of $300.00 which will be adjusted against the total due of your next invoice. The total due will include the charges of the phones.

Thank you for emailing us. It was a pleasure assisting you. Have a great day!
    "

Makes it an even sweeter deal since I am on Sero

This is my favorite "Regedit/Fix"
    Just call me Berd.
    Looks like my "reg edit" lol with ecare didn't work:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern about the charges for the phone. I am here to resolve it to your satisfaction.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the price difference of the phone.

I understand that the price of Palm Treo 800W phone at Best Buy is $199.99. The Best Buy is a private agency. Each company has different promotions for each phone. The original price for this phone is $599.99. After the rebate of $150.00 and the instant credit of $100.00, the price reduces to $349.99. Further, you are also eligible for the Mail-In-Rebate of $100.00, therefore, the final price of this phone is $249.99.

It is not possible for us to offer more credit for this phone. Had it been possible for me, I would have done it win your appreciation."
    Awesome. Thanks hannip!
    Quote Originally Posted by ticalnza View Post
    Looks like my "reg edit" lol with ecare didn't work:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern about the charges for the phone. I am here to resolve it to your satisfaction.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the price difference of the phone.

I understand that the price of Palm Treo 800W phone at Best Buy is $199.99. The Best Buy is a private agency. Each company has different promotions for each phone. The original price for this phone is $599.99. After the rebate of $150.00 and the instant credit of $100.00, the price reduces to $349.99. Further, you are also eligible for the Mail-In-Rebate of $100.00, therefore, the final price of this phone is $249.99.

It is not possible for us to offer more credit for this phone. Had it been possible for me, I would have done it win your appreciation."
    Have you tried the Regedit where you return the phone for a full refund, and then go buy one from Best Buy?
    Just call me Berd.
    I just might have to try that "regedit" this Sunday, actually.
    To be fair to Sprint, they are losing their *** on this phone at the $250 price point - let alone the $200.

But, it's their own fault for not having better pricing controls to keep from undercutting each other. Now they are going to get a bunch of phones back that they can't sell as new.
    sorry for the thread hijack, moved discussion over to the best buy thread.
    Last edited by mneumann; 07/25/2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Does anybody know if "Wonder Years" is out on DVD yet?
    Also, I looking to buy 10 yards of Bark Dust.

By-The-Way the weather is gorgeous today here in OC.
    Just call me Berd.
    I emailed Ecare and they got back to me and said they understand that Best Buy is selling it for $199 so either I can return it and get it at best buy OR they can give me a $100 credit. I chose the credit. So far got a $50 credit, a $100 credit and another $100 credit. not to bad. They never gave me my Credit for the $18 fee but since they were nice enough to give me $250 off I think i will call it even.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Does anybody know if "Wonder Years" is out on DVD yet?
    Also, I looking to buy 10 yards of Bark Dust.

By-The-Way the weather is gorgeous today here in OC.
    Is there something you're trying to say, here?? LMAO
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    how can i maximize my fonts beyond the setting > screen? it's still to small after i apply the real vga
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    As great as the "regedit" regarding ecare is; i think it would be more appropriate to keep the discussion on registry hacks to make the phone run better, not to keep your wallets full. Any one that is still interested in pursuing this discussion please create another thread.
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the threat with this info, just thought it was a decent place to post seeing as how everyone reading this has an 800w from Sprint.

I find it completely ridiculous that they are matching the price for some and not others. Had they not matched it for me, I would have had no problem doing a clone on my phone, returning, and buying from Best Buy. The $50 was annoyance enough but When BB started doing all instant rebate and Sprint decided they should sit on my $ for 10-14 weeks I had to draw the line. Additionally Sprint is not a reliable company with honoring rebates and it usually takes a fight with e-care to get it applied after they refuse to honor it for one of many reasons.

I honestly hope if they continue to allow BB to sell at 200 and they continue to sell at 349 w/ mail in that Sprint ends up with a large pile of used 800w's for their trouble.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Dear Me,
    Thank you for contacting Sprint.
    I would like to inform you that Best Buy is third party service
    providers. Sprint does not match price with third party service
    providers.
    However, considering your long term association with, I have applied
    credit of $150.00 on the account. This credit will reflect on the next
    invoice.
    Thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate your business.
    Sincerely,
    Antonia C.
    Sprint

So supposedly I am getting my MIR instantly and the extra $50 to bring it to BB price. We will see if this actually happens though. At least I do have an email if it doesn't show up.

Ok Ok back on Reg. Edits.
    How do I get rid of the sprint bar (with the location, internet sharing, & bluetooth icons) on the Today page?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    How do I get rid of the sprint bar (with the location, internet sharing, & bluetooth icons) on the Today page?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=hidelogo
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    also:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=hidelogo
    Just call me Berd.
    on addtional discounts I was shot down by sprint chat, but ecare came through.

the chat line people are especially thick. this is not trying to put one over n sprint since they are going to have to take used handsets back which probably costs $100 in time and effort.

I had two handsets in question so it was a serious matter for me.

two minute email to ecare, and 24 hours later I got what I wanted, an additional $100 per handset insant credit so I would not have to worry about the mail in rebate. (I already got a $70 and a $50 credit per line.)

Sprint has always matchd what the third party sellers offer. it saves them a massive waste of time on their part.
    Yeah I agree on the chat. I used the Chat feature , told the guy about BestBuy and they bsaically told me to bring it back and go to best buy and buy it. I then emailed Ecare and they proceded to give me a $100 credit. Now after $250 in credit and $100 in free accesories ( For returining a broken 800W) I feel I paid a fair price now . Ecare seems to be set up to automatically give a $100 credit to current customers.