Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I read somewhere on sprintusers forum that if you dont have a data plan, the $100 mail in rebate wont work?

i have SERO so im assuming mine will work but i hope im not in for bad news
    Download the rebate form and read the fine print as I'm not entirely sure. According to their website you have to have their $25 data plan so I'm not sure.
    Yes you need the data plan ( I believe atleast $25 ) to get the rebate AND the rebate is only good if you purchase online or on the phone NOT in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    I read somewhere on sprintusers forum that if you dont have a data plan, the $100 mail in rebate wont work?

I read on the Sprint Web site that it required a data plan of $25 a month so I will not apply for the rebate. We need some styli and cases for this phone now!

Sorry for the post (I did not scroll down), it showed zero replies when I first looked at the post.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 07/13/2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Clarify
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post

When you go to the Sprint rebate site there is a seperate rebate form for Sero users. It appears that the rebate still applies to Sero plans...as long as you use the correct rebate form.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I read on the Sprint Web site that it required a data plan of $25 a month so I will not apply for the rebate. We need some styli and cases for this phone now!
    Why would you not apply? As long as you have a data plan I'd say give it a shot. Worst that could happen? They say no.
    Looking at my rebate. Requirements (paraphrased):

Activate the phone with a new 2 year agreement by 9/15/08.
    Include sales receipt or packing slip.
    Service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months and a new two year agreement.
    Your account cannot have any unpaid past-due amounts.
    You may be requird to activate o a service plan of 34.99 or higher. SERO customers required to activate on a service plan of 29.99 or higher.
    No mention of data plan or stores.
    Can someone please post a link where one could download the $100 rebate form.

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    This is strange. I looked at this page on Saturday when I renewed my contract and it was different. It is a new rebate with new terms:

http://www.nextel.com/en/promotions/...vanity:rebates

Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
    Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
    Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
    1 to 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).

PDA, BlackBerry and smartphones - Requires one of the following plans or add-ons:
    Everything plan
    Talk/Message/Data Share plan
    Data Premier Add-on
    PRO Pack Add-on

Fill out the form in its entirety. Include your sales receipt or packing slip. Must be dated 7/13/08 - 9/01/08
    Your rebate must be postmarked no later than 9/15/08
    Cash your rebate within 90 days of issuance
    Last edited by EMB Driver; 07/13/2008 at 11:45 PM.
    I was THIS --> <--- close to buying an 800w tonight. I was waiting for the telesales rep to call me back when I found this thread. Once she called back, I asked for clarification, and she says that you do in fact need to have either a $25 data plan or be on some sort of a Simply Everything plan to get the discount..

..which sort of pisses me off because she didn't bother actually telling me that when I was about to take my credit card out to buy the phone, but got cold feet and asked for her to call me back. Oh well, at least you can actually understand the telesales reps now. I really don't mind being transferred out overseas; they've gotta eat and support their families just like I do.. but damn if you couldn't understand miuch of a word they said before. Very nice lady, too.

What they initially offered me:

$599.99
    ---------

$349.99
    -$25 invoice credit

---------

-$25 invoice credit (because I whined about the iPhone being $199.99)

---------

-100.00 MIR

---------

$199.99
    PDA/Smartphone history:
    Apple Newton MessagePad 130, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor Prism, Kyocera 6035, numerous Treo 650s, Palm Treo 700wx, HTC Titan (PPC6800), back to Treo 700wx
    fortunately the $100 mir is on my retention notes (printed at a store) as applicable even though I pay much less than $25 per line for data. I made that a point after having the CS, telesales and retentions all tell me there was a valid $100 rebate -- as others here almost universally report being told when buying.

Rebate fine print and sales persons claims have gotten so many other sellers in trouble, all with eventual satisfaction to the buyers lately, so I doubt Sprint will reject the rebates.
    FYI My rebate status wen to 83% today, approved, not yet mailed.
    I do not have a paid data plan, but free casual evdo.

Makes the 800W handsets $70 for me after the Sprint price matching to Best Buy through instant credit.

In any case the rebate processing seems quick and not held up by the data plan fine print.
    For those who may not know, check your rebate status here:

https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp
    Yeah, Sprint always has these weird clauses in their rebate fine print, but hardly ever do they enforce them.

That's not to say they won't this time, but I've gotten away with it before.

Either way, why would anyone just not bother applying?

Also, if you want to be absolutely safe (and get the phone at a cheaper price), see if your local Best Buy has them. $199 + tax out the door...no mail in rebates to mess with.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Also, if you want to be absolutely safe (and get the phone at a cheaper price), see if your local Best Buy has them. $199 + tax out the door...no mail in rebates to mess with.
    Sprint matched best buy for ours with credits and sent rebate net final cost was $70 per
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    My rebate was denied (reason was "phone not part of promotional offer"), but a chat session with ecare netted me a $100 credit on the bill. It was a little bit of an argument as they had given me a credit just 3 weeks earlier for the BB price match. Worked out though as the phone was billed to my account and that bill was due today, so with all the credits the bill was only $70 higher than usual...
    Aero,ZeroPCS

How did you guys manage to get the final price to be "$70"? Telesales matched the Bestbuy price for me with the MIR factored in. So it ended up costing me $199.99 (more like jealous).
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Aero,ZeroPCS

How did you guys manage to get the final price to be "$70"? Telesales matched the Bestbuy price for me with the MIR factored in. So it ended up costing me $199.99 (more like jealous).

I purchased it through telesales at 349.99 and billed it to my account. Best Buys price was 199.95 before Mail in Rebate (MIR). I emailed ecare and asked for a return kit so I could return it to Sprint and re buy it at BB.

They gave me a credit of 170.00 on my bill (cost and tax difference) instead of the return kit. Which I was more than fine with as Telesales returns are hell.

Also, I am on SERO so I have only the data package through that...

Then my Rebate was denied because "device was not part of the promo". So I jumped on a chat session to see if they could push it through; they instead gave me another $100 credit twards my bill, thus making the total cost of the handset $70.00 + some kind of tax.
    Last edited by ZEROpcs; 08/26/2008 at 05:07 PM.
    You're not supposed to get a MIR on top of Best Buy's price. That's what they did wrong. You got lucky.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    ZeroPCS,

Thanks for the clarification.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast