Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    You're not supposed to get a MIR on top of Best Buy's price. That's what they did wrong. You got lucky.
    Perhaps that is their internal policy but no such thing was ever stated to me. Their was not a thing on my rebate forms that stated or even implied that.

So maybe they were not supposed to issue the best buy credit, but there was nothing remotely unethical about sending in the rebate.
    I never said there wasn't anything unethical about sending in the rebate...or unethical in general. It was just lucky that they didn't catch that and gave the rebate on top of the credits. What was supposed to be given is a $50 credit to match the final BB price...which is what most people were given.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I never said there wasn't anything unethical about sending in the rebate...or unethical in general. It was just lucky that they didn't catch that and gave the rebate on top of the credits. What was supposed to be given is a $50 credit to match the final BB price...which is what most people were given.
    I understand that point.
    But it is safe to assume that perhaps 10 out of a thousand people got a best buy credit in the first place.
    They can't void or deny the rebate though after the credit was given since the rebate says nothing. All this was an issue for us since we got three 800W units. So for me pushing down the price was worth three times my time.

In any case I wanted to report that the issue of the data clause created no rebate hiccup for me in the case of having evdo service but it being credited back on my lines.
    Here is how I got my net $70 per unit. It could be figured as $0 for three treos since I got a $70 per line standard resign bonus, but I would have gotten that with any handset or no handset so $70 is a more accurate number.

$600
    -100 instant
    -150 instant
    -50 instant teleales discretionary
    -100 rebate
    -130 best buy credit
    ----
    $70
    I actually lost the benefit of negotiating the $50/per treo telesales discount when I got the best buy discount as they match my prior cost which was lower than zeropcs. They did keep on the $25 service credit for not providing a tracking number within 24 hours.
    Aero, Thanks for the clarification.

I sent email to 'eCare' and they applied $150 instant credit to the account (I can see it in my account online). Now I am having pangs of "guilt" about applying for MIR as well. But then I can use that money to buy software/accessories .
    Yeah, they can't deny it, and they won't. However, even after the MIR, for MOST people who got the BB price match, it would still come to $199. The way it's SUPPOSED to work is that the Sprint price is $349 before the MIR...$249 after the MIR. So, to match BB price, all they do is give you a $50 credit, and then after the MIR, you're at the BB price.

I never said they could deny the rebate (although I'm sure there's a clause somewhere about Sprint being able to deny rebates if they feel like it).

But yeah, anyway...let's stop arguing about it. I'm glad you got that price, and I know you're glad you got it, so all is good.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Sprint has never screwed me in 3 years.
    If they do Ill let you know.
    I pay $15 for data.
    Whereas everytime I deal with ATT or Comcast I get screwed on my bill.
    I have a written contract for $80 with Comcast for which they autocharge me $125 .
    Called they said to come in to local office.
    Went into local office .
    They said sales would contact me.
    After 5 days they havent contacted me.
    So I'll go back to local office and start all over again.Meanwhile they overchargeged me for the past 3 months.
    I actually am loyal to Sprint just because they are always more than fair.
    the lady I talked too (oversea) was also very nice I made sure she place a note about the $50 credit .. but in the end she DID NOT make a note on my account LOL, I been going back and forth with ecare. It's all he say she say not much help.

I rant a little here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=3

so I guess I don't have much to say until my 2 year contract is up

good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by digitaloutsider View Post
    I was THIS --> <--- close to buying an 800w tonight. I was waiting for the telesales rep to call me back when I found this thread. Once she called back, I asked for clarification, and she says that you do in fact need to have either a $25 data plan or be on some sort of a Simply Everything plan to get the discount..

..which sort of pisses me off because she didn't bother actually telling me that when I was about to take my credit card out to buy the phone, but got cold feet and asked for her to call me back. Oh well, at least you can actually understand the telesales reps now. I really don't mind being transferred out overseas; they've gotta eat and support their families just like I do.. but damn if you couldn't understand miuch of a word they said before. Very nice lady, too.

What they initially offered me:

$599.99
    ---------

$349.99
    -$25 invoice credit

---------

-$25 invoice credit (because I whined about the iPhone being $199.99)

---------

-100.00 MIR

---------

$199.99
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12