Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If I sign another 2 yr contract, will I get the $250 price?
    Any other options? Would calling in an order via telesales, chatting, or going into a store be the best strategy for those under contract?
    Last edited by pufftissue; 07/14/2008 at 10:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Bump. I'm curious, too, about the best way to get the best price in this situation.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Maybe ask for 30 day return? I did that with my treo 650 when I bought it retail and it was 399.
    I got mine for a total of $179 once everything was said and done. 599 out of the box, minus 250 in store rebate, minus 100 mail in rebate, minus 70 renewal of contract rebate that will be credited on my next bill. The last $70 was because I was beyond my 2 years.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I paid 199 today, just about 2 hours ago at Telesales
    Call Retentions, maybe they can help you get a few bucks off.

If you do not qualify for rebates ($75 or $150) then you do not qualify for the $100 mail in rebate either. So basically it's $599 plus tax at this point. If you are eligible for $75 then its $524 because again the $100 MIB is not available. If you have another line that's eligible for the $150 you can ask Retentions to help you use it for the line you want the Treo activated. They may or may not allow this. The rules state that the phone must be active for 30 days on your account. It really does not state a particular number (maybe I read that wrong). Retentions may give a good customer credit (loyalty, on time payments) which may help. You must order it through them and not a store. Good luck.
    I can tell you they will not deal with me. I tried ecare, telesales, and retentions. I am going to try tech support next.

All of the above did offer me an instinct for a discount but not the Treo.
    They offered the Instinct to me first. They do this because its benefits them in the long run since you have to change plans which is more money for them a month. When you ask why they tell you ATT does this as well with the iphone. I told them since it does not sync with Exchange I don't want it.

I got Sprint to give me the $100 mail in rebate instantly. Got mine for $249 and I was only eligible for $75. I did renew my 2 year contract as well. If you want more information you can PM me.
  9.    #9  
    I am the OP. Looks like I've answered my own question.

Here is a brief outline of this post:

1. Call telesales 1-800-sprint1
    2. Ask them if you can have new customer pricing on the treo 800w.
    3. They will say "yes."
    4. Pay for it.
    5. Say "thank you" and then wait to receive your new treo 800w, thereby saving about $400 off the retail price.

OK, obviously YMMV, but that's literally what I did 15 minutes ago.

I am on the SERO plan and I have 4 months left on my contract.

I refuse to grovel in general and threaten to leave, throw a fit, etc. I'm not super happy with Sprint but with the SERO plan I just ain't leaving, period.

I just called telesales and said I'd like to get the pricing on the 800w that some people are being offered. He said, "good news, I can offer you this promotional pricing on the 800w." I like a guy who is uniform in the way he treats people. No hassle, no fuss. Either he can do it or he can't. No games, just a simple if you ask, you can have it type of interaction.

$249 after $100 rebate. He also will give me a $50 invoice credit.
    Got free shipping and waived activation fee, and for some strange reason he upgraded me to next day shipping.

I did have to renew the 2 year contract.

BOTTOM LINE: The deal exists and it is nothing other than dumb, blind, random luck. Which isn't all that bad depending on what kind of pain you want to put yourself through, i.e., how many times you're willing to call and repeat the same song and dance until you strike gold.
    Last edited by pufftissue; 07/14/2008 at 09:57 PM.
    pufftissue tells the truth!

Thank you much for sharing pufftissue.

I've been with Sprint since before the Treo 300 and NEVER agreed till any long term deals before.

1) I called 1-800-sprint1
    2) Selected the options to upgrade my current handset
    3) Followed steps 2-5 that pufftissue mentioned in their comment.

When I asked about new customer pricing, the rep checked and said my account had a note that I was a long term customer in good standing. She used some term for it that I don't recall.

I got the $249 deal. But actually I'm paying $395.31 up front, because my state has a killer sales tax, so for me it will be $295.31 after I mail in the rebate. I got free shipping and the activation fee was waved. I did not snag a $50 invoice credit like pufftissue, but I'm not complaining .

So I'm locked in with Sprint for 2 years now, but this is the Treo I've been waiting for, so the time has finally come when I'm comfortable locking in anyway.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    darnell and pufftissue speak the truth!!

Same deal for me. SERO customer but contract doesn't expire until October.

Next day delivery, too.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    FYI: I had a chat session with Sprint last night - I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, because my work's email system only syncs with Palm products, but I was curious. I was told that I could get a $250 online credit, as well as either (a) the $150 upgrade discount, or (b) the $100 mail-in.

Since I qualify for the $150, then I could get the 800w for $199, otherwise it would be $249. A curious thing was that I've only had my current phone since December (though I've been a Sprint customer for years), but they were qualifying me for the $150 discount.

Hope that helps!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am not having luck here. I called Telesales...THREE TIMES.

I tried three different times/ways to get a better price from telesales. I got nowhere. I tried just flat out asking for the "new customer pricing" when I called , I tried asking "what's the best you can offer me", and the final time I said, "I would like the $350 800w that I was offered the last time I called".

Nothing worked. Each time, I was told that $524 was a "hard number" that was completely "non-negotiable" (exact quote). On the final time I called when I said I was offered that price before, the lady wanted me to tell her who I spoke to because the information I receive was "false", and they needed to know who was saying that.

Sigh. Finally I just asked for retentions (last ditch effort) to see what they would do for me. Nothing. Same spiel as before...Hard number...can't negotiate it...blah blah blah. I tried pleading my case, but got nowhere.

Worst part? Technically, i've been with Sprint since like 1998 (had a pager with them back in the day...before cell phones). But in 1995, my wife had us switch to Verizon when our Sprint contract was up so that she could be "IN" with her sister. I didn't know much about phone deals at the time, and didn't bother to put up a fight. We went to Verizon for exactly TWO YEARS, and left as soon as our contract finished. Came back to Sprint. I told the Retentions lady that, too. She just gave me a "hmmmm...uh huh" response. She said all my old files were wiped when I left. I believe her, but that sucks.

Anyway. Since my "file" says I've only been a customer since early '07, they are fine with me "leaving". No attempt to retain.

I do do the "auto-pay" though. Never had a late bill or anything. But then again, no bill is over $75 (my wife and I both have SERO 500 lines). Guess that counts against me.

Long story short. I tried everything (multiple times) to get a better deal on the phone. Not in the cards for me.

K--
    I went through e-mail to receive mine for the new customer price. I didn't feel like dealing with the first level support so I figured e-mail is a nice passive way to do it. I talked with them, they transfered me to level 2 and the first response was "I can do it for $249. Order?".

Very easy and nice. Free overnight shipping too
    Ordered mine yesterday via Retention. Had to call them twice. Told them that I am considering other phones/providers, but don't really want to leave Sprint. First time, the person was not very willing to work with me. Second time, I got someone who was able to get me the 800w for $149 (he put me on hold a couple of times - extra $100 invoice credit for the 2 other lines that i renewed).

I was able to retain my current plan (a 2-year old retention plan) and add free sprint navigation. He said he will call me back to get "Pick 3" (needed to check with his manager). I have 3500 shared minutes, nights starting at 6pm, 1000 text messages, PowerVision, etc.

Now i need to research 2 other phones for the family (something simple with bluetooth, speakerphone, & a decent camera but under $50). Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I am not having luck here. I called Telesales...THREE TIMES.

I tried three different times/ways to get a better price from telesales. I got nowhere. I tried just flat out asking for the "new customer pricing" when I called , I tried asking "what's the best you can offer me", and the final time I said, "I would like the $350 800w that I was offered the last time I called".

Nothing worked. Each time, I was told that $524 was a "hard number" that was completely "non-negotiable" (exact quote). On the final time I called when I said I was offered that price before, the lady wanted me to tell her who I spoke to because the information I receive was "false", and they needed to know who was saying that.

Sigh. Finally I just asked for retentions (last ditch effort) to see what they would do for me. Nothing. Same spiel as before...Hard number...can't negotiate it...blah blah blah. I tried pleading my case, but got nowhere.

Worst part? Technically, i've been with Sprint since like 1998 (had a pager with them back in the day...before cell phones). But in 1995, my wife had us switch to Verizon when our Sprint contract was up so that she could be "IN" with her sister. I didn't know much about phone deals at the time, and didn't bother to put up a fight. We went to Verizon for exactly TWO YEARS, and left as soon as our contract finished. Came back to Sprint. I told the Retentions lady that, too. She just gave me a "hmmmm...uh huh" response. She said all my old files were wiped when I left. I believe her, but that sucks.

Anyway. Since my "file" says I've only been a customer since early '07, they are fine with me "leaving". No attempt to retain.

I do do the "auto-pay" though. Never had a late bill or anything. But then again, no bill is over $75 (my wife and I both have SERO 500 lines). Guess that counts against me.

Long story short. I tried everything (multiple times) to get a better deal on the phone. Not in the cards for me.

K--

funny enough, I was offered the $249 after rebate (really $282 with taxes) but the phone disconnected before we could finalize the deal. Called back twice and was only offered $525. lol... No notes or anything left by the first lady. No biggie, my guess is be patient and call back in a couple of hours...

The rebates are there, but with some reps they are not trying to work with the customers. Sprint needs to have some consistency with accounts...

Update: just called back, offered $249 again... this time they made a note on the account. I'm still waiting, may pull the trigger later.... 700 seems to work for me right now, even if a bit larger than the 800w.
    Last edited by theog; 07/18/2008 at 12:24 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    just called retentions
    349 - 100 MIR and a 125 service credit on my account.......
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    i got it for $249 with a 2 year extension from the day when i ordered the 800w. My contratct wwas to be up next april.. now it's July '10
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If I go to the Sprint store, can I get it for $249 with another 2 yr renewal?

I still have 1 year to go.

I am on the SERO plan.
    im left with no choice but ebay and craiglist...sprint aint going on this one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast