Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I am not having luck here. I called Telesales...THREE TIMES.

I tried three different times/ways to get a better price from telesales. I got nowhere. I tried just flat out asking for the "new customer pricing" when I called , I tried asking "what's the best you can offer me", and the final time I said, "I would like the $350 800w that I was offered the last time I called".

Nothing worked. Each time, I was told that $524 was a "hard number" that was completely "non-negotiable" (exact quote). On the final time I called when I said I was offered that price before, the lady wanted me to tell her who I spoke to because the information I receive was "false", and they needed to know who was saying that.

Sigh. Finally I just asked for retentions (last ditch effort) to see what they would do for me. Nothing. Same spiel as before...Hard number...can't negotiate it...blah blah blah. I tried pleading my case, but got nowhere.

Worst part? Technically, i've been with Sprint since like 1998 (had a pager with them back in the day...before cell phones). But in 1995, my wife had us switch to Verizon when our Sprint contract was up so that she could be "IN" with her sister. I didn't know much about phone deals at the time, and didn't bother to put up a fight. We went to Verizon for exactly TWO YEARS, and left as soon as our contract finished. Came back to Sprint. I told the Retentions lady that, too. She just gave me a "hmmmm...uh huh" response. She said all my old files were wiped when I left. I believe her, but that sucks.

Anyway. Since my "file" says I've only been a customer since early '07, they are fine with me "leaving". No attempt to retain.

I do do the "auto-pay" though. Never had a late bill or anything. But then again, no bill is over $75 (my wife and I both have SERO 500 lines). Guess that counts against me.

Long story short. I tried everything (multiple times) to get a better deal on the phone. Not in the cards for me.

K--
    Poor dude. Honestly, I think you should keep on trying once per day, every day, without fail, until you succeed. It's really luck of the draw. For that reason, anyone who wants it at this price should be able to get it. I emailed like every day for a week to try to get free text messaging added when everyone was supposedly getting it for free. Eventually, I got it.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    After doing ALOT of reading on the forums, and seeing the "inconsistency" with which Spring Retentions acts, I have come up with an idea. I think their response has MORE to do with HOW LONG you have had an account with them rather than how much TIME is left on our CURRENT contract.

That is the only explanation I can come up with for how RANDOM their responses seem.

I think those people who call them up with time left on their contracts and still get a good deal, have been with them for a longer period of time.

I mean. Has anyone been with Spring a short period of time (in their FIRST contract) and gotten a "great" deal? That would disprove my theory...I think.

K--
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Oh. And I finally went the Ebay route. Just picked one up on Ebay for $405 (shipping included).

I can live with that price...I guess.
    You can keep trying Sprint, or you can try ebay. Your other option is to get it at Best Buy for $349 as long as you can do a 1yr. I think it's cheaper than the Sprint 1yr.

And you said early '07, so you should be fine.
    I paid $149 for mine, and they gave me a new plan with 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, PowerVision, nights and weekends at 7pm, and I'm probably missing something.

Funny enough, they're charging me $2.50 for Sprint to Sprint, and wouldn't budge on in. All that, for $32.50 a month, and no new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    After doing ALOT of reading on the forums, and seeing the "inconsistency" with which Spring Retentions acts, I have come up with an idea. I think their response has MORE to do with HOW LONG you have had an account with them rather than how much TIME is left on our CURRENT contract.

That is the only explanation I can come up with for how RANDOM their responses seem.

I think those people who call them up with time left on their contracts and still get a good deal, have been with them for a longer period of time.

I mean. Has anyone been with Spring a short period of time (in their FIRST contract) and gotten a "great" deal? That would disprove my theory...I think.

K--

i dunno ive been with sprint for 10 years now and i was able to get a deal through retentions.

my buddy has been with sprint for 3 years, he called telesales yesterday evening and was able to get the 349 - 100 mir with no problems with him still being under contract for another 11 months.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12