View Poll Results: which should I do

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • add second line

    0 0%
  • wait until september

    5 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    hi guys been a while since I posted. I got a mogul and now I'm coming back to treo. was looking at the treo 800w and I called and they said well I have 2 options wait until September of this year when my contract is up and get the full discounts and get the phone for $250

    or add a second line to my plan now and get the phone with the discounts

    which do you think I should do?
  2. #2  
    If I were in your shoes, if I had the cash, I would go with the extra line. Otherwise, wait until September. This way, most of the bugs/kinks, revisions, more accessories, should be out by then.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
    hi guys been a while since I posted. I got a mogul and now I'm coming back to treo. was looking at the treo 800w and I called and they said well I have 2 options wait until September of this year when my contract is up and get the full discounts and get the phone for $250

    or add a second line to my plan now and get the phone with the discounts

    which do you think I should do?
    You can get it now for the new customer price of $350 ($250 after rebate) if you know how to negotiate. My contract wasn't up until July 2009 and managed to get it for $150 ($350 - $100 MIR - $100 customer service credit).

    However, if you haven't checked it out in person, I highly recommend you do that. I'm coming from a Mogul and considering returning the 800w. The 800w's extra RAM, always exposed keyboard, and Palm's tweaks are nice. However, I am having some second thoughts about the 800w's screen. The screen (even at full brightness) is significantly dimmer than the Mogul's and even though it has a 320x320 resolution, it fits less information than the Mogul even when you make the font size the smallest on the 800w. The 320x320 resolution is also causing some app incompatibility and while I am sure that will be fixed with time, I don't know if I can wait for that long. I may very well end up keeping the 800w but before I make that decision, I intend on using the 30 day guarantee to really put it through its paces.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
  4.    #4  
    yea reason i want to upgrade is i had a treo 700wx and it was better then the mogul just the screen wasn't big enough and it didnt have gps. the treo 800w i just say in a sprint store a few mins ago. on my mogul i never have the display up high allways leave it on lowers setting unless im outside. plus i hate having to flip the screen up to use the keyboard.

    i have to call sprint up again tonight to see what they can do because the guy in the sprint store said i have to wait until october actually and if i get a second line its 120 deposit. i had sprint for 6 years now and only handset i ever got was the one i got when i first signed up 6 years ago every other one i brought off ebay and not through sprint so its bull**** that ihave to wait all that time when i never upgraded through sprint.

    im about to look into att to see what they offer.
  5.    #5  
    hi guys yea i got it after talking to 3 people they transfered me to telesales and they pushed it through so I ended up getiing it for 235 after rebate. and then I sell my mogul it will be 150

Posting Permissions