Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The speaker sounds bad during calls but great with MP3s. I would imagine the software is crippling the earpiece this same way somehow.

I would really like to see Palm release an update to improve earpeice quality... It has been done on other phones.
    I think it could be solved through a little EQ. I think there's too much low and mid range which makes it sound really muffled. If they boosted the high end a bit, it'd cut through quite well and everyone would think it's incredibly clear.

A little volume legroom would help as well, although I think the EQ would make it seem much louder to most.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I noticed the muffled sound on my first call. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use the hands free (wired one that comes with it) or not. It's annoying but not a deal-breaker. It does seem like something that could be cleared up by a software update, but that's just a guess.
    That's what I'm thinking since, the call quality seems to suck even over bluetooth I think it's more on the processing/EQ side of things.

If something better comes out I'll definitely be having sprint switching me to that, and I don't intend on paying full price for it either.
    I added Touch to my account as a third line and have switched it to my number and my 700wx to the new line. The Touch so far after a couple of weeks has much better call quality then the Treo. I do miss the hard keys onthe Treo but am adapting to using the screen, plus the only big thing missing on the Touh is wifi.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Any word on a program like Volume Care pro that I used on my POS?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I added Touch to my account as a third line and have switched it to my number and my 700wx to the new line. The Touch so far after a couple of weeks has much better call quality then the Treo. I do miss the hard keys onthe Treo but am adapting to using the screen, plus the only big thing missing on the Touh is wifi.
    There is no comparison between HTC phones and the 800w for call quality. The Diamond is coming out in two weeks and will have WiFi, a much bigger battery than the 800w and will probably have working GPS too.

I tried two 800w's and they both had the same terrible earpiece. Do business customers not talk on their phones any longer?
    I lost my BT headset and have just noticed this issue. If you purchased directly from Palm, do you think Sprint will still swap it out (I do have insurance on the phone)?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12