Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    If the screen is dimmer, I would think that soon someone will be able to give us a registry hack in order to reenable the brightness to its absolute max.
    That's a thought!

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    That's a thought!

Joe

Of course, this assumes that the screen has been crippled so as not to increase to is absolute maximum as limited by the brightness of the lcd lights.

I'd think that Palm did not order a special screen that was physically incapable of outputting the brightness of other screens out there.
    anyone have an issue on the sensitivity of the touch screen? I find myself double-clicking and pressing really hard to get a response from the phone...
    I know this topic is old now but something has to be done about the brightness level. at 100% the 800w is still less bright than the 700wx, 700p, 650, 600, tx, lifedrive, and almost every other phone, PDA, and mobile device ever made or will be made. Palm I have a better idea so you can conserve even more battery life. Disable the cellular and wifi radios or better yet the on button. At least then we won't have to look at the dim screen and then we will have super battery life.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I tried out a new 800w at the Sprint store yesterday. It seemed quite a bit faster than other WM devices I have used but I was really having trouble with the screen. Even after turning on clear type and adjusting the brightness, I would say it was tolerable but that is about it. It was sitting next to a BB Curve and Palm 755p and the difference in screen brightness and contrast was astounding. Hopefully Palm can figure something out without killing battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaylock1226 View Post
    I know this topic is old now but something has to be done about the brightness level. at 100% the 800w is still less bright than the 700wx, 700p, 650, 600, tx, lifedrive, and almost every other phone, PDA, and mobile device ever made or will be made. Palm I have a better idea so you can conserve even more battery life. Disable the cellular and wifi radios or better yet the on button. At least then we won't have to look at the dim screen and then we will have super battery life.
    That might be their plan for the 900w. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce23 View Post
    anyone have an issue on the sensitivity of the touch screen? I find myself double-clicking and pressing really hard to get a response from the phone...
    Have you tried re-aligning the screen?

Afterwards mine is still mushy, but workable.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=167565

I do miss the hard firm "crisp" feel of the 755p's screen.

Maybe next time... Can you hear me Palm? Can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I really need to get an Invisible Shield, Boxwave (preferable) or other screen protector for this like my Mogul. One that not only keeps finger prints off, but takes away the glare. The screen is beautiful but in direct sunlight I couldn't read anything. I have no complaints though; I'd rather have the high res screen but I'm ordering the protector as soon as possible.
    Really? I think it is very readable in direct sunlight. Here is your problem: when you are outside in bright sunlight, I bet you are trying to use the screen in the shade, which doesn't work, because the backlight can't outpower the sun. However, just put the phone directly in the sun. It's a transflective screen so it looks good and really readable. I like using it in direct sun!
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Really? I think it is very readable in direct sunlight. Here is your problem: when you are outside in bright sunlight, I bet you are trying to use the screen in the shade, which doesn't work, because the backlight can't outpower the sun. However, just put the phone directly in the sun. It's a transflective screen so it looks good and really readable. I like using it in direct sun!
    That's what I was trying to tell people! I was by the pool the other day in the direct (florida) sunlight and I could see the screen just fine. Now the Mogul....grr that's a whole 'nother ballgame. I couldn't see jack on that thing if i was outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    That's what I was trying to tell people! I was by the pool the other day in the direct (florida) sunlight and I could see the screen just fine. Now the Mogul....grr that's a whole 'nother ballgame. I couldn't see jack on that thing if i was outside.
    That's the comparison I was about to inquire about. Thanks for the info. I hated the mogul under direct sunlight.
    Man I do not get it - my screen is great & I was able to move all my apps from my 700wx over to my 800w. No issues at all with 320x320 or with any screen brightness etc.

could not be happier with my 800w. Rocks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12