1.    #1  
    I took a look at Sprint's website today and noticed for the 800w it says "A data plan of $25 or more or a Simply EverythingSM plan must be purchased along with the handset in order to receive the mail-in rebate"

I only use the $15 data plan as I have no need for anything else. I just thought I'd mention this to anyone expecting to get the rebate if they didn't upgrade.
    I too am wondering. I had the grandfathered data plan on my Treo 650 but was told I HAD to get the $15 data plan. Now, I see the MIR says $25. What gives?
    asked elsewhere but to answer again, there are zero reports of denied $100 rebates on "$25 minimum data plans" among people who have discounted powervision, free powervision, free and discounted evdo under $15 or even free.

I supposed they could try and do this but I had three reps including retentions supervisor tell me the rebate is "absolutely" valid with my plan and place it on my notes.

boilermaker, the typical cost of 800w type data (unlimited txt, "casual evdo" which broadband bundled with picture mail) is $10 to $15 per line. Many of us have it for free or free and and a nominal charge ($5 or $10 total) on second line
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    asked elsewhere but to answer again, there are zero reports of denied $100 rebates on "$25 minimum data plans" among people who have discounted powervision, free powervision, free and discounted evdo under $15 or even free.
    Of course there are zero reports of being denied the $100 rebate. The rebate just came out today, how could anyone have possibly sent it in and been denied or even approved already?

Sprint can give you any rebate you want but just becuase they gave it to you does not mean it will be approved or denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I took a look at Sprint's website today and noticed for the 800w it says "A data plan of $25 or more or a Simply EverythingSM plan must be purchased along with the handset in order to receive the mail-in rebate"

I only use the $15 data plan as I have no need for anything else. I just thought I'd mention this to anyone expecting to get the rebate if they didn't upgrade.
    I guess I will not apply for the $100 mail in rebate. I am glad Sprint did not require the SEP plan as they did with the Instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I guess I will not apply for the $100 mail in rebate. I am glad Sprint did not require the SEP plan as they did with the Instinct.
    Are you sure? If you go to Sprint.com, select a 800w, buy with new plan, and individual plan, it brings to a screen which only lets you choose a SEP.

From what I heard, any PDA from now on that you upgrade to (even if you buy it straight up or with renewl discounts) will have to have to be on a SEP. That's what I read a few weeks back, so I don't know if it's 100%
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    Are you sure? If you go to Sprint.com, select a 800w, buy with new plan, and individual plan, it brings to a screen which only lets you choose a SEP.

From what I heard, any PDA from now on that you upgrade to (even if you buy it straight up or with renewl discounts) will have to have to be on a SEP. That's what I read a few weeks back, so I don't know if it's 100%
    Unfortunately the info at the time was changing rapidly...

If you are currently on SERO, you can change phones/upgrade without changing plans.

Read more here:
    http://wmexperts.com/sprint_sero_off..._dead_lon.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Of course there are zero reports of being denied the $100 rebate. The rebate just came out today, how could anyone have possibly sent it in and been denied or even approved already?Sprint can give you any rebate you want but just becuase they gave it to you does not mean it will be approved or denied.
    The language "$25 minimum" did NOT come out today. It has been around on quite a few handsets.

My point is Sprint has been honoring rebates for customers who have free or $5 or $10 EVDO with the SAME rebate language and SAME minimum.
    I am on SERO and I bought the phone at the store, they renewed my SERO contract, and nothing changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post

It isn't true at all. From comments around here 90% of us who just got the 800W are not on a SEP.
    I called the rebate department about this, as I thought this was an unfortunate stipulation. I have a $10 vision plan on my 755 and didn't want to give it up.
    I have the number down in my truck if anybody wants it, but I was told by a person who processes the rebates:
    They actually check your file to see if you have a $25 or higher data plan to grant the rebate. No reprieve on this one. I guess we'll know in 4-8 weeks...

EDIT- It seems as there is a new rebate in town and it differs from the one I mentioned above. I was referring to the one I saw rebate site on Saturday. This is the new rebate:

http://www.nextel.com/en/promotions/...vanity:rebates

Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
    Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
    Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
    1 to 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).

PDA, BlackBerry and smartphones - Requires one of the following plans or add-ons:
    Everything plan
    Talk/Message/Data Share plan
    Data Premier Add-on
    PRO Pack Add-on

Fill out the form in its entirety.
    Include your sales receipt or packing slip. Must be dated 7/13/08 - 9/01/08
    Your rebate must be postmarked no later than 9/15/08
    Cash your rebate within 90 days of issuance
    Last edited by EMB Driver; 07/13/2008 at 11:43 PM.
    With Data & Phone how much are you guys paying per month? When I am on the Sprint.com site the cheapest plan I can get is the SEP $69.99/month...is that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    They actually check your file to see if you have a $25 or higher data plan to grant the rebate. No reprieve on this one. I guess we'll know in 4-8 weeks...
    Oh there is a reprieve. You can see it from the fact that telesales and retentions (which see your account) were quoting the price after rebate to buyers. Not to mention rebate forms being changed in the middle of the initial buying period.

Rabate satsifaction has changed over the years. There are now half a dozen powerful offices in every state that will crucify a seller for mucking rebates including when sales people imply one thing and the fine print says another.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Rabate satsifaction has changed over the years. There are now half a dozen powerful offices in every state that will crucify a seller for mucking rebates including when sales people imply one thing and the fine print says another.
    BBB
    the BBB has intervened a lot with Sprint the last couple of years, but I was referring to your State Consumer protection, your state Corporations Board, and also your state's Attorney General Office. Companies reneging on rebates based on "fine print" have been subject to almost totally effective forced compliance by SAG Offices. Sales employees implying that a rebate is applicable are agents of companies and establish liability.