Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm having some trouble downloading opera mini on my new 800w. When I click the link, it simply saves the file, and then when I click on the file, it says no applications are associated. I'm a newbie to smartphones, so I am sure this is a pretty simple issue, but if someone could help me out that would be appreciated.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    I'm having some trouble downloading opera mini on my new 800w. When I click the link, it simply saves the file, and then when I click on the file, it says no applications are associated. I'm a newbie to smartphones, so I am sure this is a pretty simple issue, but if someone could help me out that would be appreciated.
    It is possible it is a zip file. Download Resco Explorer, and see if it see it.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post

There are 3 options to download - one is phone, one is PC, & one is SMS.. which did you choose?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    There are 3 options to download - one is phone, one is PC, & one is SMS.. which did you choose?
    I did the PC, because it adds options to your PC(such Send to Device).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    I just went to operamini.com on my phone, and clicked on "Download Opera Mini." When the download box comes up, it says "Download the 1.58KB file "mini.jad" to '\My Documents\'?"

I click yes, and then it saves the file. Then I run into my original problem.
    Silly question, but do you have a Java VM installed?

Esmertec is the best. I think you can find a version of it on xda-developers.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I did the PC, because it adds options to your PC(such Send to Device).
    Thanks NRG. Have you used Skyfire? I just heard about it & signed up for the Beta 2 - I guess you can't just download it b/c it said they will contact you when you can download... I should have my 800w Tuesday
    Palm still isn't including a Java VM? Ugh. I hate Java applications but sometimes I have to use them.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Palm still isn't including a Java VM? Ugh. I hate Java applications but sometimes I have to use them.
    Yes it is using Java. Java can be a pain when it doesn't work. I downloaded the new version of Opera Mini on my Mogul & after it installs I get lots of boxes where ever words are supposed to be.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Silly question, but do you have a Java VM installed?

Esmertec is the best. I think you can find a version of it on xda-developers.
    Do you happen to have a link? I'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Do I need to download this to my computer and then sync it to my phone? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
    try this..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    try this..
    Those are prcs for Palm OS. They will not work with Windows Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Those are prcs for Palm OS. They will not work with Windows Mobile.
    .. ok my fault..

surely, i have to yet a lot to learn...

In addition...
    what would be the file extension for windows mobile?
    Last edited by PalmDM; 07/13/2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: just wanna add one question..
    There's a link to the Esmertec JBed JavaVM near the end of the "what do you want to know" sticky thread.
  15.    #15  
    There's a link to the Esmertec JBed JavaVM near the end of the "what do you want to know" sticky thread.
    cool...thanks.
    skfny,
    Are you having same scrolling issue with opera mini using 8 and 2 on keyboard? When I try to scroll down using 8 on keyboard it goes all the way to bottom of the page instead of just scroll to next part of the web page. Are you having same issue? Is there any fix?
    thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I just use the 5-way to scroll. Are you sure you're activating the number option before pressing the 2 and 8 keys?
    I think there was a better java than esmertec for Windows 6.1. There were some threads about over on the mini forums.

What about direct text entry with the 800w. W/ the 700wx, it had to be disabled.....repeat key strokes recognized.
    From recent readings at

http://my.opera.com/community/forums...=&perscreen=50

It seems that most recent java machine for us would be:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=65

Guess it uses some 3D stuff. Didn't use to work w/ WM5. Coupled w/ the recent discovery of our 3D capabilities onboard....OM should FLY

I'm also going to check out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=384271

...it's a mortscript that allows copy/paste, default browser reg edits, and switching between OM and PIE.

Can anyone confirm/deny that this would be the way to go?

Also. Any luck with the signed versions of OM. Couldn't get any of them to work on the old 700. (Yeah the old 700 it is now). If not do the same fixes work to disable the nag screens?

Can't believe this is the first software I'm installing...I miss my mini! ...and I miss screen drag in PIE (from PIE plus). Is that working for us now?

Thanks
    What is the difference between opera mini and the opera 9.5 beta that is out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast