Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    What is the difference between opera mini and the opera 9.5 beta that is out?
    OM is a universal browser that runs on a Java Machine. Can run on anything that runs Java. Very "light" and fast and simple. Great zooming and navigating...on par with Iphone stuff.

Opera 9.5 is the latest of the full featured browser. "heavy" and complicated a bit. It kind of bogged down the 700.
    Strike one.... with the jbed:

"cannot be opened...not signed w/ a trusted certificate"

Old 07-05-2008, 06:55 AM

[United States] [U.S.A. - T-Mobile]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KGD
    In trying to run a new install of jbed on my iPAQ 211, I only get the message:

"The file 'Jbed' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."
    On non-phone devices, you need to copy phone.dll and sms.dll to to the windows folder before jbed can work. Did you do that?
    http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/1069934/...ls_for_PPC.zip

It's mentioned in the midlet bible chart, "Platform compatibility: non-phone PPC" row:
    http://www.winmobiletech.com/092007M...tyAndMain.html

Not sure I want to replace those files just yet...we've already got versions of those files since we're a phone device?
    Last edited by akenis; 07/17/2008 at 12:26 PM.
    I've been using Mortscript to emulate copy and paste commands in Opera Mini for months now. It really is smooth, but only accessible in text fields, not on any text on the page.

I use a version called Cloudyfa Esmertec JBed from the XDA site. Works great.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564

This one runs.

The cloudya version is based off 2.1, not 3.1 Java. Supposedly 3.1 is faster. I wanted to check it out.

How are u using mortscript? The link I pasted above?
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564

This one runs.

The cloudya version is based off 2.1, not 3.1 Java. Supposedly 3.1 is faster. I wanted to check it out.

How are u using mortscript? The link I pasted above?
    I am having issue with opera mini too. I cant type anything in address field. It appears to me that my keys are kept on pressing and for example I am typing yahoo.com, when I type y it will keep on typing yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... even though I am ready to type next letter. Anyone else having same issue?
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I am having issue with opera mini too. I cant type anything in address field. It appears to me that my keys are kept on pressing and for example I am typing yahoo.com, when I type y it will keep on typing yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... even though I am ready to type next letter. Anyone else having same issue?
    Thanks.

That was a known issue on the 700 also. From the left softkey, settings, turn off automatic entry (formerly direct text input). Looks like it's a problem for the 800 as well. Havent' had a chance to look an any of the recent beta's...maybe they have it fixed.
    Ok,

The esmertec above (Noonski) installs and runs fine. (the one by Ebeenezer wouldn't launch due to certificate error).

The Noonski also includes certificates, so when you finally go to mini.opera.com to get OM, select "if this version fails......prior versions."

Then select the multiple certificate version of 4.1. No nag screens, and selector.utf modifications.

Now just need to go back to the 700 forums and figure out how to set up the shortcut.

Review: Definitely faster than PIE. Beautiful zooming and navigation. Loads real website vice m version (ie. cnn.com not m.cnn.com). Big plus is book marks and speed dial instantly restored w/ sync account. Con: direct text entry still broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    That was a known issue on the 700 also. From the left softkey, settings, turn off automatic entry (formerly direct text input). Looks like it's a problem for the 800 as well. Havent' had a chance to look an any of the recent beta's...maybe they have it fixed.
    Thanks a lot, that fixed the issue . one more thing if you know by any chance, is there any browser on windows mobile that can let me login to my sprint account? All browsers I tried till now downloads a file "default" but nothing happens after downloading it. I check my minutes almost daily online to get an idea since I am on road a lot and since old mobile page that used to give me my account info on Treo 755p is not working on Treo 800, I need some other way so I can check my minutes.
    Thanks in advance.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Just wanted to say thank you for the esmertec suggestion. I was struggling with this exact same problem because I'm a total newb when it comes to WM. Loving loving loving Opera Mini as something to hold myself over until I get Skyfire. All I really wanted to do was read my Google reader.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12