Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    3rd day of use...

Unplugged at 8:00, used the GPS for about 25 minutes, watched some slingbox for about an hour.

I had my phone plugged into a microusb outlet from my BT8040 which obviously doesn't put out enough power as my battery still drained. By 3:00 I was completely dead.

I need to be able to make it through a work day even if I have to turn on my GPS. I can't wait until that extended battery.

On a side note, is there anyway to turn off the GPS or do we just assume it's not drawing power if no programs are using it. I'm using GPSgate and wondering if it continues to draw power even if I don't have any GPS programs running.
    It's probably best to close (via Task manager) all GPS apps when not in use.

OTOH, GPSToday is nice for using the "quick fix" feature: you tap it once on the plugin and it'll turn on, grab your coordinates, translate that into a street address to display and then turn off the GPS....

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I'm thinking GPSgate keeps it powered... I could be wrong but today I drained quick, and I know I was able to charge my phone with that other charger before and today it was nothing but drain.

GPSGate isn't actually in the taskmanager, but I found the icon on the today screen which shuts it down. Thanks for the help again.
    The charging gets better as it goes along. Fourth day of use. For awhile it was stuck at full charge at 94%. Now it's at 100%!

Tip: Check your "EV" (EVDO) icon near the battery icon. If it has the two arrows next to "EV," that means it sucking up more juice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    On a side note, is there anyway to turn off the GPS or do we just assume it's not drawing power if no programs are using it. I'm using GPSgate and wondering if it continues to draw power even if I don't have any GPS programs running.
    I used the GPS for the first significant amount of time this morning for about 20 minutes. I turned off the nav once I reached where I was going and two hours later was down to 80%! Quickest drain I've had. Though once I closed the nav in Task Manager, and put the phone on the car charger for my drive to the office I was good all day. I assume that thing was draining that entire two hours.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234