Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    What a weak argument. Now Mal is telling people not to use the 800w in any "non-professional" way because that's not what the battery was designed for. LOL Remember not to use that pesky internet.

Please put your stock-sized 1800mAh battery in your 800w and then let's do a "fair" comparison. What's that? None exist or ever will? Oops.
    [edited by dieter]

Again, why are you ignoring the people in this thread who said that the battery life is fine for them (including myself)?

Dude...stick with the Mogul. No problems. Move on already....

How is "everyone should try the device out for themselves and determine if it works for them" a weak argument? You're a fool.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 07/17/2008 at 09:43 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Did it start at 100%? The biggest blunder I've noticed to date is that the charger does not appear to keep the battery topped off. I typically start the day with around 92-93 percent. Note that the LED turns green above 90%. My guess is that once you've reached 100%, it doesn't start charging again until it drops below 90%.
    Mine too.The charger stops at 80 or 90% .
    But if you use the USB sync cable to charge from the computer it goes to 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Mine too.The charger stops at 80 or 90% .
    But if you use the USB sync cable to charge from the computer it goes to 100%.
    I had a similar problem with my Moto Q. It turned out to be a bad battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    I had a similar problem with my Moto Q. It turned out to be a bad battery.
    I've noticed the less than full charge effect with the stock 800w battery AND two replacement Centro batteries in the 800w.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    3rd day of use:

100% charge at 5AM

~125 email messages read w/ FlexMail

~50 SMS

20 minutes on phone w/ BT while driving

30 minutes browsing web w/EVDO

45 minutes misc poking around on it

Phone radio on, EVDO on, aGPS on, BT on, WiFi off (don't use it)

50% charge at 3PM

Your mileage (obviously) varies, but pretty acceptable for my usage.

have fun,
    john
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Pulled it off the charger at about 6:30 this morning. Wifi & BT are off, I turned on GPS for a short while (the 1st time since I got the treo) to see how well it worked, checked e-mails (wrote none from the Treo) and the calendar during the day, a few calls and several txt messages, and by 5:00 I was at 5% battery. To me, that's very light use and the batter should at least be at 50% by COB with that little usage.

In response to a prior post, yes I am going to write both Palm & Sprint. Just think if the screen was able to go brighter than what it is now, the battery would of been dead by noon...

DavidJ
    some interesting news on the battery front...

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...ended-battery/
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    50% charge at 3PM
    forgot to add: applied registry power tweaks (DisablePowerManagement=0) and brightness is at 90% while on battery.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    some interesting news on the battery front...

http://www .palminfocenter.com/news ...nded -battery/
    Put your tin-foil hats on.

Unconfirmed reports online have offered speculation that Seidio has somehow been "locked out" of making an OEM-size extended battery for the Centro and new Treos (800w & 850). So Palm may conceivably be working their own branded higher-capacity OEM-sized battery for the Centro and the upcoming 800w and 850.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    forgot to add: applied registry power tweaks (DisablePowerManagement=0) and brightness is at 90% while on battery.
    Are you referring to these tweaks?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=power+cab
    Those tweaks, along with reasonable backlight levels (I actually don't like using it at 100%, too bright and hurts my eyes), make a world of difference.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    here:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/htc-t...tml#post694199

not sure what's in the CAB file, but the treocentral post does point to pdaphonehome too. btw IMAP idle for email, rather than polling, helps out too.

john
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    First charge Report

Settings:

Bluetooth Off
    GPS Off
    WiFi Off

I charged my 800w the first time on Monday afternoon. Just looked at it, and I am down to about 25% battery going into Wednesday morning. My usage was on par with what I did with my 700wx...

-Exchange email on with Push during the day, but on timed polling at night. During the day, I receive hundreds of emails.
    -A decent amount of text messaging
    -A couple of phone calls here and there, maybe totaling 15 minutes.
    -Some web browsing, but mainly to check personal email, so combined maybe 5~10 minutes.
    -Used the GPS twice to try the new Maps program (great idea, terrible implementation compared to Live Search).
    - Finally about 15 minutes playing around with settings and such to customize my Today screen and interface.

Right now I am not mad at the battery at all. I will reserve judgement until I have to use it as a phone more than I have in the past couple of days. Will update battery usage.
    I'm impressed with this report. What was your brightness set on? With my Mogul I always had it up to 100%, but I'm down to 50% so far with this phone.
    I'm going to try the .CAB file from the link. I was REALLY against using any tweaks on this phone, but that's what Sprite Backup is for. I'll just revert if something goes haywire.

I just remembered I used this same CAB for my Treo 700wx and around 5pm I was at 70% with no known ill effects.
    So is the Centro battery the only one that will work? I just thought if the 700p extended would work, cause I have the 2400mAh Seidio battery. I'm sure someone would have tried it, so my guess what it is TOO big for the 800w.

I only glanced at the back of the device last night (since we had one at Best Buy) but didn't get to take it out of the plastic, so I couldn't tell.

Oh well, it's worth looking to see if it works. I just hate when things like this end up requiring all new stuff. Battery, the mini usb adapter, the smaller SD card.... I just hate that whole... now I have to buy new stuff crap.
    I think my battery life is getting better. Perhaps it wasn't fully charged on that first day, but I'm happy to report that it went from 8:00am to 12:30 am yesterday and still had about 15-20% left.
    Last edited by govtcheez; 07/17/2008 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Pulled it off the charger at about 6:30 this morning. Wifi & BT are off, I turned on GPS for a short while (the 1st time since I got the treo) to see how well it worked, checked e-mails (wrote none from the Treo) and the calendar during the day, a few calls and several txt messages, and by 5:00 I was at 5% battery. To me, that's very light use and the batter should at least be at 50% by COB with that little usage.

In response to a prior post, yes I am going to write both Palm & Sprint. Just think if the screen was able to go brighter than what it is now, the battery would of been dead by noon...

DavidJ
    My battery life has been pretty bad too. I always run my screen at full brightness for easier viewing outdoors (do this on all of my phones) and the battery has been pretty pathetic. I'm not even making it through one normal day without having to charge.

My other phone is a Mogul so I've made similar registry hacks to increase battery life on that one as well. Keeping this apples to apples.
    I was putzing around in the Settings when I noticed something about the Wifi. If you go to Settings > Connections > Wifi Prefs you'll see a check boxes for Enable Power Saving Mode as well as On Button Press which states "Attempt a connection only when Wi-Fi button is pressed." or Always On which states "Attempt a connection whenever device is powered on."

The Enable Power Saving Mode is checked by default and the Always On which states "Attempt a connection whenever device is powered on." is also checked by default. I dont use Wifi so I swithced to the On Button Press "Attempt a connection only when Wi-Fi button is pressed."

I'm not getting awful battery life (I also have a Mogul) but it could be better. I'll report back if there is a significant battery iprovement with this change
    is there a way to turn off the screens saver?? i think that has A LOT to do with the poor battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    is there a way to turn off the screens saver?? i think that has A LOT to do with the poor battery life
    Settings-->System-->Power-->Screen Saver
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast