1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Time to get all junk off I have been playing with, and install what I am really going to use. I unfortunately, do not know how to Hard Reset the darn thing.
    I read somewhere on here that you take the battery out and then hold the Red end key, and then place it back in....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Courtesy of Darth Pooh...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yank the battery...

Before you insert it back in, press and hold the RED power button.

When the Palm screen kicks in and the bar starts loading up, release the button and it will ask you to press up to perform a hard reset.

It'll start all over the bar and bang... you've just done a hard reset.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I know I read it somewhere before, lol... Its the same procedure for the 755 as well..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Courtesy of Darth Pooh...
    Thanks you. I tried that route earlier, but I guess I did not hold it long enough.
    Could someone do a step by step on what to do after "yanking the battery" to prevent reinstalling the junk. I think if I just hotsync everything just comes back. Right?
    Does anyone have a list of what programs are installed after a hard reset? Do we need any of them?

When I receive my phone tomorrow this will be the first thing I do as long as I don't need any of the installed apps.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Thanks you. I tried that route earlier, but I guess I did not hold it long enough.

On the Motorola Q (It's a Windows options with System Tools "Master Reset")

I like the power button option that Treo's have
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    Does anyone have a list of what programs are installed after a hard reset? Do we need any of them?

When I receive my phone tomorrow this will be the first thing I do as long as I don't need any of the installed apps.
    All of the 'installed apps' are in ROM and will be there after a hard reset. This isn't like your average PC where a clean install will get rid of extra OEM junk, you're stuck with the apps until people start developing custom ROM abilities for this platform.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    All of the 'installed apps' are in ROM and will be there after a hard reset. This isn't like your average PC where a clean install will get rid of extra OEM junk, you're stuck with the apps until people start developing custom ROM abilities for this platform.
    Ohh, well that sucks. I thought the 800w would have an extrom (like HTC phones) that additional carrier apps are installed from.
    Ohh, well that sucks. I thought the 800w would have an extrom (like HTC phones) that additional carrier apps are installed from.
    I have not found a method to unlock the Extended Rom yet... and if its anything like the Cheetah (750v) it will be compressed anyways.
    After a hard reset is there an obvious time when the additional applications are being installed (like with the Mogul for example) where you could just reset the device and bypass the installation?
    After a hard reset is there an obvious time when the additional applications are being installed (like with the Mogul for example) where you could just reset the device and bypass the installation?
    Not to my knowledge. The applications are just things like the Sprint and Palm today plugins and such. All of it can be turned off if you don't want to run it. As it is in ROM it doesn't take up any of your storage space. :-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G