Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Is it possible to listen to mp3/streaming music through headset and charge at the same time? does it come with something that splits micro usb in to stereo port and charge port?
    According to this:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mot...les-21523.html
    such thing does not exist or may even not be possible - this will make sedio carkit with stereo out impossible too?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    Is it possible to listen to mp3/streaming music through headset and charge at the same time? does it come with something that splits micro usb in to stereo port and charge port?
    According to this:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mot...les-21523.html
    such thing does not exist or may even not be possible - this will make sedio carkit with stereo out impossible too?
    I wouldn't say it is impossible, I would just say it is going to take some time. Think about it, we can charge and sync at the same time.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    It's an accessory, that I would imagine, will be available shortly from Palm (and others). All official Palm accessories are noted on page 344 of the Treo 800w User Guide.

"PalmŪ TreoTM 800 Power/Audio Adapter: An adapter that enables you to charge your Treo and use a wired headset at the same time."
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    is it a 4 pin microUSB? then pin 1 is 5v (charger) , pin 4 is Gnd, and the midle two pins are D+ and D- in data mode and left and right in stereo mode. (the real question is how does it detect stereo vs data? - probably resistance betwen GND and pins 2 & 3) Does anybody has a microUSB cable to spare and cut it to connect pins 2,3,4 to stereo hedaset and see if stereo comes out without extra resistors, etc?
    If this work the self-made cable will be possible to make untill Palm release the official one.
    I listen to streaming radio in my car all the time, and without charging my treo at the same time it will kill the tiny 800w battery very fast.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Leo,

I do the same thing all the time plus I even use TomTom for nav through my cars audio (tape cassette). I had a touch before and it came with a splitter that had micro USB and a 2.5 female audio. It worked well for my touch -- so I suspect that it should be fine. While the touch came with the mini-USB (not micro) Y splitter, you can find these anywhere like even here:

yahoo store

in the meantime I may try this:
    Motorola Adapter

It converts from micro to mini... then plug this into the mini splitter using a regular mini-mini cable
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Thank you , Insol! please give it a try and let me know if it works.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Tried it. The HTC uses an 11 pin USB that doesnt fit anything else I could find . The Motorola micro to mini adapter does not support audio... only charges the phone (at least mine didn't play audio) when I tried a mini usb to 2.55mm audio... so right now I got nothing.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    it does not work, nor do several of the mini-micro adapters because they only wire out power. I have spliced my Palm earbuds and that seems to be working ok. You can check this thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167780
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This must be possible or Palm wouldn't sell this adapter.
    Nevermind mentioned above
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    This must be possible or Palm wouldn't sell this adapter.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if some of these audio cables will work when plugged into Palm's splitter. I haven't heard yay or nay about it. Does anyone have one of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if some of these audio cables will work when plugged into Palm's splitter. I haven't heard yay or nay about it. Does anyone have one of these?
    I was considering the purchase.... However, I won't have the other part of the equation, LOL.

Quick OT question, does the sync cable charge as well?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yes the sync cable charges.
    Yes the sync cable charges.
    Thanks for the info. Has anyone taken up the audio issues/questions with Palm directly?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I spoke with Palm today, as I ordered the Palm charge/Audio adapter last week (the site said it is in stock). After which I (and others on this forum) got an e-mail saying we ordered a advance purchase item and the item is back ordered... we will be notified when it ships. I sent palm an e-mail (using their customer service form) asking about this on Monday and got an automated message saying essentially the same thing.

I called today and spoke with a customer service rep (who I must admit sounded a bit clueless -- but may have just sounded that way; I cannot be sure) and she told me that the mail was sent because of the long time to ship (the site states 5-10 business days).

Since I had ordered on the 16th I really could not argue too much (beyond questioning the validity/misleading of their two emails, assuming she knew what she was talking about and there was no point in THAT discussion).

Anyway come the 1st of August if the customer service person was competent and correct, I should have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Thanks for the info. Has anyone taken up the audio issues/questions with Palm directly?
    From what I understand this was a big issue when beta testing this phone so they are aware of the problem. Wouldn't hurt to chat with palm support I guess to make it even more well known.

My only issue with the audio is that it's too quiet during phone calls both from the handset and from bluetooth. PDA audio is plenty loud for me both from the speakerphone (no crackling here) and via A2DP. A2DP on this thing ROCKS!
    Has anyone raised the issue of 'standard' accessories like the Moto adapters not functioning with Palm directly? If they are truly 'standard' they should work.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Has anyone raised the issue of 'standard' accessories like the Moto adapters not functioning with Palm directly? If they are truly 'standard' they should work.
    Oh sorry, misunderstood you for the other audio issues.

No, I'm really only interested out of curiosity. I don't intend to ever buy any audio cables. I'm strictly wireless.
    there are several micro standards, many of them just adopted this spring. Additionally since the number of pins is limited, the devices can (need to) figure out whether they are attached to a pc for synch, a high amp charger and or microphone stereo headset. they use different methods to do this.

For example, at this point there are about a dozen different ways of wiring the inside of a mini head. there are in theory three mini usb standard, mini a, mini b and mini otg. but the standard ends there. there are four wires coming out but inside the head the five pins can be shorted or connected via resistors in many different ways to tell the device what it is talking to.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    From what I understand this was a big issue when beta testing this phone so they are aware of the problem. Wouldn't hurt to chat with palm support I guess to make it even more well known.
    You mean alpha testing, right? I believe beta testing has just started
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast