1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having issues with the 800w reporting GPS signal strength? Example, Garmin XT works fine, but it reports no signal strength! Got any ideas? I am stumped.

Last edited by NRG; 07/13/2008 at 11:52 AM.
    Maybe it has enough of a lock with towers that it doesn't try to look for satellites?
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I think it's Garmin thing - I have excatly the same problem on treo 755p - garmin reports that it doesn't see any satelites but has a 3d lock at the same time and navigation works. If I swith to tomtom , it does see satelites. Also I think if I reboot the phone Garmin will report the satelite signal correctly then in most cases. try using other program to see if garmin is lieing.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    I think it's Garmin thing - I have excatly the same problem on treo 755p - garmin reports that it doesn't see any satelites but has a 3d lock at the same time and navigation works. If I swith to tomtom , it does see satelites. Also I think if I reboot the phone Garmin will report the satelite signal correctly then in most cases. try using other program to see if garmin is lieing.
    A Soft Reset does not help, and it does the exact same thing in Pocket Navigator.

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I heard from another site forum that Garmin has an update for Mobile XT coming out in July. Rumor?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I heard from another site forum that Garmin has an update for Mobile XT coming out in July. Rumor?
    But it does this on all GPS programs, that I have at least(Pocket Navigator and Garmin). I was able to get signal strength with a HP6515 in both these programs.
    Give Garmin some time to update their software with support for newer devices and you should be alright. Why not shoot them an email or something?
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    Give Garmin some time to update their software with support for newer devices and you should be alright. Why not shoot them an email or something?
    But it isn't just Garmin.