1.    #1  
    I found Flex mail so far but is there any other Email apps for the 800W ??

Links would be terriffic if there are any others. Im not too thrilled with Outlook mobile. Thanks.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I found Flex mail so far but is there any other Email apps for the 800W ??

Links would be terriffic if there are any others. Im not too thrilled with Outlook mobile. Thanks.
    I don't know of any others besides Flex.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks NRG , thats what i thought, just checking. I may download a trial of Flex and see if it fits the bill.
    Thanks NRG , thats what i thought, just checking. I may download a trial of Flex and see if it fits the bill.
    What do you need? Flex has a lot of features, they're just not executed as elegantly as they are in Chatter. Most of the issues are because of OS limitations. For example, with Chatter I was able to store messages on the card and search through many messages quickly.

With Flex neither feature works very well.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah storing messages on the card is big. I used snapper and loved that. I also want a send/recieve button instead of having to go to the menu all the time and the option to send recieve all my email accounts instead of going to each one individually.

I saw this add on for mobile outlook. anyone try this. . seems decent.Dont know if it saves to the card?

http://www.qorefunctions.com/

PUSH EFFECT

Adds New Features to Messaging Application
    Push-Style Automatic Message Retrieval
    Keep EXISTING*Email Account at GMail, Yahoo Plus, your ISP, AOL*, etc.
    Messages Usually Arrive Within Seconds*(No More Scheduled Send/Receive)
    Monitors Multiple Accounts Simultaneously (Personal, Work, etc.)
    Exchange Server / imap IDLE Server NOT required
    No Need to Keep PC Turned On with Redirector or Sync Software Running
    Automatically Sends Messages (No More Send/Receive)
    1 Click Download of Attachments / Rest of Message (No More Send/Receive)
    New Message Notification Window (Like Email Caller ID - All Accounts including Outlook)
    User Selectable Sleep Period (So You Won't Be Disturbed!)
    Small Application Runs Directly on Device - Can Help Improve Battery Life!
    NO Monthly Service Fees*& NO Advertising on Bottom of Outgoing Messages!
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/13/2008 at 09:00 AM.
    Yeah storing messages on the card is big. I used snapper and loved that. I also want a send/recieve button instead of having to go to the menu all the time and the option to send recieve all my email accounts instead of going to each one individually.

I saw this add on for mobile outlook. anyone try this. . seems decent.Dont know if it saves to the card?

http://www.qorefunctions.com/

PUSH EFFECT

Adds New Features to Messaging Application
    Push-Style Automatic Message Retrieval
    Keep EXISTING*Email Account at GMail, Yahoo Plus, your ISP, AOL*, etc.
    Messages Usually Arrive Within Seconds*(No More Scheduled Send/Receive)
    Monitors Multiple Accounts Simultaneously (Personal, Work, etc.)
    Exchange Server / imap IDLE Server NOT required
    No Need to Keep PC Turned On with Redirector or Sync Software Running
    Automatically Sends Messages (No More Send/Receive)
    1 Click Download of Attachments / Rest of Message (No More Send/Receive)
    New Message Notification Window (Like Email Caller ID - All Accounts including Outlook)
    User Selectable Sleep Period (So You Won't Be Disturbed!)
    Small Application Runs Directly on Device - Can Help Improve Battery Life!
    NO Monthly Service Fees*& NO Advertising on Bottom of Outgoing Messages!
    I use PushEffect on my 700wx and it works great. You need to setup your email account to forward to your phone. PushEffect runs on your device and intercepts these messages. If the messages are forwarded emails, it triggers the email program on your device to download the mail. It works flawlessly. The only issue is, if someone sends you a text from a website, then it will also get intercepted so you won't see it. Fortunately for me, I don't consider these messages important.
    This is amazing - so much information on those sites and nothing of any value. The card storage is a big issue with the amount of email I receive on a daily basis and I do not look forward to moving things around at the end of the day.
    Sprints mobile email client is working well for me. It is a quasi push solution that uses backdoor SMS to initiate a pull.

-edit- I didnt realize poutlook was the issue. The app I posted is a push solution...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Sprints mobile email client is working well for me. It is a quasi push solution that uses backdoor SMS to initiate a pull.

-edit- I didnt realize poutlook was the issue. The app I posted is a push solution...
    Is this similar to Business Connection Personal Edition? Meaning, is there a redirector running on your PC?
    No, it is hosted on Sprint's or someone elses network which is nice.

It directly integrates with poutlook. It has a few limitations but overall is good for my (personal) needs.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2