1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I've recently gotten a problem that I have no idea how to remedy... I have had my 700wx for over a year and a half now and just yesterday, my phone stopped working without a headset. It works with a wired headset, or a bluetooth headset, but without one, I cannot hear anything, and no one can hear me talking. There is no audible sound coming from the speaker whatsoever. Not even a humming or anything.

The speakerphone button in the menu is even greyed out and cannot be selected. Sounds work in all other applications. I didn't install anything in months. I have no idea what could be causing the problem, nor could I find any other postings with similar problems. I tried a soft reset. I'd really rather not have to resort to a hard reset.

Anyone hear of this before or have any thoughts on what could be causing it?

Thanks!

-iLan
    This problem has been seen before when using the headphone jack. I'm not sure of a fix but you may just want to try plugging in and unplugging a wired headset a few times and do a soft reset or two to see if it'll let go.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    I have heard of that problem, although I thought with that problem you could still hear the other person. They just couldn't hear you. One thing, though is that I did use my wired headset yesterday for the first time in months. So I will try plugging and unplugging it a few times and see if I can get it to jostle back to normal. Thanks for the thought, I'll see if I can get anything working!
  4.    #4  
    BINGO! Thanks Grant! I plugged and unplugged the headset a few times. Did a soft reset, and now we're back in business!

Thanks for your wisdom!
    Quote Originally Posted by thepuzzlemaster View Post
    BINGO! Thanks Grant! I plugged and unplugged the headset a few times. Did a soft reset, and now we're back in business!

Thanks for your wisdom!
    No problem. I'm glad it worked. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yes, be scared of the treo headphone jack. I had to have insurance replace one because of the same problem and I could not get it to snap back. With most of them I have... I avoid hard plugging it in whenever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Yes, be scared of the treo headphone jack. I had to have insurance replace one because of the same problem and I could not get it to snap back. With most of them I have... I avoid hard plugging it in whenever possible.
    I've (nearly) never used mine for this reason. When I do use it, the phone is sitting on a desk and I'm not moving.