Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can someone try Garmin XT on the 800. Curious if it works. You can download the demo here.
    http://www8.garmin.com/software/Garm...ile_42030w.exe

Just want to know if it recognize the GPS seemlessly.

Also has anyone tried IGuidance 3 or 4. I am currious if that works natively with the 800's gps.

If one of you have both products, which one do your prefer?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Garmin XT working well on my 800w. Not only that, but I have it working from a 4GB microSD card I purchased earlier today. Had a chance to use it tonight when I drove out to Cleveland for dinner. Worked flawlessly. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by intomed View Post
    but I have it working from a 4GB microSD card I purchased earlier today.
    THAT'S news. Does the demo run from your card or the full version?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It requires a little chicanery to get it to work from a non-Garmin card, non-Garmin GPS.
    I will try igo and navigon MN in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Mine is running flawlessly from my 8 gb micro sd card.

Why is that weird?

Full version.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the report back. Good to hear that it works well.

How about Iguidance? Does that work with 800's gps?

I'm just happy that these software works. Now only if they ship some 800's to islands of hawaii already.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    Thanks for the report back. Good to hear that it works well.

How about Iguidance? Does that work with 800's gps?

I'm just happy that these software works. Now only if they ship some 800's to islands of hawaii already.
    iGuidance v4 doesn't work properly with the Treo 800w's 320x320 screen. It does find the GPS just fine though. Well I'm using GPSGate as an intermediary for the internal GPS, but it works just fine with that.

Garmin XT works perfectly with the 800w's screen though, again I'm using it coupled with GPSGate.
    Quote Originally Posted by angrytaxman View Post
    iGuidance v4 doesn't work properly with the Treo 800w's 320x320 screen. It does find the GPS just fine though. Well I'm using GPSGate as an intermediary for the internal GPS, but it works just fine with that.

Garmin XT works perfectly with the 800w's screen though, again I'm using it coupled with GPSGate.
    I (as well as many others) haven't needed to use GPSGate for Garmin XT to work properly.
  10.    #10  
    My store came through and I am an owner for an 800w.

You are correct, Garmin XT does not need GPSgate.

Time to play with my device!! All I can say initially is WTF, the stylus sucks. LOL.
    The stylus is plastic to help out with reception.

it does suck, and they should have made it a bit thicker or with better plastic. I do agree its pure crap...

now the flip side. I've only needed it twice now, and those two times, I realized I didn't need it but used it out of habit. Its a VERY one handed device.
  12.    #12  
    Yes sir.. Best one handed pda/phone out there period.

Confirmed IGuidance screen is messed up a little bit. So Garmin XT is the way to go. I drove around around the island and it works great.

I have tom tom, but don't feel like fishing it out my box of junk to see if it runs properly.
    Can't wait to try Garmin. I tried it on my 700wx and it seemed to lag. I could turn on an intersection and Garmin would think I'm still going straight. Only after about 500 feet or more, Garmin (on the 700wx) would then realize I'm not on the same street and recalculate.
    That doesn't happen with the 800w. It's dead on... and a solid lock within 20-30 seconds for me (if that).
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    It requires a little chicanery to get it to work from a non-Garmin card, non-Garmin GPS.
    Is there a link somewhere with instructions?

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Is there a link somewhere with instructions?

TIA
    Look around on the web, you will find it.
    Has anyone tried to see if Garmin XT will work with the phone radio off?

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That doesn't happen with the 800w. It's dead on... and a solid lock within 20-30 seconds for me (if that).
    NICE!!!!

How does Garmin handle an incoming call, text, or email message? I know when I tested Garmin on the 700wx and I would receive an incoming call and I switch over, I can't switch back, because Garmin somehow would close.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Has anyone tried to see if Garmin XT will work with the phone radio off?

TIA
    Yes, Garmin XT does work if the phone radio is on first initially. Then you can turn it off after Garmin acquires the sats.
    Last edited by wrecks; 07/14/2008 at 05:53 PM.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    NICE!!!!

How does Garmin handle an incoming call, text, or email message? I know when I tested Garmin on the 700wx and I would receive an incoming call and I switch over, I can't switch back, because Garmin somehow would close.
    Everything functions as normal, as if the GPS prog wasn't even running.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast