Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    Take a look at this post over on XDA, and let me know if this is possible for the 800w.

    I have by no means any skills to sort this out, so I am asking for a little help.

    I have installed the app, but I am missing some important drivers I think. When I hit connect, it tries to connect, but the connection keeps getting rebuffed, and then it finally gives up.
  2. #2  
    Not free, but there's always wmwifirouter.com that may be easier for most people at a small price. I'm looking forward testing this software out, maybe I'll try the steps at xda-developer before buying though.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Not free, but there's always wmwifirouter.com that may be easier for most people at a small price.
    Not gonna happen on my 800w


    I got this when I try to run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo 800w
    An unhandled exception
    occured at $800064EC :
    Exception : Unknown Run-
    Time error : 202
    $800064EC
    $F000FFFC
    $0002353C
    $0001EC68
  4. commo's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Not gonna happen on my 800w


    I got this when I try to run it.
    Yup I got the same error today as well. We can put this list as not yet supported.
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    Yup I got the same error today as well. We can put this list as not yet supported.

    I guess so. Chalk up a wmwifirouter.com tombstone.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #6  
    Bump for Sunday purchasers.
  7. #7  
    the new release of the wmwifirouter (1.25) works beautifully with my 800w. I am able to connect my mac and pc devices. and the SPEEEEEEEEED. Its a beautiful thing. I am getting connections upwards of 1Mbps
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennj4 View Post
    the new release of the wmwifirouter (1.25) works beautifully with my 800w. I am able to connect my mac and pc devices. and the SPEEEEEEEEED. Its a beautiful thing. I am getting connections upwards of 1Mbps
    Thanks Brenn, but I have had WMWiFi up and running for a while now.
  9. #9  
    Do you have connection or lockup problems with your phone?

    Also how does this relate to your data usage?

    I had issues when tethered to my old 700wx for sharing the bandwidth is why I am asking.

    Used to take me 5-10 minutes to get it to connect and when it would the phone would lock up after an hour. Then I have to do it all over again..

    Soft reset the phone... reset the computer... yada yada yada..

    Rodney
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Do you have connection or lockup problems with your phone?

    Also how does this relate to your data usage?

    I had issues when tethered to my old 700wx for sharing the bandwidth is why I am asking.

    Used to take me 5-10 minutes to get it to connect and when it would the phone would lock up after an hour. Then I have to do it all over again..

    Soft reset the phone... reset the computer... yada yada yada..

    Rodney
    I know where you are coming from, I had the same issues with the 700wx, as a matter of fact, if you search for some old threads, you will see I returned my 700wx for 2 reasons. 1) There was no SplashMoney at the time(SM is now supported), and 2) DUN kept dropping. So far I can stay connected for as long as the Battery will hold up on the 800w.

    Hope this helps you.

Posting Permissions