Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Should be getting my Treo800w sometime next week from Sprint Sales/Retentions.

After I get a Micro SD card, do my PIM info swap and activate my phone, what is the best way to reconfigure my Gmail account from Treo650 to Treo 800w?

For that matter, which built-in e-mail client on the Treo 800w will allow me to configure my Gmail account?

For Treo 800w, this should be easier, now that Gmail has built in IMAP.

Previously with my T650, I was using Chatter with Fastmail.fm as a waystation for IMAP. I realize Chatter doesn't work with Windows Mobile.

Sidebar Sandbox: Is there a way to seamlessly forward select existing Fastmail e-mails messages to Gmail for my Treo 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    For that matter, which built-in e-mail client on the Treo 800w will allow me to configure my Gmail account?

For Treo 800w, this should be easier, now that Gmail has built in IMAP.

Previously with my T650, I was using Chatter with Fastmail.fm as a waystation for IMAP. I realize Chatter doesn't work with Windows Mobile.
    I would pony up for flexmail. It handles fastmail and folders great.
    FlexMail is the closest thing to Chatter on WM. v3 wasn't stable and was a RAM hog but worked well.

It didn't do searches very well (unlike Chatter) and didn't save info to the card very well (a problem more with WM than FlexMail).
    Try the sprint mobile email application. it works well, handles 3 accounts and is free.
    I use FlexMal on my Moto Q and am very happy with it. If I get an 800w, it will be the first thing I install.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The card - I am confused - does WM mount/dismount the card?
    Yes. It reached the point where the FlexMail manual even said they have the functionality of saving to the card but don't be surprised if you get a corrupted DB and don't email them about it.
  7.    #7  
    When is the next version of FlexMail coming out?
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Try the sprint mobile email application. it works well, handles 3 accounts and is free.

is it push email?
    Kind of- it is what I call quasi-push. Instead of using a heart-beat protocol to initiate syncs Sprints app sends back door sms (you dont see these messages) to initiate a server poll.

It works pretty well- not quite as fast as true push but better than a local redirector.
    Kind of- it is what I call quasi-push. Instead of using a heart-beat protocol to initiate syncs Sprints app sends back door sms (you dont see these messages) to initiate a server poll.

It works pretty well- not quite as fast as true push but better than a local redirector.

hmm sounds interesting, will it work for my gmail? where can I get it?

thanks
    Angelo
    It works with gmail- that is what I am using with it.

Here you go;
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2

Here you go;

THANK YOU! Does it drain your battery?

Is there a way to change to retrieve me than 3k and more than 25 most recent messages?
    Last edited by Angelo921; 07/19/2008 at 09:19 AM.
  13.    #13  

Here you go;
    Is this an add-on to FlexMail?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Is this an add-on to FlexMail?

I installed it also but it wont get new email unless i manually check it. I have a checkmark set for "push mail".
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Here you go;
    I just installed Sprint Mobile Email using this cab file. I did set up my Yahoo mail account. Now, how do I setup my next account. I tried going to Program Files\Sprint\Mobile Email\provision .. Is that how I do it..??

Please help.
    Cant tell you for sure. Check the help section that lies within the app. If that does not work try deleting your account and setting it back up and watch for an option to add additional accounts.

However, at the end of the day I only use mine with gmail. I have read (official press release) that multiple accounts (3) are supported but I have never used more than one myself.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  17.    #17  
    What's the app called? I can seem to "get info" on the Set-up e-mail application ("tap to set up new account.")

I can't even find it in the applications menu.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I use SEVEN, the application the Spring Mobile email service is based on and works wonderfully with Gmail. You can download it for free from www.seven.com
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
  19.    #19  
    Wondering if you can download Seven from Treo 800w and install directly?

screenshots anyone?
    Is the SEVEN WM client supporting IMAP folders? (The Palm os version does not.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast