Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The built in email program on the 800w handles Gmail IMAP just fine. It lacks an IMAP IDLE option however so you have to tell the program how often to check. I have not had any problems with the program.
    I liked the Sprint Mail app on my Treo 755, but after about two weeks, I deleted it and went back to the built in Versa Mail client. What I didn't like is it was recieve msgs in the middle of the night..i couldn't find any settings to disable between bedtime hours. Also, every time my phone reset (and just in case you didn't know, Treos do that from time to time), my notification sounds would reset. Annoyed the hell out of me, so i removed the program. Outside of that, it was a cool program!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    The built in email program on the 800w handles Gmail IMAP just fine. It lacks an IMAP IDLE option however so you have to tell the program how often to check. I have not had any problems with the program.
    Do you have to save your messages on a memory card, though?
    It can save messages on the card. Pocket Outlook will only sync the inbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It can sync with inbox subfolder. Use Option -> Manage folder. However POutlook do not notify any new mail other than those coming into the inbox folder.
    Ok, during my playing with it I never could get anything other than what was in the inbox - I have not created sub folders within the inbox - just regular folders.
    I'm sorry, it should be Menu->Tools-> Manage Folders. Check the folders you wanted to sync to.
    I sync other folders besides inbox using the built in mail app also. Works good for me with gmail and aol mail.
  9.    #29  
    Seven ended up not working on my Treo 800w. Too many errors. I'll guess I'll have to try the free application on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Where are you finding the option to sync other folders such as sent? I'm not getting a choice of Sync in "Menu->Tools-> Manage Folders" Choices are bold 'New Folder', grayed out 'Rename', 'delete' and 'Folder Options'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Where are you finding the option to sync other folders such as sent? I'm not getting a choice of Sync in "Menu->Tools-> Manage Folders" Choices are bold 'New Folder', grayed out 'Rename', 'delete' and 'Folder Options'.
    hmm, that's the choice I have in WM6 Pocket Outlook. When I use that command a list of my folders pops up w/ check boxes in front of folder names. I just tick the folders I want to sync.

Are you using another software to check your email?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I'm using Gmail IMAP with the 800w and built in Pocket Outlook. One thing I had to change was that Pocket Outlook asumes you're using Gmail POP and configures it that way. I had to manually create/edit the account to configure it for IMAP. (although to be honest, not sure if it would make a difference).

I have my Gmail IMAP working almost-seamlessly in Pull Mode (vs. push) between the 800w with Pocket Outlook, my Desktop with Outlook 2007, and Gmail via any web browser.

The reason I say almost seamlessly is because if I delete a message on the 800w, it does not delete from the Gmail server. Need to check options a bit further to see why this is happening.

Esteban
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanj View Post

The reason I say almost seamlessly is because if I delete a message on the 800w, it does not delete from the Gmail server. Need to check options a bit further to see why this is happening.

Esteban
    I believe that is a "feature" of Gmail IMAP implementation. It's unusual to use label as folder name.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    I believe that is a "feature" of Gmail IMAP implementation. It's unusual to use label as folder name.
    on my gmail account it does add a tag "deleted-items" which you could pull up and delete inside the web client.

i almost never delete anything out of my gmail so I don't use it...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Do you have to save your messages on a memory card, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have a question on this. I believe only my attachments are hooked up to the SD card and not the e-mail messages themselves.

I've looked everywhere on the menu for the Treo 800w's e-mail app (does it even have a name?) and can't seem to find the option to do this.

Sadly, I miss the option from my time spent with Seven: That when I delete an e-mail from my Treo, it would also delete it from the main Gmail account. Are there tips and tricks to do make it work as I just described or am I out of luck?
  16.    #36  
    I thought the free e-mail app bundled with the Treo 800w would work for me. Now I'm not so sure.

Looks like it's time to download a free trial of FlexMail. For starters, I like its search capability. Where's the best place to download the free trial of Flex?

Also, now that GMail has built-in IMAP, do we still need to use Everyone.net? What's the best way to use FlexMail on the Treo 800w without having to go through too much hassle?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 09/06/2008 at 06:59 PM.
    FlexMail handles both POP and IMAP with IDLE/PUSH very well. Frankly, use which ever email services you like - works well with Everyone.net, Fastmail, GMail, et cetera. Once set up, it works with the same functionality as ChatterEmail - though as with all WM things, large files may take a bit of time. I use mine extensively with Everyone.net and GMail throughout the day and have no complaints. I do not download attachments, names only and when I need to access an attachment, I flag it for download, which it then starts to do and it opens with the file attachment once the file is downloaded.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12