1.    #1  
    I am currently using a Treo 750 and I have been experiencing many issues with the devices since I upgraded the operating system to WM6 (SD card method).

I am anxiously waiting on the next Treo device to be release on AT&T so I can finally upgrade to a more stabile device.

Supposedly, Palm is releasing the Treo 850 (code-named "Skywriter) on AT&T. My question is, what will be the difference in the 800w, 750 and 850 ?

I have seen some leaked pictures of the 850 and personally I like the way it looks better than 800w.

Also, how will/does the 850's specs stack up against Mogul, Blackberry Bold, and other devices that compete against Palm?

I have been a Treo fan ever since the 650 due maily to the touch-screen and form factor so I hope Treo can blow the bold, mogul, etc out of the water with these new device releases!

Finally, is there a tentative release date for the 850?

Thanks!
    I had a 700wx on sprint, and moved to AT&T and got an unlocked 750 from Staples for around $200 w/ all of the Staples cash, and rewards I had saved up.

I love the 750 compared to the 700wx, and I am glad to see that Palm is continuing the evolution of its WM tweaks with each new device. I played with an 800w at the Sprint store.

I hope the 850 just continues the evolution (specs listed on this forum elsewhere) with their "special sauce" tweaks, and gives us GSM guys a BB Bold level looking device (would Europeans accept the looks of the 800w?), and SIM card freedom.

I havent had any problems with my 750 that I haven't caused with third party apps. Have you tried a hard reset?
    I would also second kiwisholland and recommend a device wipe which resets the device back to factory defaults. Typically its Options > security options > general > BB key > device wipe.
    If you wait for the 850, all the TC 800 guys here will have the bugs worked out.
    It's like they're our Beta Testers.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I currently own a Treo 750v (WM6) and iam looking for an worthy successor from Palm. So far my 750 is working perfectly fast and stable but after 2 years of excessive use ( ) it starts falling apart and its battery is nearing the 20 hour mark.

Just like "Tha Pope" i came across the 800w and 850 but i have some difficulties comparing the three smartphones. One of the main reasons is, that i live in europe (Austria, to be exactly) and have no idea if "EvDO Rev A" means that i can use EDGE,UMTS and HSDPA in Austria like i can with the 750v.

The next question is, if there is an unlocked version so i get no Problems with Austrian SIM-Cards and Providers.

Same question with the GPS. I havent found out if i have any limitations if i try to use it in Austria. And of course there might be some limitations iam not expecting until now.

Apart from these question, the 800w looks pretty much like an overall improvement of the 750 to me. Greater Display, WM6.1, Faster Processor, more memory, support for 8GB Cards, GPS, Wi-Fi (Finally!!!) and hopefully the same stability that palm archived with the 750.

So, if the answers to my questions above dont indicate any compatibility problems in my country, the 800w will be my choice.

But only if the 850 does not perform even better in these categories. But i have found no official information whatsoever on the 850 that could answer my questions, so far.

Thank you!

Regards, Ickis99
    Last edited by Ickis99; 07/24/2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typos
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    EVDO Rev A means it is CDMA based and won't work on GSM, UMTS or HSPDA networks. CDMA phones are used by Sprint and Verizon, don't incorporate SIM cards, and are predominately used only in the US. You'll want the 850, which is the one I am looking forward to since my carrier is AT&T.
    I second the motion for the Treo 850.

Lets get this thing moving already.

Somebody get right on this!

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. Looks like i have to wait for the 850. And iam really looking forward to it.
    I have the iPhone 3G, Blackjack II, Tilt, and Treo 750. I'm eagerly waiting for the Treo 850, and ignoring the HP 910c and VM 111.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I have the iPhone 3G, Blackjack II, Tilt, and Treo 750. I'm eagerly waiting for the Treo 850, and ignoring the HP 910c and VM 111.

How about a review on what you have ? Please ? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    EVDO Rev A means it is CDMA based and won't work on GSM, UMTS or HSPDA networks. CDMA phones are used by Sprint and Verizon, don't incorporate SIM cards, and are predominately used only in the US. You'll want the 850, which is the one I am looking forward to since my carrier is AT&T.
    So.....if you don't have a need to travel the world outside the US, it sounds like the 800W will do just fine and is very close in specs to the purported 850.

Am I interpretting that correctly?

Has anyone seen processor speed spec for 850?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickC5 View Post
    How about a review on what you have ? Please ? Thanks.
    You'll be seeing a full comparo soon from me Stay tuned to the blogs (most likely TiPb)
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I second the motion for the Treo 850.

Lets get this thing moving already.
    Looks like the Bold will drop this month...finally!! But what I REALLY want is the 850. Does anyone know what the hold-up is here? Feels like we've been talking about this baby for half a year! This is quite infuriating.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome