1.    #1  
    Is there a Caps Lock Program for the Treo 800W?

3rd party or otherwise??
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why not hit the shift key twice?
    No confirmation if it works on the 800w:

MagiKB Lite

BTW, very nice developer. I worked with him on this software and his call filtering software (MagiCall), so if it doesn't work contact him and say you'll test it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Why not hit the shift key twice?
    ps

Caps Lock allow you to hold a key for a certain amount of time and it will rotate from a small letter to a cap and then to a number. Say I hold the 2 key (letter e) it will go to the number without using a Fn key or the Shift key to obtain a capital letter. They had one program for the Palm OS, I have forgotten the name of the program. One person was trying capslock to work on the motorola "q" but it never hit the market.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No confirmation if it works on the 800w:

MagiKB Lite

BTW, very nice developer. I worked with him on this software and his call filtering software (MagiCall), so if it doesn't work contact him and say you'll test it.
    Thank you
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    ps

Caps Lock allow you to hold a key for a certain amount of time and it will rotate from a small letter to a cap and then to a number. Say I hold the 2 key (letter e) it will go to the number without using a Fn key or the Shift key to obtain a capital letter. They had one program for the Palm OS, I have forgotten the name of the program. One person was trying capslock to work on the motorola "q" but it never hit the market.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I think the name of the program you are talking about is KeyCaps(POS).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I think the name of the program you are talking about is KeyCaps(POS).

here is the other program that does the same thing; spoken better than I stated it.

MagiKB Lite is:
    a powerful keyboard enhancement utility for Windows Mobile powered devices. It makes it easier and faster for you to input, select and edit text, and more. It makes one handed text entry much more convenient.

Key Features
    Input uppercase or alternative letters without pressing the Shift key or Option/Fn key
    Fast input additional letters by double clicking a key or by long pressing it
    Fully customizable to most keys on your device
    You can assign up to 4 additional letters to one key, greatly extend its functions
    Quickly select text by using the navigation pad, either by letter or by word
    One-hand operation making you easily select, copy, cut, delete, or paste text
    Optionally disable MagiKB Lite in specified programs
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    here is the other program that does the same thing; spoken better than I stated it.

MagiKB Lite is:
    a powerful keyboard enhancement utility for Windows Mobile powered devices. It makes it easier and faster for you to input, select and edit text, and more. It makes one handed text entry much more convenient.

Key Features
    Input uppercase or alternative letters without pressing the Shift key or Option/Fn key
    Fast input additional letters by double clicking a key or by long pressing it
    Fully customizable to most keys on your device
    You can assign up to 4 additional letters to one key, greatly extend its functions
    Quickly select text by using the navigation pad, either by letter or by word
    One-hand operation making you easily select, copy, cut, delete, or paste text
    Optionally disable MagiKB Lite in specified programs

For editing text on my Moto Q I am using Orneta Scissors; has worked well!