Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    So far to make it as comfortable a transition from my centro to the 800W i installed the following

    Resco Explorer 2008 (the built in explorer sucks) sorta like filez

    Style Tap , the #1 app in my opinion, most of my Palm apps work on the 800W saving me a fotune , I can still play Batlle ship, monopoly , trivial pursuit, Yahtzee and most of my games and some of the utilities like area codes , even the original Tiger Woods golf works. LOVE IT.

    SPB Mobile Shell for my launcher, today plugin

    Those three are a MUST in my opinion



    SPB Weather to replace 4Cast


    I moved from pocket quicken for plam to the Windows version for a small fee.

    TCPMP for movies

    I upgraded to the Pocket Tunes for Windows for a small fee

    Sprite backup came with the phone for free so it rplaces NV Backup

    Waiting for the new version of Sling Player for this device so thats not replaced yet.

    I am in the proccess of looking for somehting to replace my TV Browser that download the TV Guide every day.

    Also looking for something to replace callrec or Audacity , voice memo. Going to see if they work with style tap.

    So far the transisiton from Palm Centro to WIndows 800W is going smoothley . I thought it would be a little harder . I still prefer the simplicity of the Palm OS to Windows but this device rocks.

    Also is there any way ( or app) where I can get the bookmarks and phone favorites screens like in Palm . I hate explorers list .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/12/2008 at 12:59 PM.
  2. #2  
    I'm still looking for something to pull my old palm call log, and old sms log to my new 800w. Anyone have any luck there.

    I do need to check out Resco Explorer, and SPB Mobile shell.
  3.    #3  
    I was also looking for something to pull my old SMS log and my phone and internet bookmarks but couldnt find anything for the SMS and manually typed in all my blazer favorites and phone quickdials.

    Forgot also looking for a keyguard app like the one for Palm that displays the time and info when you turn the phone one.
  4. #4  
    I've been using WM for a yr now and still use many Palm utility apps. They're generally faster, smaller and more stable.

    You can record sound with the notes app. Press Menu-View Recording Toolbar
  5. #5  
    With Style Tap, are you able to have programs on the SD card and run them ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    With Style Tap, are you able to have programs on the SD card and run them ?
    YES! If you install StyleTap to the card as well.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    With Style Tap, are you able to have programs on the SD card and run them ?

    YES! If you install StyleTap to the card as well.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    ....
    Forgot also looking for a keyguard app like the one for Palm that displays the time and info when you turn the phone one.
    I got the time to show up on my keyguard screen. But I'll be damned if I remember how I did that. I'm post again once I find it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    YES! If you install StyleTap to the card as well.
    Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    I 'm still looking for something to pull my old palm call log
    Check out a program called Calls2Journal. They also make a Palm equivalent called Call Log+.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    I got the time to show up on my keyguard screen.
    Start>Settings>System>Keyguard.
  12.    #12  
    Thats thats a start but its tiny. Looking for a keyguard that puts a huge digital clock and some system stats on the screen .
  13. #13  
    Is there something that takes the place of Butler and its features or would I have to use Styletap?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    So far to make it as comfortable a transition from my centro to the 800W i installed the following

    Resco Explorer 2008 (the built in explorer sucks) sorta like filez

    Style Tap , the #1 app in my opinion, most of my Palm apps work on the 800W saving me a fotune , I can still play Batlle ship, monopoly , trivial pursuit, Yahtzee and most of my games and some of the utilities like area codes , even the original Tiger Woods golf works. LOVE IT.

    SPB Mobile Shell for my launcher, today plugin

    Those three are a MUST in my opinion



    SPB Weather to replace 4Cast


    I moved from pocket quicken for plam to the Windows version for a small fee.

    TCPMP for movies

    I upgraded to the Pocket Tunes for Windows for a small fee

    Sprite backup came with the phone for free so it rplaces NV Backup

    Waiting for the new version of Sling Player for this device so thats not replaced yet.

    I am in the proccess of looking for somehting to replace my TV Browser that download the TV Guide every day.

    Also looking for something to replace callrec or Audacity , voice memo. Going to see if they work with style tap.

    So far the transisiton from Palm Centro to WIndows 800W is going smoothley . I thought it would be a little harder . I still prefer the simplicity of the Palm OS to Windows but this device rocks.

    Also is there any way ( or app) where I can get the bookmarks and phone favorites screens like in Palm . I hate explorers list .
    Are you using Style Tap for the TCPMP or a Windows version ? The one I installed for windows is throwing up an error code..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  15. #15  
    They had to recompile TCPMP for later versions of WM6.1. Try the version posted here. You'll need to log in to see the file to download.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380387
  16.    #16  
    You have to use the one Hannip posted , the regular one does not work on WM6 . It didnt work when I tried to use it with styletap. I tried Slingplayer , TCPMP, Palm vnc , 4Cast and those programs did not work on styletap. Seems that programs ( excluding TCPMP) that have to access the internet or data do not work with style tap.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You have to use the one Hannip posted , the regular one does not work on WM6 . It didnt work when I tried to use it with styletap. I tried Slingplayer , TCPMP, Palm vnc , 4Cast and those programs did not work on styletap. Seems that programs ( excluding TCPMP) that have to access the internet or data do not work with style tap.
    It depends on how they access the network. Kinoma works great, as do BCalcPalm and BeCrossword among others.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    They had to recompile TCPMP for later versions of WM6.1. Try the version posted here. You'll need to log in to see the file to download.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380387
    Thank you very much, have it up and running now...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You have to use the one Hannip posted , the regular one does not work on WM6 . It didnt work when I tried to use it with styletap. I tried Slingplayer , TCPMP, Palm vnc , 4Cast and those programs did not work on styletap. Seems that programs ( excluding TCPMP) that have to access the internet or data do not work with style tap.
    Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It depends on how they access the network. Kinoma works great, as do BCalcPalm and BeCrossword among others.
    I guess I shouldnt make a blanket statement . So data and internet programs can work with Style Tap. Its good to hear and glad I was incorrect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions