Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The title is wrong. "Conversation with Palm Support." No updates coming. They find no issues with the 800w.

User Joe has entered room

Joe (Sat Jul 12 08:38:36 EDT 2008)>Have a list of programs that do not work with the 800w on Sprint.

analyst Robert has entered room

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:38:43 EDT 2008)>Hello Joe_Pisciotta, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Robert. How may I help you?
    Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:38:45 EDT 2008)>Hello.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:39:22 EDT 2008)>Robert, what is up with the 800w on Sprint. The phone is terrible. Not many things work with it. Where is Voice Command?

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:39:41 EDT 2008)>I understand that you have some application that does not work with the 800w .

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:39:49 EDT 2008)>I'll be glad to assist you in resolving the issue.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:40:05 EDT 2008)>Some? I have more, I just posted a few.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:40:32 EDT 2008)>Sure .

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:40:38 EDT 2008)>Do you work for sprint ?

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:40:51 EDT 2008)>no, just a consumer who purchased one.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:42:05 EDT 2008)>Is the data connection working proper on the device ?

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:43:13 EDT 2008)>Everything works fine. Is nothing compatible? There is a huge thread on treocentral about this which has lots of replies.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:43:16 EDT 2008)>http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=166944

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:43:33 EDT 2008)>Already people are returning the device.

Joe_Pisciotta(Sat Jul 12 11:44:08 EDT 2008)>It took Palm 2 years to come out with this device. You would think it would perfect.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:44:51 EDT 2008)>This is a new device it is posted in the forum .

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:45:14 EDT 2008)>Will there be an update?

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:45:53 EDT 2008)>Definetly If there are issues with the device we will release an update.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:46:12 EDT 2008)>but there is no confirmed update that you know of coming soon?

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:46:14 EDT 2008)>Are you facing these issues or did you read in the Forum ?

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:47:12 EDT 2008)>I've read the forums but found there are way too many bugs even to deal with it. Unless there is an update coming out in the next few days I'm returning mine for a full refund and going back to the HTC Mogul.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:47:45 EDT 2008)>You can surely return the device and avail the refund.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:49:26 EDT 2008)>I know. I was a big Palm fan and couldn't wait for this device. I've waited 2 years since the 700wx release. I thought the 800w would be awesome due to the 2 years Palm had to perfect the device. I'm blown away that it took this long to release a phone that is this bad.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:49:47 EDT 2008)>I do understand it from your prospective.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:50:12 EDT 2008)>But this being a new device and if we found any issues with it, they will surely be addressed.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:50:42 EDT 2008)>Palm hasn't found any issues? Have they used one yet?

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:50:42 EDT 2008)>You being a Palm user for many years will surely know that we will fix the issues with the device to address the bugs.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:51:22 EDT 2008)>To be frank with you, the official release date of the device is July 14th.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:51:31 EDT 2008)>Ok. I'm going back to HTC until things are fixed. The biggest problem is the 320X320 screen. There is not support for this.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:51:34 EDT 2008)>We will have a clear picture about it only after 14th.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:51:52 EDT 2008)>I have taken all the notes offered by you.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:52:09 EDT 2008)>Actually the official date is July 13th according to Sprint's paperwork. Either way the date will not fix anything.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:52:10 EDT 2008)>I will forward them to the team working on this device.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:52:20 EDT 2008)>Thank you so much for reporting it to us.

Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:52:29 EDT 2008)>ok.

Robert(Sat Jul 12 08:52:47 EDT 2008)>As you are not satisfied with the device, the only option as of now is to return it and avail refund.

Remote Control Status: Disable View Only
    App compatibility issues are not Palm's fault...

If you want to vent at someone, vent at the apps' developers as they are the ones responsible for supporting standard resolutions.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Maybe i'm missing something here but the change in resolution should have been an expected problem with application until the app vendors update them. Just like a PC, resolution can have detrimental affects.

Now, in all fairness to Sprint, why is this their problem? They do not make the phone or the OS. Your problem is with Microsoft mainly and to some extent Palm but surely not Sprint.

Again, just like any new major OS release (at least from a Windows perspective), things will not always work until vendors update the apps. As much as I don't like Sprint, your barking up the wrong tree.
    Wow, while he didn't have any great answers, didn't you think you were just a little bit rude? The phone is out on its soft launch right now. That conversation looks more like you wanted to vent than get answers. Hopefully, as the full release hits, there will be answers about issues people are having with the device. (I hope so, because I've got one on the way!)
  5.    #5  
    This is Palm support, not Sprint. The title is wrong.

If there was such an issue with 320 X 320, then you move away from that. You got 2+ years to work with other options.

Yes, this is a new device and problems are expected. However this phone had been beta tested for a long time.
    First, Joe comes off like a complete tool. Venting vs. specific issue.

But the real thing that makes Joe clueless is that this is not a Sprint issue, but rather a Palm and app developer issue. He is venting at the wrong people.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    This is Palm support, not Sprint. The title is wrong.

If there was such an issue with 320 X 320, then you move away from that. You got 2+ years to work with other options.

Yes, this is a new device and problems are expected. However this phone had been beta tested for a long time.
    Again... 320 x 320 is a standard WM6 resolution... It's not Palm's fault. The only reason the 7xx series didn't have a 320 x 320 screen is that WM5 did not support it but it supported 240 x 240 which was standard then and the 700wx had the same issues at launch because of DEVELOPERS, not Palm.

The key here is that one needs to understand that early adoption means things aren't always going to be peachy... And if you want to play the blame game you need to blame the right people instead of going off on a company that has nothing to do with the problem. Now if you want to complain at Palm for the 'listed' BT dialing not working, that would be a Palm problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    Yes, I am a tool for buying this. Again, this was Palm, not Sprint. Your right, I am clueless. Clueless to why this phone was even released. Crapola.
    WORST POST EVER.

First off, there are SMALL problems with this phone... nothing major (maybe except battery life for me, but that because I am a heavy user with a new toy!).

320 x 320 is NOT PALM's PROBLEM. Developer's will be the ones who support this. This is obviously a post and conversation with someone who does not understand who is to blame here.
    Yes, I am a tool for buying this. Again, this was Palm, not Sprint. Your right, I am clueless. Clueless to why this phone was even released. Crapola.
    Ok. Bye bye. Have fun with the MONGREL.
  11.    #11  
    At least it has support ****. Good luck with a dead company. Two years, how embarrassing. HTC Diamond coming soon, I'll take that. It has a real feature list.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    WORST POST EVER.

First off, there are SMALL problems with this phone... nothing major (maybe except battery life for me, but that because I am a heavy user with a new toy!).

320 x 320 is NOT PALM's PROBLEM. Developer's will be the ones who support this. This is obviously a post and conversation with someone who does not understand who is to blame here.
    Indeed.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What did you expect them to do? throw you a patch right then? All you did was vent with, as someone already said, nothing specific on YOUR problems at all. You sent a link. that is not how you work with any support. I fyou had started out trying to actually work with them and say I am having this, this and this problem you probably would have gotten somewhere. Or if not, then at least you've reported legitimate problems. Treocentral is NOT a legitimate place to post problems that you want Palm to fix. Palm will only fix confirmed issues that THEY have confirmed with customers. Not the crap way you went about it.

Oh and by the way, welcome to early adoption. If you didn't want problems, then you should've waited. Just like all the people that went to buy iPhones, should've waited for the problems to be fixed.
    The res issues will work out in time as developers fix their code. It was the treo community that wanted Palm to support the 320x320 res and Palm has just done what customers wanted. It is a fairly new res in the Windows Mobile world so you have to expect problems initially, but it will all be worked out. There is nothing Palm can do other then report the problem to software developers to fix their code. Maybe that's why it took so long for Palm to release this thing since they were waiting for developers to catch up. Who knows, but I'm not disappointed in their decision. I will report to developers my findings and wait for fixes. We went through the same scenario with the 700w when it came out and it all worked out eventually.
    At least it has support ****. Good luck with a dead company. Two years, how embarrassing. HTC Diamond coming soon, I'll take that. It has a real feature list.
    He called me ****. Clever.

HEY EVERYONE come and look how WITTY he is!
    Yeah, this is pretty terrible and was just plain rude.

I don't see what Palm has to do with programmer's not coding for a standardized resolution--that's actually shoddy work on the programmer's end as this resolution is provided for in the SDK.

Second--wait a few weeks and contact your developer.
    Where is Voice Command?
    It's under Start --> Programs --> Apps

And how is this a "bug"?

This thread is a waste and was done in poor taste--don't go speaking to a Palm employee for the rest of the forum. You didn't even get the device till Sunday, correct?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    What did you expect them to do? throw you a patch right then? All you did was vent with, as someone already said, nothing specific on YOUR problems at all. You sent a link. that is not how you work with any support. I fyou had started out trying to actually work with them and say I am having this, this and this problem you probably would have gotten somewhere. Or if not, then at least you've reported legitimate problems. Treocentral is NOT a legitimate place to post problems that you want Palm to fix. Palm will only fix confirmed issues that THEY have confirmed with customers. Not the crap way you went about it.

Oh and by the way, welcome to early adoption. If you didn't want problems, then you should've waited. Just like all the people that went to buy iPhones, should've waited for the problems to be fixed.
    Actually, I did send a list of applications. It was too long to list in the thread. Hopefully they do work out the issues. Great phone in theory. I for one was excited since its conception. As you can see, very fustrated.
    Yeah...and those HTC device drivers they never delivered?

And the not enough RAM on the Mogul or first GSM Touch?

And the 900mah battery on the Diamond?

Or the flat out copying of the iPhone as innovation?

HTC is a shinning example of an excellent and flawless company. BTW, I have this bridge...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I would have loved to have been able to hear what they said after you hung up. Long meaningless rant about compatability the day BEFORE the phone is supposed to launch. You were a **** about it too.

Go back to the Mogul and its 10mb of free RAM after boot.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah...and those HTC device drivers they never delivered?

And the not enough RAM on the Mogul or first GSM Touch?

And the 900mah battery on the Diamond?

Or the flat out copying of the iPhone as innovation?

HTC is a shinning example of an excellent and flawless company. BTW, I have this bridge...
    Duly noted sir.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast